Chargers Appear to Be Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Chargers Appear to Be Done

In the aftermath of the Broncos' huge 34-23 win over the Bolts in San Diego, the now 2-3 Chargers appear to be done. They trail the division leading Broncos by a whopping 3.5 games.

A couple of weeks ago, Chargers GM A.J. Smith referred to his team as "soft". After watching last nights' debacle on national television, it appears that Smith was absolutely right. Look for a multitude changes in Chargerland unless things turn around, immediately: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/columnists/paris/article_104126b1-5f46-59a2-ad08-c5e5502432cd.html

Heres' a pretty much spot on "report card" on the Chargers' performance: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/article_436c22d7-263f-53c8-9b23-8a860202073c.html 

Here more on the Chargers' woes. I recommend reading the fans comments, if you're interested in a few laughs: http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/19/n63955-chargers-canepa19/?chargers 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done

It appears Charger fan (and Charger reporter) has forgotten that San Dago was a .500 team last year. That is the very definition of an average team, and the fact that every other team in its division was even worse does not make average any better. It's possible that the illusion in San Dago has gone on so long because the Bolts have Indianapolis' number, and crunching the Colts in the playoffs may have convinced Charger fan that San Dago is better than it is. There isn't anything really wrong or different in Chargerland. They were a .500 team last year and look like a .500 (or marginally worse) again this year. The Bolts' problem is that Denver is getting better while they stand still and wonder why they're not where they were three years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Merriman looked weak and slow. Alright, it was against Clady, but still. And no matter how many times Jaws says Rivers is good at 'feeling pressure', it isn't true.

That said, I still think the Broncos are snmoke and mirrors.

When the coin tosses and B2B KR TDs run out, their offense isn't very dynamic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Someone please tell me why a lot of the pundits picked them to go to the Super Bowl. Year after year they look good on paper and year after year they prove paper means nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If the Chargers are smart, they'll dump the Norvster (one of the worst HC's in the league in my opinion) and go after an established HC with a track record of success like Cowher, Gruden, Shanahan, Holmgren etc.....

The talent is there to win now....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You can say all you want, a win is a win, but, the Broncos offense only put 20 points on the board.  To see 3 run backs for TDs, 2 for the Broncs and one for the Bolts, is the first in NFL history, not your average game scoring.  The Broncs would still have won 20 - 17, though.  Granted, who knows how the game would have progressed without these plays?  The Pats actually played the Broncos better than the Chargers did and we all know of two very clear potential TD plays that were missed by the Pats in that game, something the Broncos didn't sniff on their side of the line.  But, it is what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Pretty sure people said the Chargers were done in 2007 and 2008 when they started off bad.  I'm looking forward to a repeat this year of all the great moments from this decade - another late season Broncos collapse, Colts ousted in first round by Chargers, Pats get #1 seed but choose to play AFC title game in Pittsburgh just to add to the humiliation, Pats play a low scoring Super Bowl against the Eagles for three quarters, followed by an offensive explosion in the 4th, only Tom Brady is the one who gets the ball back with 1:00 left ... and we don't settle for a field goal. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Chargers Appear to Be Done:
    [QUOTE]     In the aftermath of the Broncos' huge 34-23 win over the Bolts in San Diego, the now 2-3 Chargers appear to be done. They trail the division leading Broncos by a whopping 3.5 games.      A couple of weeks ago, Chargers GM A.J. Smith referred to his team as "soft". After watching last nights' debacle on national television, it appears that Smith was absolutely right. Look for a multitude changes in Chargerland unless things turn around, immediately: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/columnists/paris/article_104126b1-5f46-59a2-ad08-c5e5502432cd.html      Heres' a pretty much spot on "report card" on the Chargers' performance: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/article_436c22d7-263f-53c8-9b23-8a860202073c.html        Here more on the Chargers' woes. I recommend reading the fans comments, if you're interested in a few laughs: http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/19/n63955-chargers-canepa19/?chargers  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The defense didn't lose the game, nor was it Norv 's fault. The usually strong kick coverage was horrible. If you hold Denver to 30 yard returns in both cases of the TDs, the Chargers would've won. I say that because the returns happened in the first half and SD would've had at least a 10 point lead going into halftime, instead of 3. A 2 score deficit would've done it as Denver can't score quickly on offense.   The Chargers haven't lost 6 games yet and thats what the wild card will get in with this post season in the AFC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Chargers Appear to Be Done:
    [QUOTE]     In the aftermath of the Broncos' huge 34-23 win over the Bolts in San Diego, the now 2-3 Chargers appear to be done. They trail the division leading Broncos by a whopping 3.5 games.      A couple of weeks ago, Chargers GM A.J. Smith referred to his team as "soft". After watching last nights' debacle on national television, it appears that Smith was absolutely right. Look for a multitude changes in Chargerland unless things turn around, immediately: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/columnists/paris/article_104126b1-5f46-59a2-ad08-c5e5502432cd.html      Heres' a pretty much spot on "report card" on the Chargers' performance: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/article_436c22d7-263f-53c8-9b23-8a860202073c.html        Here more on the Chargers' woes. I recommend reading the fans comments, if you're interested in a few laughs: http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/19/n63955-chargers-canepa19/?chargers  

