Choose your Faction.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Choose your Faction.

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There seem to be several factions of thought around these parts.

Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.

2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.

3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").

4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

[/QUOTE]

sorry Babe. I think the majority here think mostly #2 amended to;

2. The GM is league average Faction: Average decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a very good team that is not quite good enough to win the SB unless there is a perfect storm ( little injury games lost, Brady plays all pro every game, the FG kicker never misses, the playoffs are home and the weather is very cold)

[/QUOTE]

Mediocre means average.

1 Ordinary: not extraordinary; not special, exceptional, or great; of medium quality;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

None of the above. And the run/balance one wasn't expressed quite right as some find a way to somehow blame Brady and not Belichick for run/balance. 

If I had to pick I'd pick two but I think BB has been a good GM, just not a great one. I'd put him above mediocre but in the good range at best. Would like to see more run but only with better running talent - another nuance not listed here.

Not a fan of factions and herd thinking. Prefer folks in this forum that try to see different sides of issues and realize they don't have a monopoly on the truth. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

None of the above. And the run/balance one wasn't expressed quite right as some find a way to somehow blame Brady and not Belichick for run/balance. 

If I had to pick I'd pick two but I think BB has been a good GM, just not a great one. I'd put him above mediocre but in the good range at best. Would like to see more run but only with better running talent - another nuance not listed here.

Not a fan of factions and herd thinking. Prefer folks in this forum that try to see different sides of issues and realize they don't have a monopoly on the truth. 

[/QUOTE]

That's just it. The premise is you have to pick.

I'm not saying most fall definitely into one faction or the other. The point is to illustrate who is what, more or less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Ridiculous how all the success can be attributed to TB and the shortcomings to BB.

Did anyone even take into account that BB has had a bigger challenge of putting together a team around TB since his cap hit jumped to 10% or more? Yes, that happened in 2005.

There were only two years since when TB had a 7% hit - 2007, when they were really close to winning it all, and in 2012, they played in the AFCCG.

Why is it that people think that being a great QB is exclusive of having played bad in recent playoff games? Is it logically impossible for those two to coexist. NO!

It did not help either that over the last four years, they were an injury or more from achieving the ultimate goal. The team has been consistently close despite having to pick late every year.

GMs who say TB is the only reason the Pats have been contending every year are saying that to cover their own behinds.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridiculous how all the success can be attributed to TB and the shortcomings to BB.

Did anyone even take into account that BB has had a bigger challenge of putting together a team around TB since his cap hit jumped to 10% or more? Yes, that happened in 2005.

There were only two years since when TB had a 7% hit - 2007, when they were really close to winning it all, and in 2012, they played in the AFCCG.

Why is it that people think that being a great QB is exclusive of having played bad in recent playoff games? Is it logically impossible for those two to coexist. NO!

It did not help either that over the last four years, they were an injury or more from achieving the ultimate goal. The team has been consistently close despite having to pick late every year.

GMs who say TB is the only reason the Pats have been contending every year are saying that to cover their own behinds.

[/QUOTE]

Answer disqualified - rambling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did not read what you wanted to?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, and I like the HC, the GM, the owner and the QB. Satisfied with all of them.

[/QUOTE]

This is the answer to this idiotic thread. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they still celebrating around Seattle?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did not specify a coherent answer to the question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Great thread buddy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Only Faction that continues to rear its ugly head is the one that pretends to believe BB is a good head coach.

Clearly the OP thinks BB the GM does not have a clue how to evaluate talent so its clear he would think BB the coach would never be able to decide what players should play what positions since he can't evaluate strengths and weakness of those players to begin with.

The lunatic obviously somehow believes BB is two distinctly different people.

The only superbowl appearing organization to never have a season with fewer wins than 10 since 2004. Need talent to win and they keep winning more than anyone else. Who brings in that talent to keep winning at a high rate every year? Let me help you with that, the GM.

Obviously the OP is a fraud and just thinks its all Brady.

Let's recap.

