Chandler Jones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Chandler Jones

I'm loving how he is developing. He looks like a big hit so far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Chandler Jones

he's really making that second year 'jump' as BB always talks about. he was solid last year until he tweaked the ankle. this year he has been the  D's dominant force in the pass rush. love where he's headed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Not that he didn't make plays, but he was being guarded by a real JAG of a tackle today. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not that he didn't make plays, but he was being guarded by a real JAG of a tackle today. 

[/QUOTE]

that's very true but he has been consistent all year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

He's the best DE we've had in years.....and will only get better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, with what we had the last few years, I'll take a guy who can make a JAG tackle look bad.

I think Jones can be better though. He's improved in his second year for sure, but I think he has the potential to be really good, maybe elite. Just needs to work more on his pass rush moves and gain some extra muscle. I'd like to see him bull rush a guy into the QB rather than going around all the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

he made me a mcdouble when he worked at mcdonalds in endicott

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Chandler Jones is legit and, in my view, has made a big second year leap.  He had an excellent game IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Big Jones fan, but he was awful against the run today. Couldn't set the edge till Nink went out and he rotated to LDE, Carter was the best DE yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Big Jones fan, but he was awful against the run today. Couldn't set the edge till Nink went out and he rotated to LDE, Carter was the best DE yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  I saw him get beat on one or two screen plays, but I didn't see any big problem setting the edge against the run (though Steelers didn't run all that much anyway).  They had him playing OLB in a 3-4 early in the game and dropping into coverage quite a bit.  Different look than what we've generally seen.  I think when they moved him to the left side, they went back to 4-3, though I haven't watched that film yet.  Nice to see the versatility from the guy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Agreed, Stud in the making. Looks like the last couple of drafts have meant that BB the GM is improving as well...........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

NObody is perfect and makes every  f'n play  BTW.    Chandler Jones is a great player and feeling his talent right now.  Borderline dominant.  He just needs to stay within himself and not try to do too much, IMO.   Oh and he needs to slap his co-1st rounder Hightower up side the head and get his azzs going too.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chandler Jones is legit and, in my view, has made a big second year leap.  He had an excellent game IMO.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jones has been great this year and his hand movement has really improved. He's making great strides. You can see it now that teams are starting to dbl up on him on the outside

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  I saw him get beat on one or two screen plays, but I didn't see any big problem setting the edge against the run (though Steelers didn't run all that much anyway).  They had him playing OLB in a 3-4 early in the game and dropping into coverage quite a bit.  Different look than what we've generally seen.  I think when they moved him to the left side, they went back to 4-3, though I haven't watched that film yet.  Nice to see the versatility from the guy. 

[/QUOTE]

Look again, fellas. Pitt ran at him all game and consistently got around the edge. He did well on passing downs, but his edge setting was lacking.