All teams coached by Turner evolved into this.  He's  a good coach/coordinator.  His history as a HC takes team teams on a slow downward spiral.  The old team takes on the personality of the coach deal.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Jbolt Norv went for it on 4th and 8 and lost. How is either he or Rivera not responsible for this loss ? If he punts and he pins the Broncos deep he at least lets the defense have a chance to get the ball back with time on the clock. If they punt their is still 5 minutes game time left (maybe 4:30) and he has 3 time outs left. Either 1) he has no confidance in his D or 2) Has no confidence for his special teams coverage. At some point one of the two has to help the offense win the game. Norv and Rivera were flat out-coached by Mc Daniels and Nolan, just like I said they would be. The Pat losts to the Jests last year because we allowed two returns in for TDs in the game, NOT because we lost the coin toss in OT. You have to be proficient in all facets of the game to win consistently. BTW Clady owned Merriman all night.

San Diego Chargers      #Fist Pumps   # Chest Bumps     09 Wins    SB Wins

1867                2163                 2             0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

JBolt-

Sorry to hear about this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4579864

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

JBolt.. are you discounting the Chargers' own return for a TD?  Remove all three and the Broncos still win.  What would be the other stops?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : See, Bolted-On-Head? As I've said, though, with Norv as your coach and your team cr*pping out short of the SB every year they are picked to win it, I can see why you are frustrated and need to put down successful franchises like The Pats and Giants. As I said, know your place, rookie!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Your Giants got rolled when they played a real team. I watched the whole game, Eli really sucked in that one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done :
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I have to give jbolted credit for something.  He is absolutely not a fair weather fan.  In no way shape or form does he give up on his team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolt Norv went for it on 4th and 8 and lost. How is either he or Rivera not responsible for this loss ? If he punts and he pins the Broncos deep he at least lets the defense have a chance to get the ball back with time on the clock. If they punt their is still 5 minutes game time left (maybe 4:30) and he has 3 time outs left. Either 1) he has no confidance in his D or 2) Has no confidence for his special teams coverage. At some point one of the two has to help the offense win the game. Norv and Rivera were flat out-coached by Mc Daniels and Nolan, just like I said they would be. The Pat losts to the Jests last year because we allowed two returns in for TDs in the game, NOT because we lost the coin toss in OT. You have to be proficient in all facets of the game to win consistently. BTW Clady owned Merriman all night.                  San Diego Chargers      #Fist Pumps   # Chest Bumps     09 Wins    SB Wins                                             1867                2163                 2             0
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    It was 4th & 8 at the 38, you dont punt there

