Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Clear case for the DEATH PENALTY!

Heads on a pike if u ask me.  Plant the pikes on the outskirts, by Miss Liberty so all the cowards can see them before they try to tread on us. 

God Bless America!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I just don't want to see a Bobby Lee Swaggart situation. I'm far from a liberal infact if you go to the other end of the spectrum I might be found there. With the technology in use in and around Boyleston street one of the zillion cameras had to catch the schmuck(s) who were responsible for this cowardly act. Catch them and put them on display for the world to see!!! Playtimes over ! However don't allow them the glorification they are seeking,cut their damn tongues out for starters so they can't shout out their names! No Gitmo! No housing at the local jail ! There rights are effectively cancelled. I don't care what f'n civil rights are infringed upon! If a nation claims the responsibility then let them pay the consequences,A Bomb from ARod!!!! Hopefully with a little help from a well placed camera they will be found.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Yeah I'd like to see a Jack Bauer type catch them one at a time and work his way through them until he finds the last one.  If youve ever watched 24 you know what happens and these cowards who committed this attack deserve nothing but pain and death.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"you kids watch too much tv and read too much fiction."

And yet with your love of reality, you were the one who, after the incident, posted the most clueless and out of touch posts on this forum about the event. To top it off you actually had the nerve to question someone posting about it here as if this local tragedy had any basis of comparison with your political drivel. IGNORE

@Commie in my opinion the death penalty is not what defines liberals on these issues. You saw very little "liberal" protest to the killing of Bin Laden for example. I think your analysis is off. It's highly unlikely a 14 year old could pull off an attack of this sophistication so it's almost 100 percent it's an adult we are talking about here. 

A more difficult debate for the death penalty would be school shootings where younger students pulled the trigger. But then they rarely survive so it's a moot point. 

In my mind what defines the difference here is folks who can look past angry vengeance and figure out the roots of these acts and how to undermine and get rid of the root causes. Too often there is a division between those who want immediate revenge (which may be satisfying but doesn't solve the long term threat), and those who want to solve the long term problems in a more holistic way that includes a military response but maybe other responses too (mental health, economic development, etc). There's no reason why there has to be a massive wall between the two. I want vengeance, damn straight, but I also want smart people trying to solve these problems over the long term, and apprehend those behind the ideology that supports these kinds of attacks and so on...I also want less sensational rumor driven infotainment news coverage. Yuck.

For now honestly I am less about vengeance (that may come later) and more about wanting to know more about who did this and why. Then, we gotta take them out! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The best way to respond to violence is more violence? Problem with America right now is there's too much anger and too many people wanting to solve problems by arming themselves and lashing out.  Time to walk back from the cliff in my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If it was a group act I say find those who commited the act and behead them. If they have training camps fly a C-17 over the camp and drop the heads onto them with notes simply saying "you're next" 

Yes violence creates more violence but these people don't care. If we appear weak through non action it will only strengthen their view that Americans are weak and can easily be attacked. I don't care where, who, or what race/religion they are all these terrorists know is to cause fear. The only way to get them to stop is to make them so scared they won't come out of whatever hole they come out of. And I'm not talking about the mindless pawns that commit the attacks I'm talking about the leaders who plan them and wouldn't risk their own lives. Make them so scared they won't even think about the notion of attacking us. Time to go back to the black ops days where whole families would disappear overnight 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I don't hink the death penalty is appropriate.

I think when they catch these guys something like out of the movie the human cenitpede would be more appropriate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

repost..i got rid of double

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

There's a culture growing in America where the response to violence is more violence.  Should anybody be surprised that America is becoming steadily more violent? You can't scare these psychos out of doing these kinds of things.  But you can build a society with less fear and anger, more respect for others, greater commitment to due process, and generally a more positive outlook.  Unfortunately, I see the opposite in America.  Instead of backing away frim violence, there's a clamoring for more killing, either through due process (death penalty) or without due process ("black ops"). It mirrors the gun debate, where the response to gun violence is more guns.   I'm sure the perpetrators of this crime thought they were "taking justice into their own hands" too.  If there's anything that needs to be put to death it's the idea that responding to violence with more violence makes society safer or better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

There's a culture growing in America where the response to violence is more violence.  Should anybody be surprised that America is becoming steadily more violent? You can't scare these psychos out of doing these kinds of things.  But you can build a society with less fear and anger, more respect for others, greater commitment to due process, and generally a more positive outlook.  Unfortunately, I see the opposite in America.  Instead of backing away frim violence, there's a clamoring for more killing, either through due process (death penalty) or without due process ("black ops"). It mirrors the gun debate, where the response to gun violence is more guns.   I'm sure the perpetrators of this crime thought they were "taking justice into their own hands" too.  If there's anything that needs to be put to death it's the idea that responding to violence with more violence makes society safer or better.

