Champ Bailey to NE next season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsDK. Show PatsDK's posts

Champ Bailey to NE next season

Champ Bailey is a free agent next year, and if the Broncos doesn't resign him, would you want the Patriots to sign him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

Re: Champ Bailey to NE next season

Not necessary especially if Bodden can return to '09 form when he comes back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

Elite corner? Wow. McCourty, now that's an elite corner. Bailey doesn't have the legs anymore to be the elite corner he once was. Nor does he have the legs and ability to play BB's zone D.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bailey to NE next season:
    [QUOTE]Six years ago, maybe. Now, please no.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

6 years ago it's a resounding YES, not a maybe. You crazy son?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[QUOTE]not BB style, why would he bother with an aging player when he can draft a stud, plus we already have 2 legit CB
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]
    Of coarse it's his style!
    Look at the roster over the years, it's absolutely his style and it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if (under the right conditions (contract)) he made a play for him.  Let McCourty play next to, and Arrington and Butler learn under a perennial all pro (crumpler).  Plus, by getting him we keep another AFC team from getting him, be they the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Chargers, Browns or any other Legit teams I can't think of right now.

And you never know if Bodden will actually come back or not.  And if he does, that would be just a bonus.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

We just signed Leigh to a big contract and hes a pretty good corner.

McCourty/Leigh/Butler/Arrington are more than likely the corners next season.

Wilhite is gone and this guy is nothing but a below average corner and thats being nice. He cant cover or tackle

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He's on Special Teams so he can clearly tackle.  He can cover well in man, too. It's the zone coverage or playing on the outside last year where he struggled.

This is 2010, not 2009.

BB likes system veterans in his defensive backfield.  Wilhite now knows what to do.

Do not underestimate this concept.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[QUOTE]He's on Special Teams so he can clearly tackle.  He can cover well in man, too. It's the zone coverage or playing on the outside last year where he struggled. This is 2010, not 2009. BB likes system veterans in his defensive backfield.  Wilhite now knows what to do. Do not underestimate this concept.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

^^What concept?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Please no Bailey. I think next year the Bodden/McCourty tandom will be one of the better CB duo's in the NFL. All the defense needs to focus on is getting a pass rush going. Once we have a good pass rush you'll even see better play from our secondary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Champ will want good money for what could be his last contract. The more I think about the less likely this will happen and Belichick will go low-risk/high reward route.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Champ Bailey to NE next season : ^^What concept?
    Posted by norichcrybabies[/QUOTE]

Umm, experienced, system based players that know the system maybe?

I don't want more Duane Starks, Shawn Springs, etc, types who aren't able to play zone well or who are older.

I don't think it's a coincidence that BB's best Ds also have players with strong system knowledge. 

This is his youngest D, but he's put a lot of time into the Safety and CB positions now, with varied success.

Wilhite is a cheap nickel player who finally got it.

Can never have enough of those players in camp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Nope....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I love all the love for Bodden but he ain't playing and he's losing a year.  The guys on the field now are very good, McCourty and Arrington.  How come so many don't see this?  I think Bodden is going to have to fight hard to be a starter next season.  The other guys in the nickel and dime are doing just fine.  The more they learn, the better it gets.  It's Bill Belichick, go back and look at the Giants secondaries in the 80's and see who the DBs were and how it was done.  Myron Guyton, Greg Jackson, Perry Williams and others.  Any household names there?  It is the same here.  You don't have to be great, you have to learn your role and do your job.  That's why Ty Law and Asante Samuel are no longer here, they got to far ahead of themselves.  For them, they themselves became the focus, rather than the role they were supposed to play. Its a team game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

For a year or two at short money,absoluely!But I doubt he is looking for either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

[QUOTE]I love all the love for Bodden but he ain't playing and he's losing a year.  The guys on the field now are very good, McCourty and Arrington.  How come so many don't see this?  I think Bodden is going to have to fight hard to be a starter next season.  The other guys in the nickel and dime are doing just fine.  The more they learn, the better it gets.  It's Bill Belichick, go back and look at the Giants secondaries in the 80's and see who the DBs were and how it was done.  Myron Guyton, Greg Jackson, Perry Williams and others.  Any household names there?  It is the same here.  You don't have to be great, you have to learn your role and do your job.  That's why Ty Law and Asante Samuel are no longer here, they got to far ahead of themselves.  For them, they themselves became the focus, rather than the role they were supposed to play. Its a team game.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

lol ill take bodden and DMC starting over DMC and arrington.  Ill give arringinton the respect her deserves but bodden is def a way higher level than arrington sorry.  Losing a year or not.

and lol again.  Ty law was let go he was too old and they werent gonna pay an old guy.  And asante samuel was a dumb move to let go.  He wanted to get his first pay day.  He earned it.  Pats should have paid him. 

