Classy Jests fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Classy Jests fans

"Classy" Jests fans harrass Darrelle Revis, while Revis confirms what we all knew; its all about the money. "when one fan asked him early in November if the $16 million he was earning on a losing team was better than the $12 million he’d be making with the 5-4 Jets. Revis replied that it was.

Darrelle Revis says bitter Jets fans won’t leave him alone on Twitter

By Doug Farrar

You’d think that Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis would have been happy with his new surroundings on Monday night. After all, his team got off the schnied with a 22-19 win over the Miami Dolphins, and Revis took in the fourth-quarter interception that ended Miami’s last attempt at a comeback. But after the game, Revis told Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post that he’s got a beef with the same New York Jets fans who cheered for him when he was the team’s best player from 2007 through ’11.

“I get harassed every day on Twitter [by Jets fans], and I barely even tweet. And you just get tired of it,” Revis told Hubbuch. “You’ve got to have a backbone, because guys are saying, ‘F–k you!’ and ‘I want to kill you!’ It’s crazy, but I’ve been getting death threats from them since my first holdout [in 2010]. It’s just bitter Jets fans.”

Revis missed most of the 2012 season with an ACL injury, and new Jets general manager John Idzik seemed non-committal about Revis’ future with the team from the start. After a lot of contentious comments back and forth, the Jets traded Revis to the Buccaneers for Tampa Bay’s first-round pick in the 2013 draft. The Jets used that pick on Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, a serious contender for Defensive Rookie of the Year. The Jets, however, took Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner with their own first-round pick, and Milliner has not performed well to date.

Revis, now in the first year of a six-year, $96 million contract, is essentially playing year-to-year for the rest of his NFL career, because there is no guaranteed money in the deal. Still, he says, Jets fans see him as money-hungry, and they’re not shy about expressing their feelings on social media. This escalated when one fan asked him early in November if the $16 million he was earning on a losing team was better than the $12 million he’d be making with the 5-4 Jets. Revis replied that it was.

“They’re still not over the fact that I’m not there no more, and they give me crap all the time on Twitter,” Revis said. “If they would understand the business of it and understand what happened, then maybe they would know and maybe they would quit trying to point the finger at me. That’s where it is.

“[...] It don’t help with the record [the Buccaneers have], but at the same time, just let it go. I’m not there no more, Jets fans. I’m not there. When I left, I left with class. I didn’t leave saying, ‘Eff the Jets organization’ or anything like that. You’ve got to move on.”

Revis has, but some fans of his old team certainly haven’t.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/12/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-fans-twitter/?sct=obinsite

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Classy Jests fans

Jetsbfans are such losers, only they would act like being 5-4 is being on top of the world. WHAT MORONS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Oh that is so stinkin cute. You guys ard now so concerned with Revis' feelings. Shall we post some of the many receng bashings of Richard Seymore that are still going on how many years later. 

Maybe we should post that video of the Chelsea skank that went to the meadowlands to start a fight when the Patz lost but ended up taking a beating and then getting arrested. Now that's classy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jetsbfans are such losers, only they would act like being 5-4 is being on top of the world. WHAT MORONS!

[/QUOTE]

c'mon it's not like any of them spend all day on an oppossing teams fan forum trying to tell anyone who will listen how wonderful their team is becasue they jumped 20 slots to #12 in the power rankings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

c'mon it's not like any of them spend all day on an oppossing teams fan forum trying to tell anyone who will listen how wonderful their team is becasue they jumped 20 slots to #12 in the power rankings.

[/QUOTE]

+1000

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Jets fans are morons, we know that. But so is Revis, apparently. If it's bothering him that much, why does he bother reading it? Am I missing something here, he's not contractually obligated to pay attention to Twitter is he? Or to even be on Twitter. It's optional isn't it? You'd think he'd have better things to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow even Revis is getting hazed by the fans.  Maybe a group hug will help everyone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

death threats? seriously nuts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh that is so stinkin cute. You guys ard now so concerned with Revis' feelings. Shall we post some of the many receng bashings of Richard Seymore that are still going on how many years later. 

Maybe we should post that video of the Chelsea skank that went to the meadowlands to start a fight when the Patz lost but ended up taking a beating and then getting arrested. Now that's classy

[/QUOTE]

Who's Richard Seymore?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Funny that nobody can find these threats on his twitter feed.  I think he is trying to deflect from the comments he made about cashing in on a winless 1 win team rather than taking less $ to stay on the Jets.  Not that I blame him for taking the money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny that nobody can find these threats on his twitter feed.  I think he is trying to deflect from the comments he made about cashing in on a winless 1 win team rather than taking less $ to stay on the Jets.  Not that I blame him for taking the money.

[/QUOTE]

Whether or not these threats actually exist is not the point.  The point is Patriot fans are now feeling terrible for the plight of poor Revis while forgetting their distain for their own DE traded to Oakland when they are still not over him 5 years later.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Jets fans really are degenerates. I've never met a normal well-adjusted jets fan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

Jets fans really are degenerates. I've never met a normal well-adjusted jets fan

Try making your way out of Brockton on occasion.  There's a whole world out there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A few exist...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

When THIS is your last Super Bowl memory..............................enuff said.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Jets fans............cross dressing since J Edgar Hoover.............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

c'mon. evey team in every sport has fans that are going to do dumb things. to paint a broad stroke with 1 brush is foolish...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

c'mon. evey team in every sport has fans that are going to do dumb things. to paint a broad stroke with 1 brush is foolish...

[/QUOTE]

Oh you going to play the reasonable adult

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Someone should have explained to Revis when he signed with the Jest that according to West Side Story Theme Song he is now a Jet for the Rest of his life!  Oh and according to Paul McCarteny that makes him a Suffering Jet!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When THIS is your last Super Bowl memory..............................enuff said.....

[/QUOTE]

Until 2000, the Pats hadn't won any.  This is the worst put down for any fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh you going to play the reasonable adult

[/QUOTE]

I should have read who posted the o/p....Quagmire, figures. The king of say nothing. You already know who his queenie is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1