clasic BB. You just have to laugh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

clasic BB. You just have to laugh

at the presser a short while ago;

Reporter question: "Why didnt Wilfork play last night?" 

BB reply with a straight face: "because we didn't put him in"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: clasic BB. You just have to laugh

I find it amazing that reporters even show up for BB press conferences after games anymore. Are they actually expecting anything worth printing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I absolutely love his pressers. He loves toying w/ journalists. Although he always seemed to like Albert Breer, he sometimes called Breer by his 1st name answering his questions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

he learned from the Master

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I find it amazing that reporters even show up for BB press conferences after games anymore. Are they actually expecting anything worth printing?

I find it amazing they show up to Eli pressers.  I think the boycot w as classic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no, that is not true. I have been to pressers of both coaches. Parcells is Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde...sometimes very friendly, sometimes very agitated. When agitated, he is down right mean. WHen friendly, he comes across as phony. BB is the same vanilla every time. every so often amusing, usually condescending. 99% of the time, he will never, never even offer up a morsel to the media. as BB famously said, it is what it is. As Parcells famously said, you are what you are.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just like the way Belichick hasn't answered a single question from Steve Burton in ten years. Tim Burton would have better luck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I just like the way Belichick hasn't answered a single question from Steve Burton in ten years. Tim Burton would have better luck.

The halftime question from Burton was pretty awkward at best.  Paraphrasing... Can you beleive in a pre-season game he asked about what his fathers influence was when dealing with the type of  adversity they had in the first half. BB answer was prceless... got take it one play at a time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I love it.

Love it.

It's such a stupid question. God forbid an All Pro 31 year old NT, your best player on D, the heart and soul of the D Line, who is making the team, doesn't take reps in a preseason game.

That is Exhibit A why the people (most of them) asking BB questions, are morons.  Sorry, but can I get paid to be a moron and ask BB questions?

Ugh.

An All Pro 36 year old QB, yoru best player on O, the heart and soul of the entire franchise, who is making the team, took reps in a preseason game.

Wondering why Wilfork didn't is legit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

I love it.

Love it.

It's such a stupid question. God forbid an All Pro 31 year old NT, your best player on D, the heart and soul of the D Line, who is making the team, doesn't take reps in a preseason game.

That is Exhibit A why the people (most of them) asking BB questions, are morons.  Sorry, but can I get paid to be a moron and ask BB questions?

Ugh.

An All Pro 36 year old QB, yoru best player on O, the heart and soul of the entire franchise, who is making the team, took reps in a preseason game.

Wondering why Wilfork didn't is legit.

[/QUOTE]

I think getting Brady reps with his rookie wideouts and tightend is more important than Big Vince taking a preseason game off at the nose position.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I think getting Brady reps with his rookie wideouts and tightend is more important than Big Vince taking a preseason game off at the nose position.

I agree that it's important for Brady to be in there, but he and Wilfork are mutually exclusive in this conversation.  Wondering why Wilfork didn't play seems like a reasonable question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

The halftime question from Burton was pretty awkward at best.  Paraphrasing... Can you beleive in a pre-season game he asked about what his fathers influence was when dealing with the type of  adversity they had in the first half. BB answer was prceless... got take it one play at a time.

[/QUOTE]

I agree...couldn't believe he asked that. I think what Steve has started to figure out is that Belichick isn't going to answer anything, so he figures, why not ask him anything? Next week he's going to ask him if his mom ever would consider making out with Bob Kraft...Belichick will answer, "I think there was some good things and some things we need to work on".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

no, that is not true. I have been to pressers of both coaches. Parcells is Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde...sometimes very friendly, sometimes very agitated. When agitated, he is down right mean. WHen friendly, he comes across as phony. BB is the same vanilla every time. every so often amusing, usually condescending. 99% of the time, he will never, never even offer up a morsel to the media. as BB famously said, it is what it is. As Parcells famously said, you are what you are.  

nah sorry-been watching parcells press conferences since 1983 -doesn't trust the press and talks with them reluctantly and though he comes across with a little personality while bellichick has zero and acts robotically the end result is the same: he gives them nothing of importance and a lot of non-answers while making his underlying derision just concealed...just b/c bellichick has a different way of speaking to them -or not speaking to them-has little to do with the final result-bellichick learned how to deal with the media from watching parcells do it for years-as well as learning how to draft and be a head coach

as i famously said , no parcells no bellichick

Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Wow. You're correct yet again. Not bad for a troll. Good job calling out that Giants troll for trying to link Parcells's cart to the REAL master.

no parcells no bellichick-repeat till it sinks in

Kiss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree...couldn't believe he asked that. I think what Steve has started to figure out is that Belichick isn't going to answer anything, so he figures, why not ask him anything? Next week he's going to ask him if his mom ever would consider making out with Bob Kraft...Belichick will answer, "I think there was some good things and some things we need to work on".

[/QUOTE]

LMAO... I know people here think he is being arrogant but I just think he tries his best to minimize distractions and it just comes off as aloof and arrogant. Not that he cares about how he is percieved in the media but he has some cetain aspergers like characteristics that just come across as mean arrogant and aloof.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

he is what he is.  I hear he has a great sense of humor. So, his media days are probably a long standing joke for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Inokea4coolaid's comment:

he is what he is.  I hear he has a great sense of humor. So, his media days are probably a long standing joke for him.

actually he does seem like a pretty decent guy with a sense of humor away from the press

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The real "classic"  BB  in that press conference was Belichick's explanation of the pluses and minuses of using two TEs versus one TE and a FB.  BB is super good and willing to talk at length if you ask him general football questions and not questions about his own team, the answers to which might give away information he wants to keep from his competitors.  You can learn a ton about football, though, listening to BB's press conferences when reporters ask more general questions because no coach is as forthcoming or expansive as Belichick when asked about general football topics or the history of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Wow. You're correct yet again. Not bad for a troll. Good job calling out that Giants troll for trying to link Parcells's cart to the REAL master.

no parcells no bellichick-repeat till it sinks in

Kiss

Other way around. Parcells was about to be fired with NY until he promoted BB to defensive coordinator.

FACT

Your revisionist history won't work. Also, BB was in the NFL well before Parcells.

BB was trained by his father as well, scouting for Navy at the age of 12.

Case closed. Not debatable. Parcells never accomplished much of anything in this league without BB by his side.

Case closed again.

give it up Russ...when BB himself calls Parcells a "mentor" and only got his first HC job after working under Parcells and getting Parcells direct recommendation to Art Modell ur skating on ur usual thin ice...Bellichick learned how to be a Head Coach, how to draft, how to run a practice and how to deal with the press from the Master

i know u think Bellichick invented football but not quite!