chris johnson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from iambunty. Show iambunty's posts

chris johnson

CJ is aborting offseason workouts and supposedly ownership and him are reaching and "impasse" (SI)

now hes going to command alot of money but this guy is obviously legit, love to see him come to new england he can run like no one and catch as well

whatya think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: chris johnson

I think the Titans do not have much to be hopeful for outside CJ in their back field, they'll get something done.  No way they don't have him in their backfield this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

he has easily outplayed his contract after two seasons and deserves money... i do think its a problem in general in sports. Guys should HAVE to honor contracts but i cant blame him for wanting to get paid

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think all contracts should be incentive based for all players in all positions.  So if I get 10 sacks, I get x dollars etc

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: chris johnson:
    he has easily outplayed his contract after two seasons and deserves money... i do think its a problem in general in sports. Guys should HAVE to honor contracts but i cant blame him for wanting to get paid
    Posted by rebels1520

Owners should prepose this to the players union.  Sure we'll give you an increase if you overperform, but we'll also decrease your pay if you underperform.  Of course they would first have to create performance based metrics.

I agree with you, the players should honor their contracts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

what about the proposed rookie pay scale with all incentive/perfomance laden contracts.... if a player doesnt perform like a top 10 pick he wont make as much money over the course of a contract. but its a problem in general in sports... guys holding out because they were a late pick and had a breakout season or a guy just playing much better than the dollar amount he makes suggests

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Want Chris Johnson draft CJ Spiller there is your answer.

As for C. Johnsons issues The Titans will work it out or they are idiots... also just an aside but C. Johnson I am sure was not happy they let Crumpler walk over a hundred thousand dollars (reportedly the only difference in the offers was 100 grand and maybe a second year). So he is still po'd that his security blanket is gone. 

As for future NFL contracts I think that is something you will see. A base contract and then incentives that bring it up to what ever level of play you give. But when they do that they will have to make the base contracts guaranteed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I think all contracts should be incentive based for all players in all positions.  So if I get 10 sacks, I get x dollars etc
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I agree but it's always going to be an issue. If a player signed a 5-year incentive-laden deal and he blows out his knee in the middle of that first season, he's royally screwed. In that case, he wants security. When players like Chris Johnson signed a contract with some security, he wants more since he feels he over-performed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I don't understand why some people think players should honor a contract even if it's bad for them. Teams wont do that. If a player is underperforming he gets a pay cut or, if the team's salary cap can absorb it, he gets cut.

Teams don't honor contracts, why should players? Why the double standard? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Want Chris Johnson draft CJ Spiller there is your answer. As for C. Johnsons issues The Titans will work it out or they are idiots... also just an aside but C. Johnson I am sure was not happy they let Crumpler walk over a hundred thousand dollars (reportedly the only difference in the offers was 100 grand and maybe a second year). So he is still po'd that his security blanket is gone.  As for future NFL contracts I think that is something you will see. A base contract and then incentives that bring it up to what ever level of play you give. But when they do that they will have to make the base contracts guaranteed.
    Posted by DaBlade

while i agree he is a talented back, he had a terrible wonderlic score and i do not think he could manage to learn our playbook, after all BB's is one of the most complex.  Plus i highly doubt he will be on the board at 22

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to chris johnson:
    CJ is aborting offseason workouts and supposedly ownership and him are reaching and "impasse" (SI) now hes going to command alot of money but this guy is obviously legit, love to see him come to new england he can run like no one and catch as well whatya think?
    Posted by iambunty

after seeing santonio holmes traded for a 5th anything is possible, however i still think the chance of the titans trading chris johnson are the same as me getting struck by lightning while in a submarine at the bottom of the ocean on a clear day. (IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, he is simply too talented and still on his rookie contract, plus he is a shut up, go out and perform kind of player)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Right after we trade for Patrick Willis and DeMarcus Ware... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I have thought this for years, but my way would be slightly different than yours...

My way would be that an OG ( Position) has a set Base Pay.... along with OT / C/RB/QB/ etc...... they all have a set base pay.... OR better yet 3 tiers of base pay depending on time of service.  Anyway after that basepay they are paid incentives for the rest of their pay.  This would mean that the guy who is able to 10 sacks would get "X" amt of dollars more than the guy who got 2... but they would have a liveable wage (Base) whether they had a bad year or super year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

yeah the Titans have got themselves in a pickle

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he got 2000 yards, i say the man deserves to be paid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Right after we trade for Patrick Willis and DeMarcus Ware... 
    Posted by NickC1188

Don't forget to pick up Andre Johnson.