C.J. Spiller?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

C.J. Spiller?

I was thinking that the pats would probably have around the 25th pick in the draft and i doubt Spiller falls that far, but if he did do u think it would be a good move to take him? He could be a great replacement for Faulk and he has BIG play ability. This season at Clemson he averaged that every 7 times he touched the ball, he scored a touchdown. I think we need him because the only other way we can get big yards is to Moss but teams know this and they can take it away. Spiller would give them another option that opposing defenses would have to account for. Again, he might not fall this far, but if he does i think it would be a great pick even though we have more pressing needs (3rd WR, Pass rush, etc.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Re: C.J. Spiller?

I've gotten the pleasure of watching Spiller the past couple years when Clemson has played FSU. The kid is good......gosh darn good. He's got great instincts that every great running back needs to have. I doubt he falls that far in the draft though. Way too much talent there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I like this idea.  The Pats don't have time to draft more young defensive players and develop them.  This team's window is closing and Brady and Moss are both on the downward turns of their career.  Get a RB that can impact the team tremendously next year, not a guy thats a few years away.  They need to also use free agency.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

Living 45 minutes from Clemson, I have also been fortunate to watch Spiller during his time at Clemson U.  This kid is amazing.  He is the perfect replacement for Faulk.  He will not be an every down back, but neither is Faulk.  One thing he has over Faulk is speed.  I'm not saying Faulk isn't fast, but this kid is ridiculous.  If he has a little room, he can pull away from anybody.  Plus, this season, he ran for a touchdown, caught a touchdown, threw for a touchdown, and ran back both a punt return and kickoff return for a touchdown.  That's saying something about versatility.  The best way to describe him is a blend between Welker (on field sense and moves), Faulk (versatility), and Devin Hester (moves and speed).  Plus, if he can do all of this stuff, it reduces the chance of another potential starter (Welker, Maroney - if he is still around, etc) from getting hurt on these special teams.  I'd say trade our 1st rounder and a late rounder for him if someone will bite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Jeepguy,

Spiller is amazing isn't he?! I think you are dead on about his speed. His lightening quick moves combined with horserace speed is amazing to watch. Truly a kid with talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Patsfan,

I think the Pats would have to give up too much to move that far up in the draft. I'm not sure it would be worth it for one player. Spiller is a top 10 pick. To get in the top 10, the Pats would be looking to give up their #1 this year and #1 in 2011 to get that high up.