• Babe does not think BB knows how to evaluate talents of players, yet somehow magically is a good coach.
    • Babe does not think BB listens to any outside people he works with now or has worked with in the past yet somehow he thinks BB is a great coach.
    • Babe thinks BB only surrounds himself with yes men yet thinks BB is a good coach.
    • Babe does not think BB hires anyone good to be coordinators and his coaches are leaving to get away from BB but somehow still believes BB is a great coach.
    • Babe thinks BB would be nothing without TB since he always cites BB's record in Cleveland without Brady and still be Babe tries to convince you he belives BB is a good coach.

In short, Babe = Fraud. (consider yourself informed)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Silly post I dont agree with any of them!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

This is my mental image of Babe
       I am sure he looks nothing like it, of course, but it is the visual I have
                                        And I'm stuck with it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Silly post I dont agree with any of them!

[/QUOTE]

Did not specify a coherent answer to the question.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only Faction that continues to rear its ugly head is the one that pretends to believe BB is a good head coach.

Clearly the OP thinks BB the GM does not have a clue how to evaluate talent so its clear he would think BB the coach would never be able to decide what players should play what positions since he can't evaluate strengths and weakness of those players to begin with.

The lunatic obviously somehow believes BB is two distinctly different people.

The only superbowl appearing organization to never have a season with fewer wins than 10 since 2004. Need talent to win and they keep winning more than anyone else. Who brings in that talent to keep winning at a high rate every year? Let me help you with that, the GM.

Obviously the OP is a fraud and just thinks its all Brady.

Let's recap.

• Babe does not think BB knows how to evaluate talents of players, yet somehow magically is a good coach.
    • Babe does not think BB listens to any outside people he works with now or has worked with in the past yet somehow he thinks BB is a great coach.
    • Babe thinks BB only surrounds himself with yes men yet thinks BB is a good coach.
    • Babe does not think BB hires anyone good to be coordinators and his coaches are leaving to get away from BB but somehow still believes BB is a great coach.
    • Babe thinks BB would be nothing without TB since he always cites BB's record in Cleveland without Brady and still be Babe tries to convince you he belives BB is a good coach.

In short, Babe = Fraud. (consider yourself informed)

[/QUOTE]

You are a certifiable moron. Worthless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm in the:

Never-let-it-be-said-that-Babe-will-ask-a-benign-question faction. 

You do realize, young fella, that you're asking people when did they stop beating their wives?

And if it seems like I'm thread-crapping mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Some of us are hopeful, some are hopeless. Put me in HF if you must.

Remember this thread from 2009 Babe?

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/players-pats-passed-on-that-they-will-regret-later/100/6214746

In this thread you'll find Babe and TexasPat defending Belichick's drafting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tg19pats07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

giving an honest answer I tend to fall in number 1, this team has supplied me with a lot of favorable moments over the last 12 years(or so) I have fallen prey to believing they can and will do anything. I am completely comfortable being tagged a homer.

You have a ton of company. But the question isn't about whether you're happy being a fan of this team. We all are happy being a fan of this team. It's a question of whether one can objectivily analyze the team, or prefers to simply be an oblivious cheerleader.

Got you down for #1.

[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is anyone who doesn't agree completely with everything you say is not objective, because whatever you say is 100% correct. I get it now. Thanks Barack.

Objectively, since the time Bill Belichick took over as head coach and general manager of the New England Patriots (i.e. his ENTIRE body of work here), the team has won more games, more playoff games and more Super Bowls than any other team in the league. Those are the facts. They are not disputable. But somehow that is not seen as good enough for you.

[/QUOTE]

What are you whining about, you admitted you were a homer? The very term indicates a lack of objectivity. LMAO

Of course I'm right. The facts show that.

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know about BB's awesome record, once Brady came into his world.

One playoff appearance in 7 f'n tries without Brady. Live with it!

There's your f'n FACT!

(Don't mind me, I just find homers insufferable, whatever their team. That doesn't mean I think they're bad people. It just means their viewpoint isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell.)

Last reply to you. Your contributions here are worthless.

