Champ Bailey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat7. Show ctpat7's posts

Champ Bailey?

He is a free agent and looks to be on his way out of denver. The idea of converting him to safety with the ability to still play corner may be what this young and improving D needs to put them over the top. The idea of having McCourtey, Bodden, Chung and Bailey in the defensive backfield is exciting. Plus, it would allow us to trade merriweather and aquire future draft picks while still having plenty of depth (butler, arrington, sanders, etc.)

On the downside, he is older and will cost fairly big money. However, he is a leader, still is playing at a high level and seems to be a patriot type player with his attitude. May be the perfect thing to go along with the youth movement.

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Champ Bailey?

I would rather add an aging Dawkins when he is released to give us attitude in the secondary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

It could happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

I believe having an ed reed type ball hawk would give this team swagger and allow chung to be more of the enforcer. Bailey is still an elite player and it is reasonable you can still get 2-3 more good years out of him (especially switching to safety). I think this defense just needs a few more things to become elite.

This would also allow the team to focus their draft picks on the dl, olb and o-line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'll go with Leigh Bodden.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

um...Is that the same player cause the Pats their first playoff lost in 04-05 season? I remembered that he caught Brady's ball at the end of the red zone and ran for a TD at the disivisional playoffs.

I think it is a good idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Same player- those turn of fortune type plays are killers. Sadly, real similar to the jets pick in the red zone yesterday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

This isn't a bad idea.  This guy can still definitaly play.  He would also provide tremendous leadership and confidence.  I doubt we would pay him enough to come here, but if it did somehow happen, I would be all for it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bailey?:
    [QUOTE]um...Is that the same player cause the Pats their first playoff lost in 04-05 season? I remembered that he caught Brady's ball at the end of the red zone and ran for a TD at the disivisional playoffs. I think it is a good idea.
    Posted by Cloudyandrain[/QUOTE]
    That was the 05 season(Jan 06) Didn't he score but then they said he was pushed out of bounds after he fumbled?? It didn't matter because they scored anyway but Ben Watson came all the way down field 95 yards to push him out. Great hustle by Ben.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bailey?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Champ Bailey? : That was the 05 season(Jan 06) Didn't he score but then they said he was pushed out of bounds after he fumbled?? It didn't matter because they scored anyway but Ben Watson came all the way down field 95 yards to push him out. Great hustle by Ben.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Ooops. Yes, it was the 05-06 season. Yes, you are right. he didn't made it to the red zone because of a great play of Ben Waston.

Thank you for correcting me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

Champ has waaaaaaay too much class to ever play for the Patriots.  He will re-sign with the Broncos this year or they will franchise him.  He isn't going anywhere losers, especially not to the classless New England Patriots that are too cheap to pay him anything.