Michael Coe
    Alan Ball
    Will Allen
    Drew Coleman
    Alphonso Smith
    Chris Carr
    Chris Johnson

==============

Anyone names jumping out at ya off this list?  Of course Talib, which I do hope he comes back but man, his health concerns worry me.  He does this team no good off the field hurt.  What about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: CB Free Agents

In response to ricky12684's comment:

let's sign aqib talib, brent grimes, dominique rodgers-cromartie, sebastian vollmer, reggie bush, mike wallace, wes welker, osi, michael johnson, ed reed, dashon goldson, henry melton, and jairus byrd. 

Don't forget Revis.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

yes and trade 2 1st round picks for revis and give him $60 mill guarenteed

It's not that bad... he only wants $50 mill guranteed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

mario williams got $50 mill guarenteed.. revis wants more than 50

Talib and Jammer would be nice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

^^^^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Grab Grimes and Talib and any other CB over 6' tall. Damn midgets can't cover the bigger receivers!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This list tells me Talib is going to cost $5-7m per if not for the off the field issues. Will some one give it to him? If that's the tab, I don't think the Pats pay that much for him. 

Whats plan B?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I'll take talib at discount due to injury history.  Then try out 20 guys and take the best according to health, SPEED, and aggression.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

what are the options? Use pick 29 on a cb like Rhodes? Wait until rounds 2 or 3?  This draft is cb rich....hope Ras can stay healthy and develop? I wouldnt put any eggs in that bucket. 

the answer is a veteran presence ..Talib has experience in our system and did quite well. If it takes 5m per year, we need to pay it. Defense is a lot better with him. 

Plan a...sign Talib ...need a vet period..pay the kid and move on

also .draft a cb in 1 of the first 3 rounds...insurance against Talib getting hurt, Ras not stepping up...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Guys! Guys! Don't forget we are getting Rasi Dowling back! We are ALLLLLLLLL set! Boom!

And of course we can always resign Chung! Annnnnd Arrington!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Well Talib seemingly satified 2 of the concerns that were raised when they made the trade; could he help on D and would he stay out of trouble?

So it comes down to health--if they feel its a minor issue you gotta figure they'll try to resign him otherwise why make the trade

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Well Talib seemingly satified 2 of the concerns that were raised when they made the trade; could he help on D and would he stay out of trouble?

So it comes down to health--if they feel its a minor issue you gotta figure they'll try to resign him otherwise why make the trade

If someone else offers him $9 mil/year with $20 mil guaranteed or some such thing then he will be gone.  Doesn't matter how well he played or that he kept his nose clean.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

If someone else offers him $9 mil/year with $20 mil guaranteed or some such thing then he will be gone.  Doesn't matter how well he played or that he kept his nose clean.

Agree, I'm just figuring that they must of considered him as a possible long term possiblilty when they made they trade--as opposed to trading for an older vet that could put them over the top for a year---so I'd be surprized if they just let him walk without at least trying to work out a deal

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Agree, I'm just figuring that they must of considered him as a possible long term possiblilty when they made they trade--as opposed to trading for an older vet that could put them over the top for a year---so I'd be surprized if they just let him walk without at least trying to work out a deal

Yes, I think they'll try. But it would be surprising if he didn't at least listen to other teams before signing, and it only takes one. Lots of teams need secondary help.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

I really like Brent Grimes but I would think that he would command quite a salary on the open market.  He is coming off of a season ending surgery so that could lower his value somewhat.  I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but I have trouble seeing Talib getting a huge payday.  He has serious character red flags, so much so that he was sent packing by his previous team for a fourth round pick even though he arguably has first round talent.  His offseason was just the latest in a series of off field incidents in which he may or may not have tried to fire a gun at his sister's boyfriend (and if he didn't his mother did).  After that he failed a drug test for PED's (the typical Adderall defense) and had to serve a four game suspension.  He comes to the Patriots where he does help to shore up a very leaky pass defense by covering the best receiver on the other team (excelling in covering big physical receivers who may have lost a step) and proceeds to get hurt.  And in the biggest game of the season he shows why the Pats traded for him in the first two series (by covering an aging Anquan Boldin) and then gets hurt again.  To me, there are a ton of red flags with Talib that would allow me to let someone else pay him big money.

I think a problem that the Patriots have is that top FA cornerbacks get paid a lot of money.  Sean Smith is an above average CB, but you will probably have to pay him like a playmaking, shutdown corner (which he is not) to get his services.  Talib showed what this defense could look like with a very good CB, it's just a matter of how much the Pats are willing to overspend at that position.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm not one to speculate but I would sign 2 CBs , that's what the Pats need.  Proof was when Talib went down, it not only changed Ravens passing game but our D fell appart , they just laid and took the oncoming offense.  If the Ravens in the 1st half would have started throwing the ball more the final would have been worse than the end result. 

All this to say it took only 1 injury , 1 player to change this game. That's weak.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Grab Grimes and Talib and any other CB over 6' tall. Damn midgets can't cover the bigger receivers!

I agree we need bigger CBs, and bigger WRs.

I'm tired of Hobbitville

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Say.....now that we are on the CFL bandwagon....any good CBs up north?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I hear ya, they are terribly over matched when it comes to the taller receivers.  Been saying this for 2 years now!!  That's why I was hoping Rasi would have worked out.