CJones-OUCH!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: CJones-OUCH!

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this article was posted in direct response to the Chris Jones appreciation thread that lasted for days. You cant have it both ways. I actually like the kid but I had to point out a slight when Rusty said he was more productive than Richardson. I had to put it into context.

Thats the problem here most the time. Fans fall in love with players and overrate them and start saying crazy chit. The fact is he is a good pass rusher from the DT position but ideally you want your DT to able to stop the run 1st and he gets pushed around in the run game which has led to our 31st ranked run D and will likely have a negative affect in playoffs where teams will run until you can stop it. It is what it is. Not knocking the  player but he is limited. He has been very good for us in the pass game IMO, all things considered

[/QUOTE]

this post was not a direct response. I posted this information because I enjoy looking at metric analysis to see a different picture on a player. I try to put up on this board anything I find interesting regarding the Pats, thinking others here may also find it interesting. There is only 1 idiot on this board that takes any criticism of any Patriot player other than Brady personally, but it is what it is.

I found the metric on Jones of interest because I see opposing teams running up the gut on the Pats at will, even if the other teams OL is lacking. Pitts was a perfect example. I then watched the tape, and tried to see why Pitts OL was so easily taking the PAts DT's out of the play. Pitts OL was not taking the PAts DT's out of the play, the Pats DT were taking themselves out of the play. Jones and Vellano were guessing themselves into 1 gap, leaving the 2 gap wide open for the RB to pass right thru. Soap was playing 2 gap, and held the point of attack, but Jones and vellano were giving up yards with no resistance. The DT's need to play 2 gap in this defense, leave the sacks to Chandler and Nink. IMO, if Jones gets 10-12 sacks this season, that means the Pats run defense will be in the bottom 3rd  of the entire league. Thats not how to win the SB. 

[/QUOTE]

Well yea CJ is already there so thats why you see us last in the league. My mistake for implying your post was reactionary but I dont partake in appreciation threads for players after a couple games because usually teams catch on and then you dont hear from the guy for weeks. Its nice that he helps in pass rush but like you said but if our lineman are splitting gaps instead of holding the point, thats not good but I believe they are coached that way. We saw what happened early when C.Jones was asked to play stout. He was being pushed 5 yards back every play which doesnt allow our backers to flow to the ball. I dont think it can be discounted that if u cant stop the run in the playoffs, you are toast. Doesnt have to be gaudy numbers either. If they stick to it, it can be effective with TOP and keeping our O off the field. Rusty said he was more productive than Richardson, but I know which player I would want.

Ultimately , like NOS said, you have to be able to watch football and see these things. Sure you can look at charts but his bad run D was clear to see

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All of this player rater stuff is nuts.

Sabermetrics sort of works for baseball sometimes.

These days, so many sites are trying to copy the idea and come up with their own way of rating players.

Instead, I suggest people watch the games and see how a guy plays.

[/QUOTE]

I agree watch the game and see how a guy plays...what I find interesting, is I watched that Pitts game, and thought Jones played poorly. Many on this board watched the same game, and thought he played well. I saw an inferior Pitts team control TOP and put up 479 yards on the Pats defense. Others saw Jones have a tackle for a loss. Of course the entire picture was not on Jones. But after watching the game, I thought Soap played to a grade B+, Jones played to a grade C and Vellano played to a grade D. Yet many here want to annoit Jones DROY and feel he is playing great.

I see an UDFA doing his best in a defense that is not best suited to his skills, playing his butt off trying to repklace 2 All Pros. I applaud his effrot every week, but he is not getting the job done imo. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All of this player rater stuff is nuts.

Sabermetrics sort of works for baseball sometimes.

These days, so many sites are trying to copy the idea and come up with their own way of rating players.

Instead, I suggest people watch the games and see how a guy plays.

[/QUOTE]

I agree watch the game and see how a guy plays...what I find interesting, is I watched that Pitts game, and thought Jones played poorly. Many on this board watched the same game, and thought he played well. I saw an inferior Pitts team control TOP and put up 479 yards on the Pats defense. Others saw Jones have a tackle for a loss. Of course the entire picture was not on Jones. But after watching the game, I thought Soap played to a grade B+, Jones played to a grade C and Vellano played to a grade D. Yet many here want to annoit Jones DROY and feel he is playing great.

I see an UDFA doing his best in a defense that is not best suited to his skills, playing his butt off trying to repklace 2 All Pros. I applaud his effrot every week, but he is not getting the job done imo. 

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure there has been more interior D Line discombobulation than here in NE this year in the NFL.

Yet, your supposed "grading" system which is always slanted negatively towards the non-star players on the Pats is somehow supposed to be taken seriously?

Ironic....Alex Smith is also on this list and currently has his usual 2:1TD/INT ratio on a 9-0 team.

[/QUOTE]

not sure what Vince and Kelly being out has top do with how Jones played?  

the "grading system", is not mine, but PFF's, which is well respected and universally used. Like or dislike metrics, that is an individuals perogative. For me, it gives me an unbiased grade on a player that plays a tough position to play. Again, I go to metrics as I watch this guy play, and the opposing team is continuously putting up heavy yards on the ground...

