Celebrations.. what BUGS you the most??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Celebrations.. what BUGS you the most??

In the string about Brady, and his reaction to the Browns' celebrating their win over the Pats, brings up an interesting discussion point: What type of celebrations bug you the most?  Regardless of the team or player.  Couple for me:

#1 - Celebrating what is basically a routine play, making a tackle, like it was the greatest play on earth!  D Lineman and LBs are always trying to sack the QB and train to do that.. so when they get a sack, they act like they just commited the greatest QB sack in history with the waving of the arms etc.  Amazing... it is basically a routine play!
    #2 - Sideline celebrations in the regular season....  until the playoffs, who cares.  Each game should result in a win if you play good.  Why celebrate it like you won the SB.  You can be happy with a win, but dancing all over the place, Gatorade baths? ( for some teams, beating a team like NE, Indy, Pit is like a SB to them I guess. )

To some this is entertainment, let them have their fun..  but, it is getting worse each year.  You never saw these celebrations in the "old days".. 60 and 70's..  cause if you did, someone on the other team will "celebrate" on you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Celebrations.. what BUGS you the most??

The absolute two worsts for me are:

1) When a player whose team is getting their doors blown off celebrates a routine play. It's like "look at the scoreboard." I remember seeing Brady point to the scoreboard when the Patriots were blowing someone out. I forget who though.

2) When a player with questionable talent makes a routine play. See Jonathan Wilhite. He stayed on his coverage and made a deflection and celebrated like he made some spectacular play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

All of the over the top, watered down, acted up crap does.  A celebration is supposed to be natural and not so orchestrated.

Give me Barry Sanders or Troy Brown handing the ball to the ref any day of the week.

Or, Mike Singletary making a great play and trotting back to the huddle. 

Ray Lewis and that ilk are an embarrassment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just lately I've been getting irritated by the dramatic first-down indication after what is essentially a routine play. I tend to agree with bill. Okay . . .  you got a first down. Wonderful. Act like you've been there before.

As Chris Rock might say:

"Watchoo want, a cookie?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If you don't like the way an opponent is celebrating, don't give them a reason to celebrate.

If I had to pick one though, it has to be celebration over routine plays, tackles, stops, etc.  Why does Hobbs come to mind?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

how about big hits being celebrated even after the ball carrier gets a first down? i remember earlier in the season when meriweather laid a pretty good hit on a receiver but acted like he just won the game. the guy got a first down! stop being selfish and self promoting yourself when the team didn't benefit off of your hit.

another one that really grinds my gears is when a player comes in during garbage time when the game is out of hand and acts like he just made the game winning catch in the super bowl. some of these celebrations are beginning to be an absolute joke. you're getting paid to do it, act like you've done it before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Why don't they do what Jim Brown would do?(WWJBD) Hand the ball to the official.  Sometimes I really miss the old days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Pointing to your name on the back of your jersey.

The Safe signal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I think Maroney was doing it backwards, he would dance first get tackled then walk back to the huddle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

I always enjoyed the way Randy would make the TD catch and then calmly hand the ball to the official as if to say "No big deal, just doing my job".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I remember back in December 08'. Cardinals @ pats- the snowy game

Ellis hobbs deflects a pass intended for larry fitzgerald. Starts doing some stupid celebration where he pretends to comb his hair and then does some gay little dance.  Very Next play, fitzgerald burns him for a 75 yard TD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Wilhite's "look what I did"  really bugged me.  HE'S WILHITE.  He should not draw any attention to himself until his body of work is better.  Even then he shouldn't do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

The only celebrations that I dislike, is when a DB makes a hard hit - knock down after a 1st down or a long play, and celebrates like he just won the SB..... Embarrassing....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

1)  Celebrating a routine play
    2)  Celebrating any play when your team is getting their @sses handed to them

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I hate celebrations without any booze . . . 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

ya i have to agree with alot of others here

the worst is when a team is getting blown, one player makes a play and acts like hes the greatest.

the other is when a db gives up a huge play or a first down and starts dancing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I like them all, when the Pats are doing them. I hate them when my opponents do  them.

Pretty simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: Celebrations.. what BUGS you the most??:
    [QUOTE]The absolute two worsts for me are: 1) When a player whose team is getting their doors blown off celebrates a routine play. 
    See Jonathan Wilhite. He stayed on his coverage and made a deflection and celebrated like he made some spectacular play.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Amen brother ...

On the play in question , Whilhite was actually late getting his head around on a poorly lobbed sideline pass ( what else is new ? ) He was forced to flair his arms up almost in self defence and knocked it away ( from himself ).
     He then goes into his shimmy -shake ,  "look-at -me " pose with his mouth agape like a circus azz clown .
     What he should have done was apologize to his team mates for yet again blowing a chance to make a real play 
    ( a decent db might have picked it off )

I can't  remember disliking a NE player even half as much as this punk .

His antics reflect poorly on the organization and it makes me wish we still had a Brusci or Vrabel or Harrison to take him aside and pt him in his place .

I know your not suppose to wish injury on a player ~ but how 'bout hopin' this  piece of dung contracts a bad case of hemmoroids ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I hate it when Colts players shake their heads up and down after the ref's just gave them an 'Automatic First Down"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I myself hate it when a Patriot does a dance or ANY celebrating. Go to the sidelines and butt heads and chest bump but, until you get to the SB and are up by 21 points with 2 minutes left, wait until that time. 

Maybe that sounds unrealistic but, when I see teams like the Chargers (notorious for this) celebrating a TD and acting all cocky when they are down 14 points, I consider this the antithesis of Patriots Football. So, hence, when I see the Patriots doing it, I cringe. Save it up for the Big Dance and then you can do it all you want. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

When the guy is celebrating before crossing the end-zone...but love it when he gets the ball knocked while celebrating before a TD...

Randy being Randy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I hate when player get super excited and do the stupid arm point for a first down. We all understand football and the game revolves around getting 1st downs, its like cheering a single in baseball.

The one that bugs me the most is when a player on defense puts down, what seems to be a big hit, but the guy on offense jumps right up. Yet the defensive guy has to get in his face an celebrate as if he actually did something important.

Most football players a full of themselves and their celebrations are annoying. There is a difference between pumping up your teammate and just doing a dumb dance move to get attention.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Not sure player/team, but few weeks back WR (rookie) in his first catch of his career starting doing a dance when he caught the ball, but nobody touched him, so it was a fumble...loved it...dolt...he wont forget that first catch...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Even worse than celebrating a routine play is celebrating a below routine play, for example a defensive player makes a huge hit on a 3rd down play that ends up still going for a first down.

Okay great hit, buddy, but you didn't even get the offense off the field...