chances Jets upset Indy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

chances Jets upset Indy

nyj has top defence while indy heyton and consistant offence

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: chances Jets upset Indy

Looks like my 4 year old cousin is posting again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayCampbell1587. Show JayCampbell1587's posts

I think they have a better chance then any team in the playoffs right now. They will go in to it as the underdogs and have plenty to prove after Peyton and co. were pulled during a close game. After watching them tonight their defense has impressed me more then any other team this season. If they can establish a running game early, give sanchez 20 pass attempts, the defense will do the rest. How about the pats have to play San Diego if they win tomorrow. San Diego is in a great position. They are a dangerous team in the playoffs and now have that one week rest. Go Patriots!!!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Seriously guys.. this is such a tough situation for me..

I actually wagered my days tips today (I bartend at a local restaurant) on the Jets, and hoped with all my heart I would lose.. I HATE the Jets.. but thought they were going to win, so I thought, if I'm going to miserable, let me win some $$.

Everytime the Jets scored the entire bar (all JET fans) were estatic.. Me, miserable. I didn't care if I lost.. It was no lose situation, as far as I was concerned.. they lose, and I'm happy, they win and I have some cash... Twisted thinking right??
    I hate Indy too.. but not as much as the Jets..

I hope the Jets are playing Indy... that means we win tomorrow.. but no matter where they play next week.. they have to lose. Hopefully its at Indy..

I know one Indy fan... and WAY too many Jet fans.. they are obnoxious.. and I seriously can't stand the thought of having to deal with them if they do win again.

This is my nightmare.. !!

Oh well, I made some money today... willing to lose it all again next week... by taking the Jets again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This is a really good scenario for the Pats.  If we get past the Ravens (I must say "if" to avoid bad ju ju), the Chargers game is going to be a tough game.  They are hot right now and beating them will be a draining experience full of bruises if we succeed.

Playing a real good defense will at least ensure that the Colts do not go into the AFC Championship game without their own share of fatigue and bruises.  Of course, in a perfect world, the Colts aren't even in the AFCC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeopielowski. Show mikeopielowski's posts

I would say the chances of the Jets beating the Colts is remote at best. The last time they played, I felt the Colts were easily dominating, and would have won easy had Manning etc.. not been pulled. The Jets would have to score 30+ to be in the game.  Personally, I think the Colts are going to blow the Jets out. Not even close. That said, it would be nice to see the AFCCG at home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think the Jests have a better than average shot at beating the Colts. We've all seen before how Manning and his WRs are out of synch after a rest. Revis, IMO, is the best corner in the NFL (wish BB could have snagged him in the draft). If he can shut down Reggie Wayne and they can pressure Manning he'll make mistakes. Rex had the perfect plan for Sanchez. Limit his throwing to high percentage passes and run the hell out of the ball. Indy's undersized D-line will tire out late and Jones should have a good day. This would set up an AFCCG in Foxboro should NE beat both the Ravens and Chargers. I'm a bit worried about our defense going into SD, but BB has one secret weapon...NORV! I don't know who I hate more, Colts or Jests. Probably the Jests, as they have been "rivals" longer. But I like the Patriots' chances of beating them at the Razor better than going into Indy and having to play 11 on 18! But I suppose I'm jumping the gun here. They still have to play the Ravens today. They'll have to stop Rice and McGahee and make Flacco air it out. But other than the Chargers, I think the Jests have the best shot of shutting down the Colts this postseason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I never knew Cincy was that bad. The Jets Passing attack is mainly made up of quick slants. The Bengals coaching staff is numb and never adjusted to it. The Indy/Jets game in week 16 may have been close but Indy was in control and the Jets could not move the ball against them. It's a tough game to watch because I would like to see both teams lose but I can't imagine the Jets winning this one. The Bengals Vanilla Offense actually moved the ball in spurts and broke some big plays. Indy should win by double digits. The Jets may shut Wayne down(Maybe) but the 2nd and 3rd options are pretty good. Final score Indy 27 - Jets 13.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Jets are playing well and do have a chance against Indy.  I hate to admit this but the Jets seem to be ready to take advantage of any weakness the other team has.  Cincy was ripe and poor play by all of their receivers really killed them.   

