Change of topic... Why the AVATAR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Change of topic... Why the AVATAR?

Mine is my granddaughter getting a baseball signed by the University of Virginia baseball team.I have a photo of her getting a football signed by the UVA football team that I was going to use for football season.Unfortunately,the new format won't let me change it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Place where I proposed to my wife.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Explain oh sage ones, why do you have the avatar you do seen in your posts?

Mine, the pic represents I play golf and that putt was for birdie caught just as it fell into the cup.  Success for a golfer!!

You?

[/QUOTE]

Took this picture about 4-5 years ago or so. Our dog was at the bottom of the steps giving me her typical feisty "you want some of this?" look. Mouth slightly open as if about to say something smart elek, or to tell me "yes my child, I have beckoned, now feed me meat and chicken". The eyes were glowing in the original, but I photoshopped it to make it glow more because I thought it was funny. She died 1/19/10 aged 13 years. This avatar is a tribute, plus it fits my posting style. Anything posted with this picture next to it has it's humor/candor/impertanence increased by at least a factor of 2-3X. Great thread idea bill!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Was 7 When The SoX  Won The Series Back In 1918..Just Love The Hanging Sox Patch..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill, is that golf course in VA or MD?

My avatar is simple: each logo represents each team that plays for the greatest city in the world.  I'm actually a diehard Bruins and Sox fan, as well as a casual fan of the C's but I don't comment on the other boards as much as I do here.   

I make it up to Boston semi annually to catch a Sox (summer) and Bruins(winter) game, and always do when either are playing in the DC area.  I haven't been to a C's game in about 5 years though.

[/QUOTE] Actually, a course in Myrtle Beach, SC, if I recall the course is called River Hills.  In MD, I am a member of the Queenstown Harbour Golf Links, you know it?

[/QUOTE]

I played queenstown. Nice track / windy. I play in N MB alot. Barefoot course mostly. Localy, i live in NVA so I play ECC and Dominion Valley. I snuck in just shy of 100 rounds in last year. In fact i am playing27 tomorrow. Oh, the avatr is my SB ticket from last year. Great time! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Couldn,t think of anything else, so I picked a cool pic of my favorite fighter F-15 Eagle. And because I build 'em, too!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couldn,t think of anything else, so I picked a cool pic of my favorite fighter F-15 Eagle. And because I build 'em, too!!

[/QUOTE]

Always liked your avatar. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Italy right?  I can't remember the name of the fountain..Piazza Navona is it?

My avatar is based on Dream Theater's "Majesty" logo...i drew it in MSPaint back in high school (1996).  Been shuttling it between phones/computers/etc ever since.  Majesty is their old band name....hence the instrumental 'Ytse Jam'....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Because these 2 guys have been under-appreciated during their tenures at times.....  Branch was always a favorite of mine, and shouldn't have gone away....

And here he is saying to Jets fans    'oooooo, nooooooo' - 'P...A...T...S.... Pats! Pats! Pats!"  At least that's what I've been told.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My avatar is simple: each logo represents each team that plays for the greatest city in the world.  I'm actually a diehard Bruins and Sox fan, as well as a casual fan of the C's but I don't comment on the other boards as much as I do here.   

I make it up to Boston semi annually to catch a Sox (summer) and Bruins(winter) game, and always do when either are playing in the DC area.  I haven't been to a C's game in about 5 years though.

[/QUOTE] Actually, a course in Myrtle Beach, SC, if I recall the course is called River Hills.  In MD, I am a member of the Queenstown Harbour Golf Links, you know it?

[/QUOTE]

Myrtle Beach is prime location for some golf.  I've golfed at Sandpiper Bay and Barefoot Resort.  Both are very nice courses.  I've never golfed in MD, however, so I'm not familiar with Queenstown.  I'm assuming you golf regularly; what is your handicap?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Irish- My guess is that you have those tacky team logos on every car that you own. Is that right?

The rest of you can chime in any time

[/QUOTE]

Yupp!  You better believe it Leona! I also have a few of my VT Hokies decals.  I'd say it's the best damn looking SUV east of the Mississppi River, given the championship vibe that it gives off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mine is my granddaughter getting a baseball signed by the University of Virginia baseball team.I have a photo of her getting a football signed by the UVA football team that I was going to use for football season.Unfortunately,the new format won't let me change it. 

[/QUOTE]

You're a Wahoo fan, mojo? Say it ain't so!!

