Charlie Weiss new Chiefs OC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Charlie Weiss new Chiefs OC

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Charlie Weis has agreed to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs, according to team and league sources.

Weis could be named to the position within the next 24 to 48 hours, the sources said.

Weis will be reunited with head coach Todd Haley, with whom he shared an office when both were young assistants with the New York Jets. Weis also will be reunited with Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, who was the Patriots vice president of player personnel when Weis was the offensive coordinator for three Super Bowl championships before going to coach at Notre Dame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Charlie Weiss new Chiefs OC

Sparks will fly on that side line!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Lost another one....Looks like we wont get our wish....OBrien will be back another year.......uggghhhh!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

bummer. Can't wait to see charlie by next season, after he starts visiting all those "KC house of ribs" joints.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well this is a heart break of some sorts. I guess in a few years, he will become the new HC of the Chiefs. Question. Is Romeo with the Chiefs also? I thought I read that somewhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Nothing but thanks and good wishes for him...who's their QB again?...sheeet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

that's too bad.  I really wanted to see him come back to the Pats...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm pretty shocked folks had the impression either Crennel or Weis would want to come back here. It's commonly understood that returning to a prior job role as an underling is a step backwards professionally. Even though it may not seem that way, given that Weis took an equiavalent role in KC, people generally never go back in their careers, only forward. That's not to say they weren't great here, but that's just not how careers work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Kraft get to keep even more of his money........excellent.

He's not paying for an OC and he banked Seymour's 2009 salary.  You go girl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

My hunch is that Romeo will be back with the Pats. Also, I think a familiar name will surface as an assistant coach. A former player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Kraft didn't keep Seymores money, he diverted it to some other player or FA on the team. Kraft spends to the cap each year. I'd imagine if Bill B asked Kraft for money for an OC Kraft would give it too him. Heck Bill B gave Kraft 3 times the greatest moment ever. Could be right up there with having his kids. Kraft built a stadium with private money and fields a winner every year pretty much since he;s owned the team. Sure ticket prices are up, beer, parking what not, but you get what you pay for. Personally I'm glad he owns the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Very dissapointing once again. The Patriots cannot get anything to go their way.  No real OC and a terrible DC.  Dont know how much long the people can tolerate it.  Why do we let the best coaches go while other teams keep them.  Now we have to live with Obrien running this offense. Belichick will never replace the OC or DC because  it would prove he was wrong.  Brady's best years are wasted by the incompetence of the coaches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

It looks like Crennel is wanted in KC and I also heard he is a possiblity with NYG if Pepper Johnson dont take the job.

In reality I didnt really see either one coming back.  Like BostonTrollSpanker said, it would be like a step back if Weis came back to NE.  Its already conquered territory.  If Crennel becomes KC's OC that would mean that they have all the pieces but one for a championship run.  Pioli, Weis and Crennel....somethings missing....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I'm glad he's back in the NFL hopefully things will work out better for him than they did at ND

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

good luck to Charlie.  Of course would have been nice to come back here but it is what it is.

BB, I'm sure has many other contacts of his that he could turn to IF indeed he thinks he needs to bring in additional coaching.   We'll see how it goes in this upcoming offseason.  Sounds like Pepper will be moving on as well. 

The reason why I would like to see Bill B grab other experienced coaching to join the Pats staff , is I feel he is taking on TOO much this past year and trying to cover up for our in-experienced coaching.    (Remember, Scott P isn't there either, so he (BB) wore another 'hat' this past year)....  All the more to snag experienced or familiar coaching to join his staff.  We'll see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I can see how if weis had came back here that he would be stepping backwards,but he took the oc position in kc.the same position he would have been offered here.well his signing is good for the cheifs,and great for cassel,who already knows his system,and plays well in it.plus cassel will only get better as brady did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I guess Bill sets the price he will pay a coordinator and doesn't deviate from it, not unlike a player...  Weis would have come back but he's not going to take a pay cut or come back for whatever he made before.  Moving on...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

add romeo.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/07/competition-for-crennel-is-coming/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

"Now the question is if they get Romeo too will KC win a super bowl before the Pats do? BAM I just blew your mind! lol "

Maybe, maybe not....but definitely before the Jest

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I cant see how Weis comeing back here would kill his career?he had one head coaching position in collage.he just signed on as an offensive cord in KC.the same position he would have gotten here if he had came back.so he has gained nothing,but his old position,and diffrent team.as for the pats?they havent one the big dance since weis,and crennel left.so there is some loss there with out them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

posted at 1/6/2010 10:36 PM EST
    First: 9/15/2009
    Last: 1/7/2010
    Kraft didn't keep Seymores money, he diverted it to some other player or FA on the team. Kraft spends to the cap each year. I'd imagine if Bill B asked Kraft for money for an OC Kraft would give it too him. Heck Bill B gave Kraft 3 times the greatest moment ever. Could be right up there with having his kids. Kraft built a stadium with private money and fields a winner every year pretty much since he;s owned the team. Sure ticket prices are up, beer, parking what not, but you get what you pay for. Personally I'm glad he owns the team.

I'm glad he owns the team also.  He brought in BB the best coach ever.  He's still cheap (just my opinion you don't have to agree) and do you actually think the Tax payers of Massachusetts would of paid for a Stadium at the time?  If you remember he got money for infrastructure, as well as, the necessary permits after threatening to leave for Hartford.

Where did you get your info that he spends to the limit every year?  That's incorrect.  Here's a shot at this year's as you can see there's an extra $4 million plus.  Guess where that goes or doesn't go?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

after this season it will get intreasting.

http://patscap.com/futureyears.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I cant see how Weis comeing back here would kill his career?"

Very difficult to come back and pull it off. If he goes to the Chiefs and never makes it to a Super Bowl, he could still be perceived as being successful in a new challenge. If he comes back here and doesn't win a Super Bowl, he's perceived as failing to live up to his own standard. Extra unnecessary pressure. Plus BB is the ceiling here you can't advance past, in KC the possibility of advancing to head coach is there. 

People need to let go of these two guys, thank them for the three rings they won us once more, and let them move on. That's not to say we can't hope for even more talent in these roles going forward.