The question is, does Indy have any real weaknesses?  I'd have to say no, except for the fact that won't have won a game in over a month.  That may be all they need if they can get a lead in the first half.  Make the Colts start to think that they have nothing to show for 14-0 and 24 straight regular season wins and things might come apart for the Colts.   If the Colts get up by 10+ points, it's over.  The only way the Jets can score points to is keep Sanchez under wraps, the way the Steelers do with Rothlisburgher.  Playing from behind for them is the same as death.

One last thing to remember:  Same old Jets!  I still have my unused tickets to the 2004 AFC championship because Rothlisburgher gave the second round game to the Jets not once but twice in the last 10 minutes and the Jets still lost in OT.  Had they had a coach or a kicker I would have seen another CHampionship game at home.   It's hard to overcome history like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

If the Pats win today, I think the Jets have a very good shot at beating Indy.

1. Inertia. An Indy at motion stays in motion. An Indy at rest stays at rest.

2. Confidence. End of year, they were beating beatable teams and didn't look good doing it. It seemed like they knew it. Ryan gives the team a vote of no confidence. They get lucky with a few lay downs and come into the playoffs with a chip on their shoulder. They easily beat Cincy in a game where Cincy actually needed to show up and win. The only thing they really might need to do coaching wise is keep Sanchez' at an even keel. He was pretty excited about the win yesterday and that could lead to over-confidence. They limited his passes, but he completed 80% of them. They keep him leashed as they have been and they help themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

will be a fun game to watch. I don't care who loses the game cuz it's a win-win situation...either way...a Patriots Rival will lose :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Talk to me about this after the Pats beat the Ravens...not before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Colts starting rookies and lack of depth will be exposed in the playoffs, IMHO, Jets have a real chance to dominate Indy unless Sanchize gives up the game.  Indy has no running game, no Bob Sanders, no depth, 2 rookie CB's, and Revis will take Wayne out of the game.  Jets are the kind of balanced, physical team that beats the Colts year after year in the playoffs (see Pittsburg, San Diego, early Patriots teams).

Plus, the Jets have momentum on their side, thanks in whole to the Colts rolling over like dogs against the Jets three weeks ago. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Considering all the last minute, lucky and close wins the Colts have, I consider them a major fraud and the stats support the Jest being FAVORED (on a nuetral field, at least):

Jets #1 Rush Offense Colts #25 Rush Defense

Colts #2 Pass Offense Jets #1 Pass Defense

Colts #32 Rush Offense Jets #8 Rush Defense

Keep Sanchez from thowing it and the Jest win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It will be the same game plan for Rex. Run the ball at a 2-1 ratio. Not only does Indy's small D-line tire out defending the run, but it keeps Manning on the bench getting nervous. Sanchez did well on his leash, completing the low-risk passes. The Colts O-line is not as good as it was in the past (though still a good unit, and Manning is very quick to release). If Revis can shut down Wayne, and I don't doubt it, they can force Manning to dump it off and blow up those young WRs coming over the middle. I like the Jests in Indy. Now if (God forbid) they have to go to SD, I think they're toast. Rivers has too many weapons, and can scramble and elude the rush much better than Manning. Hopefully Rivers will be BB's problem! If Sanchez "stays on his leash" in Indy, I think they'll pull the upset.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

mjrpatfan - I don't find your logic twisted at all - lol. I have been doing tat for 30 years in games (especially BIG games) in which teams i like are involved. In the old days, if my team lost, I had more money with which to drown my sorrows. These days, my 'loss winnings' go toward trips to the movies or theme park for the grandkids (much more rewarding than drinking ever was!).

TexasPat3 - BINGO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

The Jets D can probably keep them in the game, especially if Revis shuts out Wayne.  But I just cannot see Sanchez leading the Jets over the Colts in Indy.  Should be a good game though. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Jets have a decent shot at upsetting the Colts especially since the Colts have not played in at least 3 weeks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

TexPat is right. Don't get ahead of yourselves. You have to beat the birds for this scenario to happen. Worry about your own game for a change and not about others

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Cincy would have beaten the Jets if Palmer was on target.

The Colts will easly beat the Jets because Manning will hit those throws early and often which will force the Jets to throw the ball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Indy did not finish the season strong, much like the 2007 Pats.  No team that can/does not finish strong should be swaggering.  I believe the Ponies will find this out soon enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Watching the jets secondary play yesterday, against the dolts, it will be a yellow flag fest sad to say

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Guess we don't have to ask this question, it won't be next week anyway... Baltimore going to Indy... I can comfortably say that and it is only the 1st quarter.