I see a role for Jons on this team, and down the road, but not as a DT getting regular snaps. Surely if the $$$ work for everyone, I would say a DT rotation next year of Vince, TK, Soap and Jones would be one of strength. But imo Jones is a situational guy at best.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe your point of view is called "objective".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not sure there has been more interior D Line discombobulation than here in NE this year in the NFL.

Yet, your supposed "grading" system which is always slanted negatively towards the non-star players on the Pats is somehow supposed to be taken seriously?

Ironic....Alex Smith is also on this list and currently has his usual 2:1TD/INT ratio on a 9-0 team.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe his grading system only gives credit for actual play, and doesn't give guys extra credit for being rookies, UDFAs or anything else that has no effect on actual play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe his grading system only gives credit for actual play, and doesn't give guys extra credit for being rookies, UDFAs or anything else that has no effect on actual play.

[/QUOTE]

Which means you need to take into account contexts since we are dealing other factors at play and the human element.

INstead of saying "Ouch Chris Jones", it should be "these numbers don't reflect his strong play so far".

RKrap is a troll. He probably spent hours searching for something that could be perceived as negative on Jones, simply because many here like what he's done so far and the fact he is outproducing the overrated Sheldon Richardson, a Jets player who RKrap is overrating to promote the Jets as an ESPN employee.

[/QUOTE]

spent hours? how about simply looking over the PFF game grades for games that are of interest to me? TTTT I did not even look at the Jets game on the PFF recap. Additionally, I could give 2 craps about Richardson, other than he intrigued me as a Pats pick

Why do you turn any interesting or fun thread to mush? No need to stamp your personal attacks and name calling on every thread you look at..move along Alice, nothing to see on my threads that would interest you.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

So? Bring him in third downs and take out Vellano because you can't EVER have too many pass-rushers. Simple, end of. You'd think a team that would be 5-0 in SBs if they didn't have to face an elite pass-rushing DL would know that by now.

How did Arrington escape being the worst?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which means you need to take into account contexts since we are dealing other factors at play and the human element.

INstead of saying "Ouch Chris Jones", it should be "these numbers don't reflect his strong play so far".

RKrap is a troll. He probably spent hours searching for something that could be perceived as negative on Jones, simply because many here like what he's done so far and the fact he is outproducing the overrated Sheldon Richardson, a Jets player who RKrap is overrating to promote the Jets as an ESPN employee.

[/QUOTE]

I DID put your words(C.Jones has outproduced Richardson) into context. You're welcome.

Read it and weep Homer Simpson

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1838117-sheldon-richardson-a-surprising-candidate-for-defensive-rookie-of-the-year

"As a pass-rusher, he has created 19 total pressures this season (13 hurries, three hits, three sacks)."

"That pass-rushing ability should come as no surprise to anyone who scouted Richardson coming out of school. Here, he shows his ability to penetrate the gap with an impressive burst off the line, followed by a dip of the shoulder, a flip of the hips and a quick turn upfield."

"This season, PFF indicates that Richardson has 18 stuffed runs, which is tied for third-most in the league"

I like C.Jones but agree he should be used on situations, namely passing downs. He is liability vs the run. I will take a player that can do BOTH over a player that can do ONE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. NO , not a Jets fan but I know talent and I dont overate our players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I DID put your words(C.Jones has outproduced Richardson) into context. You're welcome.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1838117-sheldon-richardson-a-surprising-candidate-for-defensive-rookie-of-the-year

[/QUOTE]

NY media and hype. Read that and weep.

If Chris Jones is outproducing Richardsona and Richardson can't rush with teams focusing on Wilkerson, how is Richardson the "leading candidate"?

LMAO

Wouldn't it make it Chris Jones as the leading candidate, too?

[/QUOTE]

You didnt even read it. How is it media hype when its backed by stats. Look the guy should be better. We are talking 1st round vs 6th round. NO slight on Jones, just stating facts and as usual you look dum again for overrating our defensive players. He not only does more in the run, he is also more effective vs the pass but sacks dont always tell the numbers. Pressures, Qb hits, etc, count too. Wasnt it BB who said that?  LMAO!  Game over Rusty. Move along

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Chris Jones is outproducing Richardsona and Richardson can't rush with teams focusing on Wilkerson, how is Richardson the "leading candidate"?

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

this article was written by Eric Frenz, who covers the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DONE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Travis-Bickle. Show Travis-Bickle's posts

Jones is a nice player and doing a fine job, but he's not in the same league as SR.  Imagine how much better the D-line would be with Richardonson in NE.   It is not common for a rookie DT to make such an impact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Travis-Bickle. Show Travis-Bickle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is also a self proclaimed Pats fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Travis-Bickle. Show Travis-Bickle's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Travis-Bickle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jones is a nice player and doing a fine job, but he's not in the same league as SR.  Imagine how much better the D-line would be with Richardonson in NE.   It is not common for a rookie DT to make such an impact.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise.   Chris Jones is OUTPRODUCING RIchardson. Fact.

