Chris Gamble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Chris Gamble

I'm now remembering the Carolina Panthers parted ways with Chris Gamble (6-1, 195 lbs.) after 9 years with the franchise as he collected 27 interceptions, 1 sack, and 2 touchdowns returned off of interception. If the Pats were to not sign Talib to a deal, they could sign Chris Gamble.

Also, perhaps the Patriots could go after Rashean Mathis who the Jaguars informed that they were not re-signing him after 10 years in Jacksonville.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

Re: Chris Gamble

In response to millergrnv's comment:

I'm now remembering the Carolina Panthers parted ways with Chris Gamble (6-1, 195 lbs.) after 9 years with the franchise as he collected 27 interceptions, 1 sack, and 2 touchdowns returned off of interception. If the Pats were to not sign Talib to a deal, they could sign Chris Gamble.

Also, perhaps the Patriots could go after Rashean Mathis who the Jaguars informed that they were not re-signing him after 10 years in Jacksonville.

I'd be all for signing Gamble and I think he'd be the best value signing CB, as I don't see him demanding the type of money Smith or Talib are supposedly asking for.  

I like the Idea of signing a veteran like Mathis or Jammer to go with Gamble (or any “1” corner that is brought in).  I think it would turn out better than what happened here with Springs and I think either one could add great depth while being a #2/#3/Saftey type of player.

That way if Dennard doesn’t have a great 2nd year (or suspended, or in prison) they could always move one of those guys to his spot, or move McCourty back to CB and move one of those guys to FS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Gamble would be a solid move, also a Boston native

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think there are a number of interesting 'non-name' guys at CB available:

Toler, Lewis, Cason, and even Houston and DRC that are going to come in below the top of the market. And I am not sure the top of the market is really that good. None of these guys grade out as top  5 CBs in the league and all have some issues including Talib and Smith on the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just reported on twitter

Agent Carl Poston just told me that Chris Gamble informed him last night that he wants to retire. His full quote is coming next.

Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Just reported on twitter

Agent Carl Poston just told me that Chris Gamble informed him last night that he wants to retire. His full quote is coming next.

Yep just read that on rotoworld too:

Free agent CB Chris Gamble is planning to retire.

"A number of teams have expressed interest in (him)," Gamble's agent said in a statement. "However, Chris informed me last night that he wants to retire. Even though he still loves football, he told me that he's decided to focus on life after football." It's stunning news for a 30 year old who seemed to have some good football left, but could be an indication the shoulder injury that limited Gamble to four games last season was more serious than previously thought. Perpetually underrated since being the No. 28 pick of the 2004 draft, Gamble will finish his career with 27 interceptions across 123 games if he's indeed hanging up his cleats. It's possible Gamble will reconsider once training camp rolls around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Just reported on twitter

I had just read it this morning and all I can say is: "Oh well, Rashean Mathis is available"