CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS:

IMHO I just don't don't see the crows defense figuring out how to stop all of the weapons in TB's arsenal. pre-determined hurry up offense will be just too much for em to handle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS::
    [QUOTE]IMHO I just don't don't see the crows defense figuring out how to stop all of the weapons in TB's arsenal. pre-determined hurry up offense will be just too much for em to handle.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]
    That is the "pick your poison" dilemna the Ravens have in this game.  Up until the appearance of the TE Boys...  you could shut down Welker and the rest of the receiver corps was almost a crap shoot.  Now, the Pats have three receivers who get open a lot and a WR in Brown who also can get open, not counting Ocho.  It will be interesting to see the Ravens' D scheme Sunday.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Not the same Ravens D this year. Can't see them keeping the Pats under 30. Can't see Ravens scoring more than 21.

35-21 Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

pats 28 -ravens 21
    SF35 - giants 24

Pats 38 - SF31

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree Russ.

That playoff game 2-3 years ago + the regular season OT win in 2010 is something I wouldn't use to do a comparison against. Even if you take 2010, it was very early in the year. It was Gronk and Hern's first year. They now each have mcuh more time under their belt, and they are firing on all cylinders. We have a different and deeper Oline, and better complimentary pieces.

I also think we have a better Defense overall.

I can see the Buzzards covering, but not winning. I wouldn't pick the Buzzards straight up against the Pats..not this year, not at home, and not with teh look TB has in his eyes. The Ravens are ready for a Rex Ryan/Jets style implosion. up 2 scores should light the fire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats 31 - 20
    49ers 24-17

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS: : tex re: "    In the NFC, nobody really expected a Giants @ 49ers match. Everyone expected, and looked forward to, a clash of two of the three prolific offensives in the game, the Packers and Saints. But...each of these teams lost to a team with a better defense.   " i did pick 49ers and giants. this week i got pats and 9ers i pick, and root with my heart. :)
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Tex
    Yeah, there were a few of us who 'straight up' picked SF, Pats, Giants and Hou. Anyway, I see Pats and Giants straight-up.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS: : Exactly correct. And the fact BB gave Balt a wrinkle to look at from Saturday night, it makes it even worse. Now, you can line up with Hernandez at RB for example, Edelman wide, etc, and just run brand new plays they never saw before off of that. Just an example. If I am Balt, I am not even looking at the Pats/Broncos film. It's just going to confuse you.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Could there be even more to come? Nink or Arrington lined up at tight end (ala Vrabel) or even more bizarre, Spikes lined up at RB (ala Seymour) on goal line situations? I don't take my own speculations seriously but the point is BB is continously inventive at offensive and defensive formations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Pats 31-21 but I don't think it will be that close of a game, I bet at some point NE is up 3 TD's.  The Baltimore D is not what it once was and doesn't do the one thing you must against NE, which is pressure Brady, particularly well.  Combine that with the play of NE Oline and the recipe just isn't there for the Ravens on D.  I still believe the Pats D is vulnerable but Flacco and Company are not the group to exploit it. 

NYG 23-13.  My only hang up on this pick is that the forecast is for rain, which would seem to favor SF but I think people are underestimating what the NY D has done the last 2 weeks.  They shut out ATL and GB scored 2 TD's on drives that were extended by horrible calls.  So the Giants have just dominated 2 offenses better than the 49ers.  SF scored early against NO because of TO's and field position, then the 9ers did nothing for 2 1/2 quarters before the frantic finish.  I see the Giants D holding the 49ers in check and Eli and Company to play smart and make enough plays to win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this separately entitled Patriots vs. 49ers...could be called Match Between the Bay Areas...

Having spent the first 21 years in Maine and the past 45 in the San Francisco Bay area, as roots run deep, I’m a Boston teams fan but also a local teams fan too---had some great excitement in the Joe Montana & Steve Young eras.   When Celtics would play Lakers, in sports bars the Northern Cal fans would root for Boston as we have a rivalry with LA teams as Boston does with LA and New York. 