Read it and weep.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not buschise. But how do you figure that Jones is outproducing Richardson? I've only seen SR play 3 or 4 times this year, but he consistently blows up plays.  I don't see that with Jones.  Don't get me wrong, I like the addition of Jones given the state of the DL.  I would just rather have Richardson.  Who wouldn't?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read it and weep.

[/QUOTE]

when you say Jones is out producing Richardson, read it and weep, other than having 2.5 more sacks than Richardson, can you point to any statistical info that indicates Jones is better? If you simply use your eyes, dont you see Jones letting RB's freely run to the 2nd level?

the point of me posting this piece, was that I do see RB's getting to the 2nd level too frequesntly. This evidence I posted indicates why

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DONE!

[/QUOTE]

I don't care where someone writes.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm, more lies from you today??  Does your nose arrive 5 minutes before you do?

You come here daily and post articles WRITTEN by anyone who agrees with you and NOW.....its I dont care where someone writes??  Yea OK! Now what would you have said if someone posted an article by a jets fan?

FRAUD

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The question is, "Who would coach/gm BB want on his defensive line more Chris Jones or Sheldon Richardson?" 

He'd probably salivate over just the thought of having Richardson.

CJ has done a fine job for his size, draft status etc. but let's be real.  He's no Sheldon Richardson.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

when you say Jones is out producing Richardson, read it and weep, other than having 2.5 more sacks than Richardson, can you point to any statistical info that indicates Jones is better? If you simply use your eyes, dont you see Jones letting RB's freely run to the 2nd level?

the point of me posting this piece, was that I do see RB's getting to the 2nd level too frequesntly. This evidence I posted indicates why

[/QUOTE]

By "the 2nd level", do you mean "Team B"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The question is, "Who would coach/gm BB want on his defensive line more Chris Jones or Sheldon Richardson?" 

He'd probably salivate over just the thought of having Richardson.

CJ has done a fine job for his size, draft status etc. but let's be real.  He's no Sheldon Richardson.

[/QUOTE]

Thats all I was saying but some people..... cant see past their long pinnochio nose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read it and weep.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tackles for loss entering last week's game.   Pass D/pass rush.  Points allowed as a team.

Jones would be exceedingly superior of Vince did not get hurt, too.  If Wilkerson got hurt, would Richardson be on par with Jones's production?   Unlikely.

[/QUOTE]

so you are totally ignoring his poor run defense, and totally ignoring any reasonable metrics out there that grade DLmen? So your premise is because Jones has 2.5 more sacks, and more tackles for losses, and because Vince is out, that Jones is having a better year? Fair enough. You are in the singular minority as usual, but you certainly are entitled to your opinion...

It appears the anti BB media has taken a turn to anti Jones media...

Is it at all with in your ability to answer truthfully? Who would you rather have on the DL between these 2 guys?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read it and weep.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tackles for loss entering last week's game.   Pass D/pass rush.  Points allowed as a team.

Jones would be exceedingly superior of Vince did not get hurt, too.  If Wilkerson got hurt, would Richardson be on par with Jones's production?   Unlikely.

[/QUOTE]

so you are totally ignoring his poor run defense, and totally ignoring any reasonable metrics out there that grade DLmen? So your premise is because Jones has 2.5 more sacks, and more tackles for losses, and because Vince is out, that Jones is having a better year? Fair enough. You are in the singular minority as usual, but you certainly are entitled to your opinion...

Is it at all with in your ability to answer truthfully? Who would you rather have on the DL between these 2 guys?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the run defense is poor.  I think two rookies are trying to learn to play together and they're not in college anymore.  A work in progress at the position.  

Yes, Jones has been as impressive as Richardson, thrown into the fire and under more adverse conditions (def front injuries).

YES.

Can't change facts or reality, RKrap.

[/QUOTE]

a work in progress is the worst run d in the nfl

so who do you take? Richardson or Jones...today and the next 3 years?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read it and weep.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the run defense is poor.  I think two rookies are trying to learn to play together and they're not in college anymore.  A work in progress at the position.  

Yes, Jones has been as impressive as Richardson, thrown into the fire and under more adverse conditions (def front injuries).

YES.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say our team has the worst run D in the NFL?  bawhahaha!

You certainly don't watch football on Sundays, that is for sure.

[/QUOTE]

who do u take?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

agree with everyone who says the article a cheap shot.

he is a rookie, 6th round, and playing with heart

if he is ranked 56th run, 42nd pass why not write about the 56th-73rd players who are worse?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read it and weep.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

YES.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say our team has the worst run D in the NFL?  bawhahaha!

You certainly don't watch football on Sundays, that is for sure.

[/QUOTE]

who do u take?

[/QUOTE]

Good question.  Based on Jones's immediate impact here on the fly, off the street without Vince, that's a very good question.

I am actually interested in seeing Vince next year with this kid back in here.

[/QUOTE]

your avoidance of the question is delicious Alice