CB Houston signs 5 yrs with Lions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

CB Houston signs 5 yrs with Lions

Is this the first domino to fall in the CB market? It seems like all theams and CB's were waiting to see what the market would set and this might be the first one that sets up a quick set of CB signing to come today

Lions agreed to terms on a five-year deal with CB Chris Houston.
    Mar 13 - 10:21 AM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: CB Houston signs 5 yrs with Lions

Houston is a nice player but Im hoping we can do better than that. Any word on the terms yet??

I would like the Pats to bring in Louis Delmas from Detroit. He is a young, dynamic player who is hard to gauge playing in Detroit but he has all the tools I like in a safety and I think BB could do wonders with him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I really think some of these guys are way over paid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Well,

If teams are waiting for the first cb to fall to gauge the market, it sucks that Detroit got the first one. They suck when it comes to cap management and probably overpaid him!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Houston is a nice player but Im hoping we can do better than that. Any word on the terms yet??

I would like the Pats to bring in Louis Delmas from Detroit. He is a young, dynamic player who is hard to gauge playing in Detroit but he has all the tools I like in a safety and I think BB could do wonders with him.

Delmas can not stay healthy is the problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Cap-strapped Skins not giving up on CB Talib

Both the Washington Examiner and 106.7 The Fan in D.C. pass along word that the Redskins are still targeting free agent Aqib Talib.

Per The Fan's Grant Paulsen, two agents -- neither of whom rep Talib -- say he is the "cornerback the Redskins want." The Examiner's John Keim has "heard the same from multiple people" in the league. Unfortunately, Washington is currently only $600,000 under the salary cap and would have to slash at least a player or two to fit in Talib. We should know soon whether they can make it happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Both the Washington Examiner and 106.7 The Fan in D.C. pass along word that the Redskins are still targeting free agent Aqib Talib.

Per The Fan's Grant Paulsen, two agents -- neither of whom rep Talib -- say he is the "cornerback the Redskins want." The Examiner's John Keim has "heard the same from multiple people" in the league. Unfortunately, Washington is currently only $600,000 under the salary cap and would have to slash at least a player or two to fit in Talib. We should know soon whether they can make it happen.

Just saw this. If we start seeing the skins dumping players that means they have a contract done with Talib and he's gone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Just saw this. If we start seeing the skins dumping players that means they have a contract done with Talib and he's gone

That makes sense....honestly i'm hoping BB is talking to Asomaugha regardless. He could be the man-corner we really need and he would cost less than Talib (most likely).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Lions retain top CB Houston for 5 years, $25M

Lions agreed to terms on a five-year, $25 million deal with CB Chris Houston.

The first cornerback domino finally falls. Houston was clearly the Lions' top cover man last season, often used to shadow opposing No. 1 receivers. He's miscast in that role, but would be an excellent No. 2 corner if the Lions choose to add a legit shutdown guy via the free agency or the draft. Now that Houston has signed, the markets for Aqib Talib, Sean Smith, Brent Grimes and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie could develop quickly.