And what would you have people do, stand back and do nothing? That won't stop these events either. Bunkering down and living in fear hoping something like this doesn't happen again never works. If we see terrorist groups getting ready to attack what should we attack them with words and hope they don't kill more people? Teddy Roosevelt had it right all along carry a big stick and speak softly. Basically try to prevent with words, but those words only carry weight when you are prepared to back them up with force. Now is the time to flex that force not a time to say, don't do it again or you'll be sorry. Empty words with no backing are useless

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Commie's trash removed again... what a loser

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

And what would you have people do, stand back and do nothing? That won't stop these events either. Bunkering down and living in fear hoping something like this doesn't happen again never works. If we see terrorist groups getting ready to attack what should we attack them with words and hope they don't kill more people? Teddy Roosevelt had it right all along carry a big stick and speak softly. Basically try to prevent with words, but those words only carry weight when you are prepared to back them up with force. Now is the time to flex that force not a time to say, don't do it again or you'll be sorry. Empty words with no backing are useless

Trials work fine.  We are creating a society where even the good people do not respect rule of law and have come to accept the premise that the only way to deal with these kinds of actions is through extrajudicial means--whether they be black ops or torture or summary execution or vigilanteeism.  What disturbs me is when even the good people think extrajudicial violence is the way to respond to a real or perceived injustice, what can we expect from the bad?  The idea that due process doesn't work and justice must be taken into one's own hands permeates American culture and leads to a society where every nut who perceives a grievance thinks responding violently is heroic.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Trials work fine.  We are creating a society where even the good people do not respect rule of law and have come to accept the premise that the only way to deal with these kinds of actions is through extrajudicial means--whether they be black ops or torture or summary execution or vigilanteeism.  What disturbs me is when even the good people think extrajudicial violence is the way to respond to a real or perceived injustice, what can we expect from the bad?  The idea that due process doesn't work and justice must be taken into one's own hands permeates American culture and leads to a society where every nut who perceives a grievance thinks responding violently is heroic.

if someone is in my house with a gun and I have the means to fight back you bet I'm not going to hesistate and let courts rule it out. If someone threatens the death of my family then I'm going to take action before it happens. Courts are only good for after the fact or if they mess up and caught before they can carry it out. But, here's what some of them think over there this morning:

"O Allah, put fear in their hearts and make them die from fear and horror."

"By Allah, even if no one is killed in these explosions, the fear that entered the hearts of the millions of Americans who watched the marathon live on television is enough."

"It might be the start of big coming operations, Allah permitting."

Now tell me they are people you can deal with logic and court systems. These people don't care if they get arrested and given a trial they only want our blood and nothing less will stop them. They need to be stopped before they can cause more damage not given a trial after they accomplished their goal. I will guarantee who ever commited this act is looked upon as a hero over there and others will take up their cause. Tell me Pro, if someone broke into your families home screaming that they are going to kill your family would you just sit back and let it happen knowing they'll get their day in court our will you fight to save your family from getting killed to begin with even if that means killing the intruder himself never giving them their day in court?

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/04/16/muslims-celebrate-with-sweets-praise-to-allah-over-boston-bombing-62151

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

double post

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

If it was a group act I say find those who commited the act and behead them. If they have training camps fly a C-17 over the camp and drop the heads onto them with notes simply saying "you're next" 

Yes violence creates more violence but these people don't care. If we appear weak through non action it will only strengthen their view that Americans are weak and can easily be attacked. I don't care where, who, or what race/religion they are all these terrorists know is to cause fear. The only way to get them to stop is to make them so scared they won't come out of whatever hole they come out of. And I'm not talking about the mindless pawns that commit the attacks I'm talking about the leaders who plan them and wouldn't risk their own lives. Make them so scared they won't even think about the notion of attacking us. Time to go back to the black ops days where whole families would disappear overnight 

look at you pushing your political agenda. what a hypocrite... and what a pyscho! there aren't any suspects and you are already pushing your islamophobic agenda. seriously, you are sick dude. a sick hypocrite.

I did not post one thing about muslims or fear of them. I did however posts comments by extremists. I have zero against muslims and are friends with some what I do have a hatred for is the extremist who want to take their anger and hatred out on innocent victims. They deserve no mercy in my eyes as they are not human. It's funny the only one who's mention even the slightest that all muslims are at fault is you assuming this is islamphobic and not a statement against the extremists regardless of religion but maybe my statement of "I don't care where, who, or what race/religion they are" confused you

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not surprised you feel that way Eng.  A lot of Americans do.  It's one reason America is increasingly violent.  I'm sure whoever this criminal was felt the same way.  Someone was wronging him and he wasn't going to address the issue in a civil way.  No not him.  He wasn't going to be pushed around--he was going to take matters in his own hands and blow people up.

Also, why are you assuming this was a Muslim terrorist and not some American "patriot" like Tim McVeigh? Given the date, I think the latter is actually abit more likely, though I wouldn't be surprised by either--or by something altogether different.  We don't know yet and there's no reason to start jumping to conclusions.  Another reason trials are good by the way . . .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not surprised you feel that way Eng.  A lot of Americans do.  It's one reason America is increasingly violent.  I'm sure whoever this criminal was felt the same way.  Someone was wronging him and he wasn't going to address the issue in a civil way.  No not him.  He wasn't going to be pushed around--he was going to take matters in his own hands and blow people up.

Also, why are you assuming this was a Muslim terrorist and not some American "patriot" like Tim McVeigh? Given the date, I think the latter is actually abit more likely, though I wouldn't be surprised by either--or by something altogether different.  We don't know yet and there's no reason to start jumping to conclusions.  Another reason trials are good by the way . . .

I assumed nothing. I never once said he was Muslim and have said I don't care what, where, race, or religion they are I want to prevent all of it. The quotes were directly from an extremist faction of muslims as proof that there are people in this world who want our blood and need to be stopped before they can enact it. As far as I know it was a home made terrorist and I want those people stopped before they can carry out there plans too. I can tell you if I had a gun and with one shot prevented the tragedy from happening regardless if the guy commiting the act was Irish, Middle Eastern, Asian, Russian, or Martian for all I care I would take that shot and not give them the chance to carry about there plan while I tried to capture them for a trial