How do you say they werent about the team when they won how many superbowls with the team? lol come on now..  it was all about money and nothing to do with how they played on the field with the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[QUOTE]I love all the love for Bodden but he ain't playing and he's losing a year.  The guys on the field now are very good, McCourty and Arrington.  How come so many don't see this?  I think Bodden is going to have to fight hard to be a starter next season.  The other guys in the nickel and dime are doing just fine.  The more they learn, the better it gets.  It's Bill Belichick, go back and look at the Giants secondaries in the 80's and see who the DBs were and how it was done.  Myron Guyton, Greg Jackson, Perry Williams and others.  Any household names there?  It is the same here.  You don't have to be great, you have to learn your role and do your job.  That's why Ty Law and Asante Samuel are no longer here, they got to far ahead of themselves.  For them, they themselves became the focus, rather than the role they were supposed to play. Its a team game.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

yeah, he also had...  ahhh... geez, what's that guys name....  It was only two letter's, too.  Crap...  Set all kinds of sack records...  man.  oh yeah.

Lawrence Taylor

Makes up for a lot of stuff behind you...  But I'd be glad to swap Arrington for LT if you can find a flux capacitor and a Delorian...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Bodden walks into camp next year and pushes Arrington aside. This is a silly discussion.

Champ Bailey is not 25 anymore, so scrap that one.

Leigh Bodden is criminally underrated, apparently, even by Pats fans.

I can only imagine what Bodden would do here, especially after next year's draft and FA period when the pass rush gets more dominant.

Oh my.

NE will feature arguably the best CB duo in the NFL, not just the AFC.  People won't be babbling forcibly about Revis and Cromartie.

NE will feature it's two best CBs since Lippett/Clayborn or more recently Law/Samuel (this didn't even really happen), or more so Law/Poole in 2003.

Arrington has done a great job ascending into the role, but talent wise, he's not Leigh Bodden.

Bodden also matches up better in man coverage, is more physical and has more size, obviously.

It's a shame he got hurt, because outside of the Cleveland game, I am not convinced NE loses that game in NY with Bodden on the field.

When you rank 14th overall in CB metrics during a rebuilding year on a very young D with all kinds of injuries, I'd say you are elite, especially considering it was his first year in the system in 2009.

Chad Johnson called him his toughest challenge for a reason.

With Wheately being released, Butler's role in question, Wilhite now on IR, I don't know why you wouldn't want Bodden back here.

Bodden is not a natural nickel, but Arrington is, on size and range alone.

Arrington is actually ideal to be playing nickel as is Wilhite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from changes1677. Show changes1677's posts

[QUOTE]Bodden walks into camp next year and pushes Arrington aside. This is a silly discussion. Champ Bailey is not 25 anymore, so scrap that one. Leigh Bodden is criminally underrated, apparently, even by Pats fans. I can only imagine what Bodden would do here, especially after next year's draft and FA period when the pass rush gets more dominant. Oh my. NE will feature arguably the best CB duo in the NFL, not just the AFC.  People won't be babbling forcibly about Revis and Cromartie. NE will feature it's two best CBs since Lippett/Clayborn or more recently Law/Samuel (this didn't even really happen), or more so Law/Poole in 2003. Arrington has done a great job ascending into the role, but talent wise, he's not Leigh Bodden. Bodden also matches up better in man coverage, is more physical and has more size, obviously. It's a shame he got hurt, because outside of the Cleveland game, I am not convinced NE loses that game in NY with Bodden on the field. When you rank 14th overall in CB metrics during a rebuilding year on a very young D with all kinds of injuries, I'd say you are elite, especially considering it was his first year in the system in 2009. Chad Johnson called him his toughest challenge for a reason. With Wheately being released, Butler's role in question, Wilhite now on IR, I don't know why you wouldn't want Bodden back here. Bodden is not a natural nickel, but Arrington is, on size and range alone. Arrington is actually ideal to be playing nickel as is Wilhite.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

very well said... we needed that.  and he wouldnt want bodden back because hes an idiot =)