Carter and Collins Able To Help Pass Rush?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Carter and Collins Able To Help Pass Rush?

http://nesn.com/2013/10/andre-carter-jamie-collins-can-help-boost-pass-rush-on-third-down-and-other-patriots-thoughts/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Carter and Collins Able To Help Pass Rush?

I am really surprised at the lack of use with Collins. I thought after watching himn this summer, he had a ton of upside rushing the passer. Reminded me of Von Miller. But the Pats had him mostly in coverage (out of necessity?)

I have commented a few times on the board...the strengths of both Collins and Hightower are playing going forward. Ditto Spikes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I thought we'd see more of Collins with his hand in the dirt in sub packages.  I thought he played on the line in college.  He looked pretty strong to me in the limited snaps although the ST penalty was bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think we have to concede that our rush defense will probably not recover w/ Wilfork on IR. I also doubt BB will get help for the interior part of the DL for defending the run. With Kelly out, it seems our pass rush declined (and obviously the secondary was greatly affected by Talib's absence).  So, it would be nice if Carter and Collins could make an impact on pass rush.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Isn't Dink supposed to be a pass rusher?  Didn't he just get a new contract?  Another head scratcher, along with Arrington, by our GM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Capable bodies are key and when you are on a team considered a contender one would think you'll elevate your game to assure the team gets to the playoffs and contend.  These plug n' play players have done wonders to keep the Pats competitive and in a way most teams in the NFL just can't seem to achieve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Collins is an all purpose linebacker who probably needed to be coached up at the NFL level, he also came to the Patriots at their deepest position and why he hasn't seen a lot of snaps to this point isn't a mystery, who are you taking off the field to put him in; Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Fletcher... none of the above is the answer. 

We should see more of him now, but don't say he should have played more to this point because no he shouldn't have.  Will he help now that Mayo is gone is the bigger mystery and a reason the draft is a roll of the dice, if he doesn't it won't be because he doesn't have the talent.  I think he will but he is still behind Fletcher and the rest...

Carter if healthy should provide sacks, he's done it his whole career everywhere he has played, it also depends how well our DT's play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isn't Dink supposed to be a pass rusher?  Didn't he just get a new contract?  Another head scratcher, along with Arrington, by our GM.

[/QUOTE]

Nink is playing at 75% at best...he's got a groin pull and they can be very slow to heal up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think he will but he is still behind Fletcher and the rest...

Collins played more snaps than Fletcher last week for what it's worth.  Pretty sure he starts in the base defense although to your point they spend so much time in sub he'd have to overtake Hightower or Spikes to get that many snaps at LB.  That's why I thought he might get some more snaps as a rusher where Buchanan has been used.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

How much do the Pats send in a 5th man or lb to blitz?

Not too often ?  So I dont see Collins doing too much pass rush

Altho i would do more run and pass blitz because of the injury losses

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Collins is an all purpose linebacker who probably needed to be coached up at the NFL level, he also came to the Patriots at their deepest position and why he hasn't seen a lot of snaps to this point isn't a mystery, who are you taking off the field to put him in; Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Fletcher... none of the above is the answer. 

We should see more of him now, but don't say he should have played more to this point because no he shouldn't have.  Will he help now that Mayo is gone is the bigger mystery and a reason the draft is a roll of the dice, if he doesn't it won't be because he doesn't have the talent.  I think he will but he is still behind Fletcher and the rest...

Carter if healthy should provide sacks, he's done it his whole career everywhere he has played, it also depends how well our DT's play.

[/QUOTE]

I dont agree. I am taking Spikes off the field on any passing situation. I would prefer an athletic, fast Collins who has played some strong S in college over Spikes...factor in the Pats best cover LB was Mayo, Collins should be seeing more snaps. Would be great if BB sent Collins in to pressure the QB to mix it up some

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Collins shows his speed and quickness. His knock was coverage in space and lack of upper body strength. He's a bit of a work in progress and needs to bulk up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nink is playing at 75% at best...he's got a groin pull and they can be very slow to heal up.

[/QUOTE]

Is that you Dr. Gill or are you making up facts like Rusty? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that you Dr. Gill or are you making up facts like Rusty? 

[/QUOTE]

Not Dr Gill but simply repeating what has been written...that he was battling a groin issue...

Now here's the importent question...is your post intended to show intelligence or you are simply a dxxk? I'm confused.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

no fighting fellas...I am enjoying my Rusty free holiday...please try not to ruin the peace

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, Mayo is out.  Spikes is great for the run, same with Hightower.  So, the question is - is Collins better than Fletcher for passing situations?

DT position is a huge question mark isn't it? JAGs at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no fighting fellas...I am enjoying my Rusty free holiday...please try not to ruin the peace

[/QUOTE]

It has been rather quiet. Pleasant, isn't it? :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

How much do the Pats send in a 5th man or lb to blitz?

Not too often ?  So I dont see Collins doing too much pass rush

Altho i would do more run and pass blitz because of the injury losses

[/QUOTE]

That's a question for BB and Patricia.  The defense and the DC has been getting a pass for years because they didn't have the players/groceries to do so.  I'm not saying blitz for no reason, but it seems like we need to get pressure on the QB to make things happen; whether its hits, pressures, hurries, fumbles, sacks, or INTs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Not Dr Gill but simply repeating what has been written...that he was battling a groin issue...

Now here's the importent question...is your post intended to show intelligence or you are simply a dxxk? I'm confused.

[/QUOTE]

I was just joking with you.  Sorry man.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Our edge rushing isn't the problem, it's the interior that's holding us up. Teams just double Nink and Jones, just have to hold out for Kelly and Armstead to come back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know I agree with you on Nink, but he's a better playmaker/standing LB than a Pass Rusher. He wasn't a bad signing though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Collins played more snaps than Fletcher last week for what it's worth.  Pretty sure he starts in the base defense although to your point they spend so much time in sub he'd have to overtake Hightower or Spikes to get that many snaps at LB.  That's why I thought he might get some more snaps as a rusher where Buchanan has been used.

[/QUOTE]

I hope we see more of him...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

I am really surprised at the lack of use with Collins. I thought after watching himn this summer, he had a ton of upside rushing the passer. Reminded me of Von Miller. But the Pats had him mostly in coverage (out of necessity?)

I have commented a few times on the board...the strengths of both Collins and Hightower are playing going forward. Ditto Spikes.

[/QUOTE]

I cant believe BB has the nerve to think he knows more about football than some self proclaimed expert who watches ESPN and fantasizes he works for them! May be BB will start consulting you when making his lineup! After all since you "commented a few times on the board" about Collins, it must be true!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I cant believe BB has the nerve to think he knows more about football than some self proclaimed expert who watches ESPN and fantasizes he works for them! May be BB will start consulting you when making his lineup! After all since you "commented a few times on the board" about Collins, it must be true!

[/QUOTE]

Goobely, Goobely

Bwahahaha! Cartoon head again posts on BDC yet says absolutely nothing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last time:

This isn't a 4-3 pin your ears back DE/OLB thing here with a BB D. He asks more from LBs here than what frigggin Jack Del Rio would do with his god awful D in Denver.

It's why they suck. There is more to edge play than just trying to get sacks.

[/QUOTE]
    im surprised there isnt more talk about how bad the denver defense is, it will be why they dont go to the super bowl this year, just like last year.