Changes to forums and comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now it is clear to me why the Fantasy thread will not be pinned to the top, its because you [TexasPat] will continue to throw tantrums and pout until they remove it.

Wrong

The fantasy thread will not be pinned to the top because pinning it is a dumb idea

Your argument in support of keeping it pinned is weak

TP is not your only opponent on this issue. Just the most vocal

Period

End of story

Go, Pats

[/QUOTE]

WRONG!  WRONG!  WRONG!  Apparently you weren't here when it was pinned to the top.  Apparently you just had to jump in and be part of the drama queens' drama!! 

They pinned it to the top and everything was fine until a certain someone started his pouting and tantrums. So you are wrong!!  It was pinned to the top.  BDCDottie was asked, she thought it was fine, she pinned it to the top and someone got their feelings hurt and started a crying.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I keep coming to this thread to see if any of the issues with the new software have been resolved, but keep reading the same ridiculous pasty war, or pinny, or sticky or whatever the heck its called.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

TP you never answered by question because you knowit will expose you, you are obviously here just to get under people's skin and ignore the real issues here, so one last time....

Currently the game day thread from the Pats v. Giants game is pinned to the top, simple question, do you think it should pinned to the top or not?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Huh? I know it was pinned. I saw it. How could I not see it? Big, ugly red font. It was hideous

My point is it wont be back up again because it was an unwise decision pinning it in the first place

Dont know what dottie was thinking of. Thank God she realized her mistake and took it down

WTG, dot!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

@ AcheNot, do you not go on any other forums? If we could post pics i would show you that pinning things and using an alternative color for the thread title is common place and not something stupid or unwise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes, freediro. I do visit other forums here. The only stickies Ive seen though are the ones placed up by the mod staff

Ive never seen one authored by any of the board users 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

The fantasy thread will not be pinned to the top because pinning it is a dumb idea

Your argument in support of keeping it pinned is weak

TP is not your only opponent on this issue. Just the most vocal

Period

End of story

Go, Pats

[/QUOTE]

Well it was pinned to the top so apparently there wasn't a reason to begin with for not pinning it to the top.

Second, there shouldn't even be an argument to keep it pinned to the top.  It was decided by BDCDottie to pin it to the top, which she did.  But then a certain somebody strated crying and having a tantrum and then some others started following that persons lead on it.   Why have to argue to keep it there when the powers to be put it there in the first place?  Do you understand that?!?!?!?!

Personally I think a lot of the problem from the others was the big red thread title.  I had no ifdea it was going to be like that.  Personnally I didn't like it being that red color.  I would have prefered it stayed blue like the ones pinned to the top now are.  And who knows, maybe most wouldn't have a problem with it if it stayed blue like the rest of the thread titles.

I would like to see BDC put it up to a vote.  I think there are enough people who post and follow the Fantasy Football thread that would vote for it to be pinned to the top then there has been people who posted against it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

I like the new changes...Thank You!
    Go Boston!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Seriously? After all the complaining about Rusty/Babe, we have two members taking their place and it looks, sounds, and feels the same. 

KNOCK IT OFF

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well it was pinned to the top so apparently there wasn't a reason to begin with for not pinning it to the top.

Second, there shouldn't even be an argument to keep it pinned to the top.  It was decided by BDCDottie to pin it to the top, which she did.  But then a certain somebody strated crying and having a tantrum and then some others started following that persons lead on it.   Why have to argue to keep it there when the powers to be put it there in the first place?  Do you understand that?!?!?!?!

Personally I think a lot of the problem from the others was the big red thread title.  I had no ifdea it was going to be like that.  Personnally I didn't like it being that red color.  I would have prefered it stayed blue like the ones pinned to the top now are.  And who knows, maybe most wouldn't have a problem with it if it stayed blue like the rest of the thread titles.

I would like to see BDC put it up to a vote.  I think there are enough people who post and follow the Fantasy Football thread that would vote for it to be pinned to the top then there has been people who posted against it.

[/QUOTE]

Dottie pinned the thread at the behest of PatEng. She unpinned it at the behest of TexPat (and others).  TP's argument for removing the sticky was more powerful IMO than your argument for retaining it. Why dottie btw has suddenly been so responsive to everyone here, I have no idea. Usually she just ignores us

I admit the red font was a big issue with me. Maybe if the font was blue, I would have reacted less negatively. I dont know. But still, the thread will be at or near the top of page 1 all year long anyway, so the need for sticky-ing it is dubious

I'm okay with putting it to a vote. Do you have a plan in place to thwart ballot stuffing?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Do you have a plan in place to thwart ballot stuffing?  [/QUOTE]

No, I will leave that to the other guy.  You know the one.. The complainer. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

hahahha ...yeah, vote early and often.

In reality though, both sides scored a stalement, no check mate! The Threads in question stay on the front burner ..... and ..... they will not become stickies. Both win! The threads -no doubt- will sustain themselves to the front page.

Interestingly, I was LQQKing at NFL.com just a moment ago and on the front page was a bullet list of 5 Fantasy Football articles. What that tells me is that any Website is all about WebHits. Webhits mean more people, more marketing fodder to show customers for advertisements. I'm not a fantasy fan but millions of others are fans.

I/we seem to forget sometimes that because this is a 'Membership Forum' that the true reflection of our posts and comments are closed circle. The fact is that BDC sports is read each day by Hundreds of thousands of visitors (web hits). Also I/we seem to be blinded by the small ads that appear on the page. Web Hits result in Marketing energy (hit counter), resulting in Income for BDC to sell their product.