[/QUOTE]

I have a lot more going on in my real world that I can enjoy football for what it is without it ruining my year if the Patriots don't win the super bowl. I honestly feel sorry for you. I really hope you can find some peace in your miserable life (spending most of your days on a message board ranting about the suppossed failings of another man is a miserable life). I hope you can find something that can make you happier than football apparently does. Maybe you could find a way to channel this genius you feel you possess about the game into a positive contribution to society somehow. Convince a community college to allow you to run a course "How to build a super bowl winning team, develop players, handle injuries, lawsuits, arrests, and manage the salary cap in todays NFL the Babe way", since you have all the answers. Or mentor some kids on how to be a complete d0uche to other people on a message board and the finer points of being a grumpy old ba$tard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Talk about a biased question! Notice how all but #2 gets a negative comment by the OP. Or in other words, if one doesn't take #2, one is an idiot. It makes for a thread where any opinion not in line with the OP gets ridiculed.

I am closest to #1, you can put me in that category if you feel like it. Even a great QB and a great HC will not consistently be contenders if the rest of the team is merely average. I don't buy that.

But I would think most of us try to be a bit more balanced in our view of the team. I fully recognize that neither all the players drafted nor all the players they've gotten in FA have panned out. You can point to this player or that player, and as time goes by the list inevetably grows longer.

But on the other hand I also fully recognize that this franchise builds for depth and with the perspective that it is better to have "value players" more or less across the board than to have stars and then a significant drop off.

What matters to me in the end are the results. And as frustrating as not getting the elusive fourth ring is to all of us, I would be hard pressed to find any team in the league which is both A) more succesfull than the Patriots (even just looking at the post-SB years), and B) is managed better.

One could point to the SB winning teams as more succesfull, but if you look at them they mostly fluctuate wildly. If you go back 3-4 years Seattle, SF, KC, Bengals were jokes. Giants are hot one year and horrible the next. Broncos pre-Manning (or pre-Tebow, if you like) were also a joke.

2008 without Brady managed 11-5. Not enough to go to the postseason but decent. With Brady they would once again have been a contender. 2009 and 2010 I will admit were not SB-caliber teams. But other than that they have been legit every single year.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of us are hopeful, some are hopeless. Put me in HF if you must.

Remember this thread from 2009 Babe?

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/players-pats-passed-on-that-they-will-regret-later/100/6214746

In this thread you'll find Babe and TexasPat defending Belichick's drafting.

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping 2009 was going to be a huge draft year for BB. He had freshly picked 6 players in the top 100 for 2009. Who knew he would only hit on one of the 6?

He had just picked the DROTY in Mayo for 2008. It looked like he was turning his poor drafting around. Unfortunately, he wasn't, as Chung, Brace, Butler, Tate and McKenzie all turned out to be stiffs.

Funniest thing from that link is zbellino saying, "Trust me. In five years people are going to say Clay Matthews? Wasn't he a linebacker for the Browns?".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talk about a biased question! Notice how all but #2 gets a negative comment by the OP. Or in other words, if one doesn't take #2, one is an idiot. It makes for a thread where any opinion not in line with the OP gets ridiculed.

[/QUOTE]

Are the questions biased, or the comments?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Guru Meditation

Varnish Cache Server

Just sayin...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Arguably, something hasn't gone right for 9 years.

[/QUOTE]

What is your definitition of "right"?

If it is the ultimate goal of winning the SB,

[/QUOTE]

That is the only goal.

[/QUOTE]

So, most of your life is full of disapointment as a fan of any professional team.

[/QUOTE]

Well no, it's all very entertaining, and hopeful even, until the moment of failure.

But, I get no satisfaction whatsoever from epic fails.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting you use the term "epic fail".  The Pats aren't anywhere close to being an "epic fail" type of franchise.  Now, if you were a fan of the Falcons or Texans this past season, those are two classic examples of epic failures this past season.  The Pats getting to the AFCCG or the SB  is no where near an epic fail.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guru Meditation

Varnish Cache Server

Just sayin...

[/QUOTE]

You, too, eh?