I’m hoping for a Patriot---49er Super Bowl albeit I’ll be in a bit of a quandary as basically I can’t lose.  Have always loved Brady whose roots are in Santa Clara where 49ers practice. He's as close a QB to Joe Montana I’ve even seen. But if Giants, God forbid win, I’ll be very happy to see the Patriots get revenge vs. NY as the Giants some 2 touchdown underdogs ruined the Patriots’ undefeated season with a 17-14 win in Super Bowl in 2008 scoring with 30 seconds left !!!  Nowhere am I mentioning the Ravens beating New England and I would not like a rematch(Ravens won the Har-Bowl on Thanksgiving ) between the Harbaugh brothers , John for Baltimore & Jim for SF, not only the first set of brothers serving as coaches in NFL history but the record to last a long time as the first to meet each other in a Super Bowl.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I only missed on the GB game last week.  Here are my predictions:

Pats 34-20
    SF: 23-20

Pats: 31-17  (against the 49ers)
    or
    Pats: 31-20 (against the Giants).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

patriots 45 ravens 3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Pats 31-23

Giants 24-13

Pats 17 Giants 14

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I was 4 from 4 last week ! 

I say PATS VS 49`s = SUPERBOWL

PAts 27 Ravens 20

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Not the same Ravens D this year. Can't see them keeping the Pats under 30. Can't see Ravens scoring more than 21. 35-21 Pats.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]
    Tell that to the Ravens' fans...  they FULLY believe their D is gonna shut down Brady just like they shut down Rivers in San Diego.  Oh, wait, the Ravens didn't shut down Rivers..  oh crap...  this is Brady!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If I read another post about how it makes no sense that TPat is repping X team and then picking them to "lose" I think my head is going to explode.  Apparently the phrase "my picks against the spread" isn't clear enough.  Not that it's a pet peeve of mine or anything like that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]You picked the Ravens?
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

He picked the Ravens as far as the spread. He thinks Pats win with less than a 7.5 point lead. I was confused at first then realized where he was coming from. I dont care about spreads just win baby! (Sorry Al i borrowed that)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Pats 31-21 but I don't think it will be that close of a game, I bet at some point NE is up 3 TD's.  The Baltimore D is not what it once was and doesn't do the one thing you must against NE, which is pressure Brady, particularly well.  Combine that with the play of NE Oline and the recipe just isn't there for the Ravens on D.  I still believe the Pats D is vulnerable but Flacco and Company are not the group to exploit it.  NYG 23-13.  My only hang up on this pick is that the forecast is for rain, which would seem to favor SF but I think people are underestimating what the NY D has done the last 2 weeks.  They shut out ATL and GB scored 2 TD's on drives that were extended by horrible calls.  So the Giants have just dominated 2 offenses better than the 49ers.  SF scored early against NO because of TO's and field position, then the 9ers did nothing for 2 1/2 quarters before the frantic finish.  I see the Giants D holding the 49ers in check and Eli and Company to play smart and make enough plays to win.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

