Chargers Appear to Be Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done

The Bolts not making the playoffs in that division!? The Chargers still have a very good chance of making the playoffs especially with only one team coming out of the AFC East this year. It's too early to make that kind of assumption.

The Bolts have the Chiefs (2), Raiders, Eagles, Browns, Cowboys, Bengals, Titans & Redskins left on there schedule. Not a very hard task at all. Jamal Williams was a big loss and yes Merriman looks slow but with SD's offense they can beat the above teams easily.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done:
    [QUOTE]The Bolts not making the playoffs in that division!? The Chargers still have a very good chance of making the playoffs especially with only one team coming out of the AFC East this year. It's too early to make that kind of assumption. The Bolts have the Chiefs (2), Raiders, Eagles, Browns, Cowboys, Bengals, Titans & Redskins left on there schedule. Not a very hard task at all. Jamal Williams was a big loss and yes Merriman looks slow but with SD's offense they can beat the above teams easily.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's also too early to be assuming that the Chargers can beat the rest of their opponets also. Who would have thought the Raiders would beat the Eagles? Anymore, you never know what's going to happen anymore in the NFL.  That's been the biggest problem for the Chargers over the years, 'Over Confidence'. You have to win the games on the field, not on paper. Like some of the Patriot fans have posted on this site, that The Patriots usually have trouble playing in Denver. The Steelers have the same problem playing in Chicago. Not taking anything away from Denver or the Bears,they made the plays to win, but the Chargers are having a hard time winning at home, let alone winning all the rest of their road games.
    I've had high regard for the Chargers the past few years, but I just don't think Norv Turner is ever going to lead the Chargers to a Superbowl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : I don't usually like to be negative toward anyone who post's on this forum, but Jbolt act's like he's Leon Jr. sometime's, especially after the Chargers lose a game. We all hate to see our team lose, but at least be man enough to give the other team credit sometime's.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Give me a break dud, I mean dude. You constantly go on the offensive by being offensive. I call your DBs soft, which they are, and you get bent. Oh well, good luck against MIN, Linen Curtain .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Here's how bad it is.  My stats favor the Kansas City Chiefs by 0.3 points next Sunday over Sandy Eggo.  I know the oddsmakers want Sandy Eggo by 5.5 points, but that's Vegas responding to the trendy crowd.  I have to report my numbers as they come out, and so far I tend to trust my numbers (barring reports of major injuries within the past 2 weeks, which my numbers won't pick up).  The Eggos are toast in the toaster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : Who would have thought the Raiders would beat the Eagles? Anymore, you never know what's going to happen anymore in the NFL.  That's been the biggest problem for the Chargers over the years, 'Over Confidence'. You have to win the games on the field, not on paper.  but the Chargers are having a hard time winning at home, let alone winning all the rest of their road games. I've had high regard for the Chargers the past few years, but I just don't think Norv Turner is ever going to lead the Chargers to a Superbowl.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

The Raiders beat the Lifeless listless Eagles at home. The Raider have to play the Chargers in SD done deal for Rivers.San Diego lost at home to 2 playoff teams. Thanks for informing me that you can't win on paper you have to play the game great revelation Curtain. Mindboggling!

I will agree with you on one thing the Norv will never win a super bowl. Calling 3 running plays in a row at the goal last night was ridiculous! The Chargers will make the playoffs because the AFC ,besides Denver and Pittsburgh, is weak.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Here's how bad it is.  My stats favor the Kansas City Chiefs by 0.3 points next Sunday over Sandy Eggo.  I know the oddsmakers want Sandy Eggo by 5.5 points, but that's Vegas responding to the trendy crowd.  I have to report my numbers as they come out, and so far I tend to trust my numbers(barring reports of major injuries within the past 2 weeks, which my numbers won't pick up).  The Eggos are toast in the toaster. Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Danny Sheridan sets the line not "the trendy crowd in Vegas" what is that supposed to mean ? I'll come back and find this thread after The Chargers smoke check the Chiefs! My stats!? You know what tell me your bets this week so I can bet the opposite, Thanks for the insight!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I don't think Norv Turner has what it takes to be a successful HC. 

Bolt fans may be in for some lean times ahead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : Danny Sheridan sets the line not "the trendy crowd in Vegas" what is that supposed to mean ? I'll come back and find this thread after The Chargers smoke check the Chiefs! My stats!? You know what tell me your bets this week so I can bet the opposite, Thanks for the insight!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The line is dictated by action. That is what it means. They always tailor the line to hwo many bets are coming in on each side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think Norv Turner has what it takes to be a successful HC.  Bolt fans may be in for some lean times ahead. Posted by BelichickDisciple[/QUOTE]