In all seriousness, UVA always has an elite baseball program.  A few of my teammates that I played with during AAU baseball are now on the team.  Pretty cool stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Explain oh sage ones, why do you have the avatar you do seen in your posts?

Mine, the pic represents I play golf and that putt was for birdie caught just as it fell into the cup.  Success for a golfer!!

You?

[/QUOTE]

Took this picture about 4-5 years ago or so. Our dog was at the bottom of the steps giving me her typical feisty "you want some of this?" look. Mouth slightly open as if about to say something smart elek, or to tell me "yes my child, I have beckoned, now feed me meat and chicken". The eyes were glowing in the original, but I photoshopped it to make it glow more because I thought it was funny. She died 1/19/10 aged 13 years. This avatar is a tribute, plus it fits my posting style. Anything posted with this picture next to it has it's humor/candor/impertanence increased by at least a factor of 2-3X. Great thread idea bill!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the passing of your buddy, examiner.  It's strange how we humans can get so attached to an animal, isn't it?  It's very cliche but it's so true that people never understand until they have one of their own.

Awesome/hilarious pic, btw.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to thehub's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I played queenstown. Nice track / windy. I play in N MB alot. Barefoot course mostly. Localy, i live in NVA so I play ECC and Dominion Valley. I snuck in just shy of 100 rounds in last year. In fact i am playing27 tomorrow. Oh, the avatr is my SB ticket from last year. Great time! 

[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, man.  What part of NOVA are you from? I'm from the Manassas/Prince William area. I golf regularly up here over at Bristow Manor, Stonewall, Broad Run, Bowling Green, and a few others.  Do you like Dominion Valley?  I never golfed there.  Isn't it private?

I've also played Barefoot down in MB.  Small world!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Italy right?  I can't remember the name of the fountain..Piazza Navona is it?

My avatar is based on Dream Theater's "Majesty" logo...i drew it in MSPaint back in high school (1996).  Been shuttling it between phones/computers/etc ever since.  Majesty is their old band name....hence the instrumental 'Ytse Jam'....

[/QUOTE]

Italy, yes, but Naples. The Navona is in Rome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

My avatar its me, with the flag of my country, México. I took the picture the day i signed up at boston.com, i guess i was fooling around or drunk LOL, thats why i picked it, that also explains my screen name... AUCHHHHHHH  weird right !!!

Its been great to learn from you guys.

My real name is ISAAC

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My avatar its me, with the flag of my country, México. I took the picture the day i signed up at boston.com, i guess i was fooling around or drunk LOL, thats why i picked it, that also explains my screen name... AUCHHHHHHH  weird right !!!

My real name is ISAAC

[/QUOTE]

can u still upload an avatar? i dont think you can with the new format but maybe u can...do you know?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My real name is ISAAC

[/QUOTE]

haha ..good one Isaac .. but everytime I look at your Avatar I feel a SNEEZE coming on.

AUCHHHHHHH .... CHOOOOOOW   ....   sounds the same in every language.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

your avatar is one of my favs!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I just happened to be wathing Family guy when i registered on BDC and the episode revolved around Quagmire. It had me laughing so hard, so I googled quagmire avatar and found this one with the bobbing head. Thought the bobbing head was unique here so I attached it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Mine's a helicopter because I fly helicopters.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You really care Leon? I'm touched.  Is it the green and white that piqued your interest?  It's not Jets "gear" I promise you!  OK, it's Easter Road in Leith (Edinburgh), Scotland, home of Hibernian F.C.  The Hibs play in the Scottish Premier League.  The picture you see at the stadium, it is the Famous Five, all associated with Hibernian's impressive run of league championships long ago.  Think of it as Gastineau, Klecko, Freeman McNeil, Al Toon and whomever else conjures us good ol' Jets memories for you.   I grew up a few minutes from the football stadium.    

[/QUOTE]

This brings back some great memories for me. From the late 80s through the mid-90s, we lived in the UK as expats. One of my saleswomen, Billie Neilands (sp?), was from Edinburgh and introduced me to the Proclaimers. I became a huge fan of their music. By coincidence, I was at a Hibs football game in 1990 or 1991, which was the first soccer game I ever saw live. I guess those were tough times for the football club but the fans had banded together to resist some kind of bankruptcy or merger. Well, during the game the group of fans around me broke spontaneously into a rendition of "Sunshine on Leith." I knew every word of that song, and sang and drank along with the crowd. Had a great time but embarassed the heck out of my wife.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I was a bigger Sox/Celtics fan growing up, but at some point the Pats reeled me in. They are my favorites...