The Pats getting the jump on the Buzzards will be key. If they fall behind, they'll be in trouble against that Baltimore defense. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS: : He picked the Ravens as far as the spread. He thinks Pats win with less than a 7.5 point lead. I was confused at first then realized where he was coming from. I dont care about spreads just win baby! (Sorry Al i borrowed that)
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]
    TP is a "spread" sort of a guy!  Last week he did pick the Pats to cover the spread, he is less than enthusiastic the team can against the "buzzards"!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PREDICTIONS::
    [QUOTE]     In the NFC, nobody really expected a Giants @ 49ers match. Everyone expected, and looked forward to, a clash of two of the three prolific offensives in the game, the Packers and Saints. But...each of these teams lost to a team with a better defense.       This brings us to the AFC, where the sole remaining NFL offensive "superpower", the New England Patriots, prepares to host the best defensive team in the AFC, the Baltimore Ravens. Will the theme that the team with the better defense will prevail?       Here's a look at the championship games in each conference, and my picks against the spread: 1.) (11-7) NY Giants (+2.5) @ (14-3) SF 49ers: The 49ers upset the Saints because they forced five (5) turnovers. I don't care how good an offense a team has...when a team spots the other team 17 points due to turnovers, that team turning it over is going to lose. The key to this game is whether the 49ers' front seven can get consistent pressure on Giants' QB, Eli Manning. If they can, turnovers will follow. If not, look for Eli to pick the 49ers' secondary apart, much like he did to the Green Bay secondary.      The similarities between this postseason and the 2007 postseason for the Giants are eerie. They are playing their best football at the right time, again. Their defense is suddenly healthy, and getting pressure on the opposing QB, again. But...there's a difference. QB Eli Manning looks like the NFC's answer to Tom Brady, over the past four weeks. He is carrying the Giants' offense. Based on what I've seen, the Giants are the most balanced team of the four remaining squads. They won't turn the ball over, like the Saints did: PICK: Giants; 2.) (13-4) Baltimore Ravens (+7.5) @ (14-3) New England Patriots: The defensive minded Ravens seem to match up very well against the Patriots. Two years ago, they embarrassed the Good Guys, 33-14, in Foxboro. Most of the key players that played for them in that game remain...ILB Ray Lewis, OLB Terrell Suggs, DT/DE Haloti Ngata, FS Ed Reed, CB Lardarius Webb, RB Ray Rice, QB Joe Flacco, and a solid OL, led by C Matt Birk, and OGs, Ben Grubbs and Marshall Yanda. If you go back and review the Ravens' games, you'll see that whenever they get off to a fast start, and take the lead, the game is over. That's exactly what happened in 2009, when the Ravens put up 24 of their 33 points in the first quarter. Their meal ticket on offense is RB Rice, who averaged 4.7 yards per carry this year, and rushed for over 1300 yards. Pay close attention to the first quarter, If Rice gats running room, and the Ravens score early, it likely will be a long afternoon for Tom Brady's Boys.       The Patriots have generally won by bludgeoning the opposition with their TE dominated offensive attack. But, it's been hard for Patriots' fans to go all in on this team, due to the exploits, or, more accurately, the lack thereof, of their 31st ranked defensive unit. Last week, in their 45-10 demolition of the Denver Broncos, the Patriots' defensive unit turned in by far their best performance of the season. Whether they can continue last weeks' great play is the question haunting Patriots' Nation. Most football fans have been weaned on the theory that offense sells tickets, but defense wins games. With the exception of the Denver game, the Patriots' offense has had to perform both functions.       What must the Patriots do to win?:   1.) Protect Tom Brady from the likes of Terrell Suggs; 2.) Get off to a fast start, and make the Ravens play from behind; 3.) Contain RB Ray Rice at all costs. Vince Wilfolk must dominate; 4.) No turnovers.       What must the Ravens do to win? Pretty much just the opposite:   1.) Pressure Tom Brady, and force him off his "spot" in the pocket; 2.) Get off to a fast start; 3.) Contain the Patriots' TEs by replacing an ILB with another safety; 4.) Be physical with the Pats' receivers, and establish the run.      The fact that the Patriots are favored by 7.5 points is absurd: PICK: Ravens.      Who will win? I like the Giants in the NFC. In the AFC, the team that gets off to the best start will win. If pressed to pick, I'm a believer that defense wins games. I'm also concerned about the Pats' ability to stop the run. But, I can't go against my boys.      Make no mistake about it...this game is a referendum on whether these Patriots have the desire, the pride, and the toughness necessary to be a champion. Regardless of what they're saying publicly, they know that they owe the Ravens one. No excuses. It may not be pretty, but somehow, some way, they'll get it done. See you in Indy.        As always, your comments and opinions are welcome.                      
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Good insight, but you've neglected a hugely important fact: The Ravens also need to play a near perfect game just to keep the score within those 7.5 points.

So if you were to sit down and create a list of what the Ravens must do, it would begin with their quarterback.  And frankly, they barely have one.

So 7.5 is not only realistic, I think it's actually pretty generous.  Pats will win this game by 10-13. Ravens have a much bigger hill to climb to play that perfect game than do the Patriots. And right now, Brady is one angry dude.  Terrell Suggs has been backpedaling from his Brady comments for a long time now, and has even stated publicly that he's one of the three greatest ever to play that spot.

This isn't going to be the 2009 playoff game. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I think the Pats game plan/make enough adjustments during the game to pull away.  I see them using a hurry-up offense, I see them committing to the run, and if they can prevent turnovers on offense, I see the Ravens older defense running on fumes by the 4th quarter - and while they keep our TE's "in the box" initially, as the game wears on, our running game, some good gaining screens, and our TE's bust right out of that box.  I see Ghost hitting 3 FG's.  I see our defense containing Rice (and by contain - he may gain 100, but not 175-200) and getting a turnover or two.  I see our special teams making a big play.  I see us taking advantage of field position to get a slim half-time lead, then a lot of back-and-forth smash mouth football (I think the Ravens will under estimate our ability AND willingness to play tough in the trenches) and by the 4th quarter TB having a perverbial field day.  End of the day, I'll go with a 32 - 24 Pats victory with us owning TOP in the 4th.

I'd love to pick the Giants, but they've got a bunch of guys in their first playoff rodeo.  They're well coached but young, inexperienced.  The Giants have been there, done that, and got the SB ring to prove it.  I think Eli makes just enough plays and Smith makes just enough mistakes for the Gints to pull off another road win:  24-20.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In all honesty I think if you are looking at a team and thinking ahead of the curve I think the ravens defense is old and is going to show it this sunday . I think the pats offense is going to put up a lot of points on the ravens and joe flacco sucks.