You're correct Norv Turner has never impressed me as HC as well and It is Ron Rivera's team next year. AJ Smith will bring in someone else to run the offensive. It's time for Norv to be a QB coach again if he can even do that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : The line is dictated by action. That is what it means. They always tailor the line to hwo many bets are coming in on each side. Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

but action will not help or indicate how I would bet the upcoming Bolts-Chiefs game. The way Danny Sheridan sets the line and then plays the game in his head for the over/under does have influence how the line starts and usually ends.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Here's how bad it is.  My stats favor the Kansas City Chiefs by 0.3 points next Sunday over Sandy Eggo.  I know the oddsmakers want Sandy Eggo by 5.5 points, but that's Vegas responding to the trendy crowd.  I have to report my numbers as they come out, and so far I tend to trust my numbers (barring reports of major injuries within the past 2 weeks, which my numbers won't pick up).  The Eggos are toast in the toaster.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
     reference to #?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Chargers Appear to Be Done : I disagree. The defense didn't lose the game, nor was it Norv 's fault. The usually strong kick coverage was horrible. If you hold Denver to 30 yard returns in both cases of the TDs, the Chargers would've won. I say that because the returns happened in the first half and SD would've had at least a 10 point lead going into halftime, instead of 3. A 2 score deficit would've done it as Denver can't score quickly on offense.   The Chargers haven't lost 6 games yet and thats what the wild card will get in with this post season in the AFC.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

You take away the 2 ST TDs from Denver and the 1 ST TD from SD, the final score would be 20-16, Broncos.

You're arugment is based on the assumption that Denver would not have scored had Royal been tackled on both his TD returns.

Truth is that this game wasn't as close. When you fumble 4 times and lose only once, you're lucky.

In 2006, the best Charger team ever, yes even better that the 1994 AFC champion team, had a lethal pass rush. It's been missing since.

This is why SD hasn't gotten over the hump since 2007. Until the pass rush is back to 2006 form, the Bolts are playoff fodder at best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : Give me a break dud, I mean dude. You constantly go on the offensive by being offensive. I call your DBs soft, which they are, and you get bent. Oh well, good luck against MIN, Linen Curtain .

Bolt:

Pay heed to the wise words of the wily ol' sage from Havana, Cuban Pete.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sure people said the Chargers were done in 2007 and 2008 when they started off bad.  I'm looking forward to a repeat this year of all the great moments from this decade - another late season Broncos collapse, Colts ousted in first round by Chargers, Pats get #1 seed but choose to play AFC title game in Pittsburgh just to add to the humiliation, Pats play a low scoring Super Bowl against the Eagles for three quarters, followed by an offensive explosion in the 4th, only Tom Brady is the one who gets the ball back with 1:00 left ... and we don't settle for a field goal. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I think the Broncos lost the division last year rather than 8-8 Chargers stepping up and winning it! There defense couldn't deliver w a Pro Bwol QB...

That is why Shannonhan is gone....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : Give me a break dud, I mean dude. You constantly go on the offensive by being offensive. I call your DBs soft, which they are, and you get bent. Oh well, good luck against MIN, Linen Curtain .

Hey Bolt! A LITTLE testy today aren't we???????????? Steelcurtain75 is a good poster here on the board. Most of us think he is a very reasonable visitor when he posts....and besides NO TEAM in the NFL has a better history of success than the Steelers do...period. So cut him some slack until your team actually does something this season....or ANY SEASON!   PS How is the weather down there today???????????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

I guess "If you ain't whinin, you ain't tryin!"  Ain't that right LT??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Chargers Appear to Be Done : I disagree. The defense didn't lose the game, nor was it Norv 's fault. Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Jbolted; you came here with this weak stuff. Who exactly did lose the game? LT is weak, D looked weak. Play calling looked poor, anytime you are calling plays with LT in them you are weak. (Use to be good, ain't no more)

Man I know it is hard when your team stinks but the first step to getting better is admitting you are sick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]love that picture steel curtain.  loved the steelers when I was a kid. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Now you are just a bu-- hole

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : I think the Broncos lost the division last year rather than 8-8 Chargers stepping up and winning it! There defense couldn't deliver w a Pro Bwol QB... That is why Shannonhan is gone....
    Posted by Patriots1970[/QUOTE]
    yah Uh-huh. That 4 game win steak in DEC, if they lost a single game and would've been eliminated, meant absolutely nothing. Gimme a break, they stepped up huge. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : Hey Bolt! A LITTLE testy today aren't we???????????? Steelcurtain75 is a good poster here on the board. Most of us think he is a very reasonable visitor when he posts....and besides NO TEAM in the NFL has a better history of success than the Steelers do...period. So cut him some slack until your team actually does something this season....or ANY SEASON!   PS How is the weather down there today???????????
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]
    Blissman

EVERY time he addresses me, it has some derogatory comment attached. and I mean every time. til he shows ME a little respect I will then applige. Til then.....his DBs are weak.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

You're full of false bravado jbolt.  

False Bravado.

Just like your soft football team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

SD has no discipline, thats coaching. However, i still think they have enough talent to go 9-7 or 10-6 and get a wildcard playoff spot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chargers Appear to Be Done : yah Uh-huh. That 4 game win steak in DEC, if they lost a single game and would've been eliminated, meant absolutely nothing. Gimme a break, they stepped up huge. 

Sure - the Broncs lost to Oakland, Bills and Carolina - games they should have won. the head to head in the last game of the season v Dbolts lsot them the AFC West title. So if Broncs win one of those games (which they should have) then Dbolts are out even with their 4 game win streak.