Carter Fined $15,000

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Carter Fined $15,000

I know we need to protect players who are "defenseless" but the game of Football that I played from High School through College has become a joke at the NFL level.  I am all for protecting the QB if it is determined that a defensive player targets the knees or drives the QB into the ground, but Carters hit was text book the way I was taught as an ILB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Carter Fined $15,000

horrible call. When you have a straight on hit like that you are suppose to hit head up face mask into the chest and follow through with the hit. If you try to put your head off to the side you risk serious injury (since your neck isn't made to bend sideways with force)

Carter had a text book hit that protected not only himself but also Rivers. I just don't get how his fine warrants the same penalty as the the guy who drove at Brady's knee then tried to twist it on the way down.

BTW any word on if Sanders got fine for driving his helmet into Hernandez's knee, or for that helmet to helmet hit on Gronk?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Carter Fined $15,000:
    [QUOTE]Let's focus on how messed up this is: Carter incorreclty flagged for a textbook hit at the numbers on Rivers. Garay not flagged for personal foul as per the 2006 ruling of players needing to avoid hits at the knees. Goodell doesn't know his own rulebook.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

This is a mind boggling example of the officials calling plays exactly the opposite of the rules. Disgraceful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

NFL isnt looking too good right now. I understand there was a lockout and refs may be adjusting to new rules.....BUT, how do you explain them implementing a new rule to review EVERY touchdown and then last week I see 2 distinct TDs that were 50/50 (one on our own team w/Hernadez losing the ball on the ground) and one that  clearly wasnt a TD (Sproles td, his foot was out of bounds at the 2 yard line) and they fail to even look at it!!

What the Hell is going on out HERE!!!! (in my Lombardi voice)

SMDH

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  we've been over and over this.

If Carter's tackle is "unnecessary roughness," then there's simply no legal way to tackle the quarterback . . .   at all . . .   ever . . .   and you'd just better hope that your guy is one of the guys the league is protecting . . .  as Brady, its reigning MVP, clearly is not . . .  for whatever reason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

OK I get it the QB is more important to any team,but the hit that they are fining Carter for was as clean as they come.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Complete hypocrisy.  Garay lunged at Brady's knees and Carter makes a textbook hit right when Rivers releases the ball.  Both treated the same, beyond ridiculous. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Carter Fined $15,000:
    [QUOTE]I know we need to protect players who are "defenseless" but the game of Football that I played from High School through College has become a joke at the NFL level.  I am all for protecting the QB if it is determined that a defensive player targets the knees or drives the QB into the ground, but Carters hit was text book the way I was taught as an ILB. 
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]
    I'll say this again. The NFL ruling states that once the ball as left the hand of a passer (QB, WO, RB), a defender cannot, that's cannot, even be run into, forget drilling him in the numbers or even taking him off his feet and driving him into the playing surface. What would everyone be saying if TB would have been drilled like that? And I fully support the fine levied for going after TB's knee. There was intent to injure no matter what the defender says. My 2 cents.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]Let's focus on how messed up this is: Carter incorreclty flagged for a textbook hit at the numbers on Rivers. Garay not flagged for personal foul as per the 2006 ruling of players needing to avoid hits at the knees. Goodell doesn't know his own rulebook.

Absolutely...the two cases are totally different, no way this fine should happen and if so should not nearly be the same amount as Garay.

Appeal!!!!

If anyone who has ever played football is on the appeal commitee and still has a shred of honesty and respect for the game it will be overturned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The NFL does not have an antitrust exemption like baseball correct?

If the pussification of the league keeps up I think it is opening the door to another football league!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE] Goodell doesn't know his own rulebook.

He doesn't use a rule book, he just does whatever he feels like. He must be violating something in his contract with his actions. He needs to be bounced.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

whats next? They going to put a flag in the Qb's pocket? lmfao.

That was textbook, how the hell do you fine him for that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

This does not seem to be something that we should be complaining about. We have the best QB in all of football and as long as he is able tp play I want him to play. Let's keep all qb's healthy because that gives the Pats a big advantage. Other teams have more to gain by hitting Brady than we gain by hitting Sanchez, Henne or Fitzpatrick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Agree Carter should file an appeal asap. And think that garaway's hit/tackle on Brady's knee was intentional and in clear violation of the QB rules.
    If this is how the NFL is going to allow the refs to operate, I call a flagrant personal foul on Goodell.
    I think it's time for Bob Kraft to speak the powers that be if he hasn't already.
    And NFL fans need to keep speaking out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

F-ing joke. Great play this sh-t is bullsh-t!!! How in the helll can a player stop in mid-stream? And by the way the hit was text book perfect. If your going to fine him why not fine the officials that miss blatant fouls and call ones that aren't. It's time to make the refs accountable!!!!      In Response to Carter Fined $15,000:
    [QUOTE]I know we need to protect players who are "defenseless" but the game of Football that I played from High School through College has become a joke at the NFL level.  I am all for protecting the QB if it is determined that a defensive player targets the knees or drives the QB into the ground, but Carters hit was text book the way I was taught as an ILB. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Carter Fined $15,000:

Agreed. If I were Carter, I wouldn't pay this bogus fine. His was a good, clean hit. There was nothing he could have done to stop himself. The biggest joke of all is that he was fined the same amount of money that Antonio Garay was fined for going at Tom Brady's knees. That type of "hit" is what they should be working on, to legislate out of the league.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Maybe our lack of pass rush is a mixed blessing. 

After all, if you actually get to the QB, but can't touch him, what good is the rush?

How much longer til we get "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Agree 100%!!!    In Response to Re: Carter Fined $15,000:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carter Fined $15,000 : This is a mind boggling example of the officials calling plays exactly the opposite of the rules. Disgraceful.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]whats next? They going to put a flag in the Qb's pocket? lmfao. That was textbook, how the hell do you fine him for that?
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Then there would probably be a rule on roughing the QB'a flag

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]F-ing joke. Great play this sh-t is bullsh-t!!! How in the helll can a player stop in mid-stream? And by the way the hit was text book perfect. If your going to fine him why not fine the officials that miss blatant fouls and call ones that aren't. It's time to make the refs accountable!!!!      In Response to Carter Fined $15,000 :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Makes you wonder what kind of abysmal f*** ups these guys are at their day jobs?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

What's even more crazy is they fined A. Carter more, 15K, than they did C. Woodson, fined 10K, who threw and landed an egregious punch on a player (can someone explain how he wasn't tossed from the game?).  How Garay's hit didn't warrant a penalty is truly unbelievable, the referree was staring the play down...remember all of the Ravens complaining about the "treatment" Brady receives. Don't think this doesn't have an impact on calls vs. TB12, this is a perfect example of it!

Clearly Goodell and company play favorites (players & teams) when handing out punishments and the Patriots are not on that "favorite" list, all of the BB and Patriot haters won't agree, but the hypocrisy never ends and evidence has been clear throughout the years when comparing fines, suspensions and/or lack thereof.

As a former NY Jet employee, Goodell will forever be a Patriot hater and the fact Kraft was given a-lot of credit during the "new deal" agreement made him burn inside with even more envy, as the agreement was supposed to be his "baby" and it turned out Kraft indavertantly stole his spotlight.

Goodell and all of his NY cronies are a joke! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

NFL officiating has been terrible so far. I've watched alot of games so far and it it very inconsistent across the board.

It was definitely terrible in the Patriots-Chargers game

25. This post has been removed.