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Merriman looked weak and slow. Alright, it was against Clady, but still. And no matter how many times Jaws says Rivers is good at 'feeling pressure', it isn't true. That said, I still think the Broncos are snmoke and mirrors. When the coin tosses and B2B KR TDs run out, their offense isn't very dynamic.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Apparently, nothing much changes in San Diego. The Chargers still whine and complain better than they play. Heres' an article in which Shawne Merriman complains about the Broncos being "disrespectful" to his team before the game. DISRESPECTFUL!!! Do you believe it??!! Why any Patriots' fans would want to see the Patriots trade for this moron is beyond me. I'd rather have a pair of "TO"s than this guy: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/article_e0c3cee1-9bd0-5351-9169-9aca254a6d67.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done :      Apparently, nothing much changes in San Diego. The Chargers still whine and complain better than they play. Heres' an article in which Shawne Merriman complains about the Broncos being "disrespectful" to his team before the game. DISRESPECTFUL!!! Do you believe it??!! Why any Patriots' fans would want to see the Patriots trade for this moron is beyond me. I'd rather have a pair of "TO"s than this guy: http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/article_e0c3cee1-9bd0-5351-9169-9aca254a6d67.html

Merriman still hasn't figured out that respect is earned, not given. And it is harder earned when you have lightining bolts shaved into the side of your head.

The Chargers need to stop dancing, and start respecting their opponents more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Sorry Bolt. I know that this is tough for you. But, I watched most of the game, and:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Chargers Appear to Be Done : I disagree. The defense didn't lose the game, nor was it Norv 's fault.

RESPONSE: The Charger "D" was awful...and it is Norv's fault. He's the head coach. The Chargers' OL was a tower of jello, and their DL was dominated, particularly in the second half. Josh McDaniels made some good half-time adjustments...Norv didn't. Face it my friend...he needs to go. Only some fine play by Philip Rivers and his receivers kept the game fairly close. 

The usually strong kick coverage was horrible.

RESPONSE: Don't know whether the Charger kick coverage is usually strong. But agree that it was awful.

If you hold Denver to 30 yard returns in both cases of the TDs, the Chargers would've won.

RESPONSE: Come now, my friend. Only if the entire Broncos' team was struck by a Bolt of lightning would the outplayed, outmuscled Chargers have won this game.

I say that because the returns happened in the first half and SD would've had at least a 10 point lead going into halftime, instead of 3. A 2 score deficit would've done it as Denver can't score quickly on offense.   The Chargers haven't lost 6 games yet and thats what the wild card will get in with this post season in the AFC.

RESPONSE: The Bolts are having the same difficulties they had last season. They can't run the ball, they can't pressure the passer, and they're sporadic at best in the redzone. In short, your team,  for  whatever reason, is underachieving. That is Norv's fault.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : Your Giants got rolled when they played a real team. I watched the whole game, Eli really sucked in that one.

You should know what a bad performance looks like, after all, you've seen enough of them watching the Chargers over the year's. Your whole defense has turned into Charmin Toilet paper, super-duper soft! In most of the big games this year, the home teams have pretty much held serve, except for the Chargers. I don't see this Denver team fading like last year, but at least the  San Diego Paper Chargers won't have to suffer another disappointing playoff loss.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

love that picture steel curtain.  loved the steelers when I was a kid. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg, how many football players look THAT NASTY in a helmut?!  Ready to bite your head off!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]love that picture steel curtain.  loved the steelers when I was a kid. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I don't usually like to be negative toward anyone who post's on this forum, but Jbolt act's like he's Leon Jr. sometime's, especially after the Chargers lose a game. We all hate to see our team lose, but at least be man enough to give the other team credit sometime's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]dogg, how many football players look THAT NASTY in a helmut?!  Ready to bite your head off!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    No One and I don't even know to this day if there is anyone else.  Remember "JAWS" from the James Bond Movie (might have been "the spy who loved me").  He was about 7 ft tall and had that mean azz look and metal mouth.  Lambert looked just like him. 

I loved the steelers as a kid.  I had the black felt coat with the yellow vinyl sleeves and the steeler patch on the chest.  The hat with the ball on top, gloves, a steelers pillow football, pajamas.  If it was out there for a 10 yr old kid, I probably had it.  Brings back good memories.