Certain Big Owners Not Spending??? This offseason why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

Certain Big Owners Not Spending??? This offseason why?

The Redskins, The Cowboys, Our Patriots, 3 Teams usually aggressive in Free Agency have completely stayed away from signing ANY Free Agents...makes me wonder what Snyder Jones and Kraft know...why else would these teams not sign anyone between them...makes little sense!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Certain Big Owners Not Spending??? This offseason why?

I think the Redskins are already over extended not to mention they got burned worse than any team in history by Haynesworth last year. Maybe some of these teams have learned their lesson about throwing cash around like that. I can't wait to see what Chicago gets for the money they just spent on Peppers. Another thing is that Most of these guys think that this years draft is a gold mine.They May be saving their resources for rookies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Makes a great deal of sense. First- The Pat's HAVE spent- witness the 80+ million dished out this past week, weren't our players FA's as well? We signed 5 FA's this past week. If the Pat's haven't signed any other team's FA's it's because it's a VERY weak class. Seriously, beyond perhaps K.Dansbury and trading for Boldin, who elose is out there? An arguemnt could be made that Dansbury was a reach, just like Peppers is. Why would you want the Pat's to overpay? That's just less money to be used in a reasonable manner. Cromartie? Scared to tackle, his last good season was TWO years ago, should we have overpaid for him as well?
    The reason some owners aren't spending is twofold. Lack of talented FA's and uncapped year, meaning there is no salary ceiling but also no salary floor.
    Wait, the price will come down on many players and the Pat's will make out because they didn't panic like the Jets, Miami or Chicago.
    Also, we have a few holes not MANY like some think. Our defense on Points allowed last year was either 4th or 5th best, pretty darn good for such a young defense. With the additions in the draft and perhaps trades later on, watch our defense blossom!
    Stick to your guns BB, don't panic and Go Pat's!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't say the Pats didn't spend. $40 mil on Wilfork, $13-$18 mil on TBC, and $22.5 mil on Bodden. They spent a good chuck on their own players and I have a feeling they aren't done. Hopefully they learned by Wilfork that waiting could cost them even more so maybe they will lock up Mankins, Ghost, and get Brady into an extension. That's a lot to spend in any offseason. The only difference is that there is no cap this year but the Pats are trying to keep a soft cap. It looks like they have a notion on where the future cap is going to be placed and are trying to prevent overloading themselves. 

The Cowboys have a couple of large contracts themselves and appears to be doing the same as the Pats.

The Redskins have spent way to much in recent years and even in an uncapped year they can't afford to spend big. 

It seems that the Bears are the only team that has spent huge this offseason and they don't have a 1st or 2nd so they kind of have to. Looking around the league most teams are keeping a soft cap and this might be do to the owners already spending a huge portion of the gross profit on the players. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

They signed the best free agent nose tackle, the best free agent cornerback, a 10 sack olb, and one of the best 3rd down running backs in the league, and brought back a wide receiver that knows our system. Certainly active in the free agent market, and sitting pretty in the draft with 4 picks in the first 53 selections. I dont think the Pats have slipped one bit. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

You can't overlook the free agent crop itself, or the lack thereof.

Successful off-seasons this year are going to be defined by boring, bland signings that do little for fans in March/April but will pay great dividends next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Because this was/is a weak F/A class. I could and would have liked to see them grab either Jones or Taylor and even Robinson. Theres nothing wrong with having to two top ten corners in your secondary. After that there was too much money spent on Peppers and Dansby. Dansby's versatile , but does not rush the passer. Hes a very good player , but not a great one , and hes not even a top 5 ILB , hed be lucky to be in the top ten. And again , Im sorry , but westga they tagged Wilfork he wasnt going anywhere , neither was Faulk. Bodden was big , but take it easy about TBC. He had almost all his sacks in 4 games. The moves we should and will make have made were/are through trade and the draft. Boldin or Marshall would have fit in great here. Both could have played in X position that we have been lacking in for 3-4 years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

Whats out there to spend on?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

So, basically we signed 5 FA's. Nothing much left out there with the exception of a few talented aging veterans who should come at a reasonable price due to being on the wrong side of 30. So, now, the question becomes, if not free agency then where and how do we fill our holes? Do we keep ALL our young draftees and think that we'll be THE elite team in 4-6 years and beyond due to our relative youth? Or you we use those chips to trade for aging vets who will help us win a SB or two in the next 2-4 years? Now, this is going to take some thinking after the offseason unravels because we can only react to the team news and only the team really knows what's available out there at draft time  for trade or for drafting. Now, if BB is willing to let me listen in on his phone calls........
    Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

3 reasons,

1) Because of non cap year rules, less free agents avail, 4-5 year players are still locked up.

2) There will be the biggest batch of free agents ever next year ( see above ). Why lock up your money and second rate guys this year.

3) There will be a large number of guys cut post draft and in camp. Save your money and grab the best avail to fill out your roster after the draft, might be some good talent coming off teams books, again thank the non cap year for this, teams are free to cut payroll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

With regards to signing Free Agents...I was not referring to our own players ... Those players should have been signed some time ago ... this would have allowed our Pats to do their just deligence and bring in a T Jones for a visit, a D Mason for a visit instead of scrambling to sign our own guys when the league is busy with Free Agents