The fact that some members are extremely interested in certain threads are a valuable commodity to BDC as they result in webhits, and I think that's why BDC decided that they should stay on the front burner.  I'm not a stats man but I would guess that the 'READERSHIP' of these forums outnumber the actual Members 10K to ONE. I've been reading this Forum since 2004 although I signed up just a year ago. Why did I finally sign-up? Because of YOU Members who give me the real News and the Real Pulse of the Patriots.

Thanks for a great forum ... good wishes to all!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12 comment:

[QUOTE]

Do you have a plan in place to thwart ballot stuffing? 

[/QUOTE]

Hey...I thought you said you were through with me...what...3-4 times. But, here you are again!! I may be "The Complainer", but you're certainly, "The Whiner". How much longer are you going to stomp your feet over this? You lost...admit it to yourself. This is real life. It's not like in your FF league, where you have full control, can stomp your feet, and demand a do-over! LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Great post palookaski.  I would be very interested in knowing what the numbers are of people who actually post in the forums compared to people who just come to read.  10k to 1 would my mind blowing.  We will probably never find that out but it would be very darn interesting to know.

Also, one think that I would like to mention, not sure what everyone else does but this might persuade others in doing the same... I'm not sure if it matters or not but in my mind I think it does.  Instead of bookmarking this site to go straight to the forums, my bookmark for this site is the main page.  It's not so much as I want to read all the articles or even see all the news articles but I do that because I feel like it's all about numbers of hits to the front page and indivisual pages.  Since BDC provides these free forums for us, I at least want to hit their front page and sports page to give them legit hits there.  Hopefully this helps their hit numbers which in turn helps their advertising numbers.  Like I said, not sure if it helps them, I hope it does. I appreciate the forums they provide for us.  Also I enjoy the members on here.. most of them anyways.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

TFB12: hahahahha...as sleepy as I'm right now I almost blacked out from laughter LOOKing at the photo. I would appreciate that TEXPAT would also laugh with it also ...... although secretly. TEXPAT or none of us can equal your photo humor TFB12. C'mon admit it TexPat and have fun. Extend an Olive Branch first and TFB12 will do the same, your a good sport as well, we enjoy you.

The hurricane in a teapot is over and settled. A sincere Olive Branch will beat a fun photo every time!

Have a good night ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12 comment:

[QUOTE]

Do you have a plan in place to thwart ballot stuffing? 

[/QUOTE]

Hey...I thought you said you were through with me...what...3-4 times. But, here you are again!! I may be "The Complainer", but you're certainly, "The Whiner". How much longer are you going to stomp your feet over this? You lost...admit it to yourself. This is real life. It's not like in your FF league, where you have full control, can stomp your feet, and demand a do-over! LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]
    Stop ignoring the issues here!

The game day(Pats v. Gaints) thread is pinned to the top right now, do you agree with it being pinned to the top or not? Please answer the question, you pussyfooting around this is only exposing you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Stop ignoring the issues here!

The game day(Pats v. Gaints) thread is pinned to the top right now, do you agree with it being pinned to the top or not? Please answer the question, you pussyfooting around this is only exposing you.

[/QUOTE]

Good luck with this, Freediro.  My suggestion is to just let him be. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

The Freediro question IMO is valid. The controversy here was the Pinning issue. It has been resolved.
    To really get to the bottom of the issue Freediros question has to be answered by Texpat for him to maintain credibility after these many pages on that same issue. It makes sense for TEXPAT to answer his question, that is in IMHO. This may be the 'Olive Branch' we are looking for after all.

GOOOOOOOD NIGHT! LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

THANK YOU!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

TFB12: hahahahha...as sleepy as I'm right now I almost blacked out from laughter LOOKing at the photo. I would appreciate that TEXPAT would also laugh with it also ...... although secretly. TEXPAT or none of us can equal your photo humor TFB12. C'mon admit it TexPat and have fun. Extend an Olive Branch first and TFB12 will do the same, your a good sport as well, we enjoy you.

The hurricane in a teapot is over and settled. A sincere Olive Branch will beat a fun photo every time!

Have a good night ....

Hahaha, Thank you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The sign in issue is making this site intolerable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

The Freediro question IMO is valid. The controversy here was the Pinning issue. It has been resolved.
    To really get to the bottom of the issue Freediros question has to be answered by Texpat for him to maintain credibility after these many pages on that same issue. It makes sense for TEXPAT to answer his question, that is in IMHO. This may be the 'Olive Branch' we are looking for after all.

GOOOOOOOD NIGHT! LOL

This whiny sewing circle of Fanticizers are too much. Really, the only ones stomping their feet and acting like petulant children are the ring-leader, TFB, Freediro, and, to a lesser degree, PatsEng.  I've already have answered Freediro's silly question. But, if you think it needs answering again, here goes: I am against ANY thread being permanently affixed atop of all others. Occasionally, BCDottie will do this to direct conversations regarding the topic of the stickied thread, or to ensure that some message it wishes to get out, will be read.

As for the Pats @ Giants game day thread, I have specifically posted on that thread that it has outlived it's relevance, and should be unstickied, and be allowed to fall, and be buried beneath newer, relevant threads.

But, how does that change anything? Isn't it interesting that Freediro and TFB are still loudly whining and throwing tantrums over losing their egotistical lil' FF power play? Why do you think that it was so important to them? Do you really believe TFB's BS that he merely wanted the sticky just as a matter of convenience? Or, do you think that the far more likely reason was an attempt on his part to direct and dictate the conversations here...just as BCDottie does whenever she uses a sticky on a thread? You be the judge. 

"Me thinks that thou protests too much"...for it to be merely a convenience issue.      

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi Dottie. Ive got a bag of treatie bones.. you know the ones you really like. We could make a trade you know. Straight up ... treatie bones * a whole bag* for the edit function. What no gravy? well that wasnt part of the deal. Ok I'm on the list. please let me know.. would cha?

:)

25. This post has been removed.