Coach of the Year Candidates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Coach of the Year Candidates

Well . . .   nobody in any position to vote on this award or report about it is going to come right out and say what you and I and a lot of other people can clearly see:

Kansas City is a mirage.

Still and all, you ignore the meaningless numbers at your peril. Once Denver bashes the Chefs twice in the coming weeks, we may revisit this discussion, but suggest that anyone other than Reid "deserves" this award and you run the risk of incurring the wrath of the marginally informed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

If the Chiefs make the playoffs, I think Reid should get it just because they only won 2 games last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

It almost has to be Reid. I know KC isn't perfect, but they are pretty darn good.  They were 2-14 last year, and 9-0 to begin this season.  That is unreal.  Tremendous job by Reid, regardless of how they finish.  That said, BB has been terrific this year as well.  To be 7-2 at the bye in spite of all the injuries and roster turnover that we have dealt with is really impressive too.  Lets hope we finish strong and that BB is firmly in this conversation at the end of the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It almost has to be Reid. I know KC isn't perfect, but they are pretty darn good.  They were 2-14 last year, and 9-0 to begin this season.  That is unreal.  Tremendous job by Reid, regardless of how they finish.  That said, BB has been terrific this year as well.  To be 7-2 at the bye in spite of all the injuries and roster turnover that we have dealt with is really impressive too.  Lets hope we finish strong and that BB is firmly in this conversation at the end of the season.

[/QUOTE]

True. It seems like BB puts on a magic show every year with injuries piling up but this year has been insane

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Of course Rusty will be posting a BB thread.  How are thos BB undies smelling?

Thanks goodness TFB is still at QB, otherwise BB wouldn't be mentioned right now as a COY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Does anyone besides me think it's funny that we have this "overcoming injuries" discussion every season and nobody (except me, apparently) ever stops to question why the Pats -- who are so wonderfully coached -- are almost always at or near the top of the league in player-games lost to injury?

Could it really just be bad luck . . .  or is it possible that there is some physical explanation as to why New England's  team-wide conditioning is routinely suspect?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

someone predicted the Jets to win 2 games this year, so based on seasn to date, how can Rex not be in the convo?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I think Rob Chudzinski should be added to the list.

Kept his team on track after the Richardson trade and has them winning WITHOUT a QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bill Belichick. Period.

No other coach can do what he does, with what he has to work with. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Rob Chudzinski should be added to the list.

Kept his team on track after the Richardson trade and has them winning WITHOUT a QB.

[/QUOTE]

Good point. Add him to the list.  Can you imagine if they were to win that division?

[/QUOTE]

Based on the current state of the Steelers and Ravens I could see them finishing 2nd and if Cincy has any more key injuries... you never know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Agreed. ANd when KC slaps the Donkos, I think it makes it even more clear.  

[/QUOTE]

Care to wager on that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course Rusty will be posting a BB thread.  How are thos BB undies smelling?

Thanks goodness TFB is still at QB, otherwise BB wouldn't be mentioned right now as a COY.

[/QUOTE]

Hey TFB12....Do you always get your Welkie autographed panties in white?  bawhahah

[/QUOTE]

How are those BB undies smelling tonight Rusty?  Hahahaha!

Bottoms up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Care to wager on that?

[/QUOTE]

Rusty never bets.  He never plays any of the contests here.  He can not handle losing. Hahaha!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone besides me think it's funny that we have this "overcoming injuries" discussion every season and nobody (except me, apparently) ever stops to question why the Pats -- who are so wonderfully coached -- are almost always at or near the top of the league in player-games lost to injury?

Could it really just be bad luck . . .  or is it possible that there is some physical explanation as to why New England's  team-wide conditioning is routinely suspect?

[/QUOTE]

Every year, every team has injuries. It just appears that way.

In fact, I find it amazing we have not been burned by colossal injuries like we have been this year with Wilfork and Mayo, namely. Their durablity has been amazing overall.

[/QUOTE]

NO!  The Pats are always at or near the top in injuries.  Might have something to do with drafting and FA, always injured players.

You know,  those value guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Care to wager on that?

What is the wager?

[/QUOTE]

I don't care, list your terms. I just want to see you lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB and Reid. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Care to wager on that?

[/QUOTE]

What is the wager?

[/QUOTE]

I don't care, list your terms. I just want to see you lose.

[/QUOTE]

They play twice and both games are going to be good.  I believe they split the games.  If I had to pick one team to win both it would be horseface and Welkies team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every year, every team has injuries. It just appears that way.

In fact, I find it amazing we have not been burned by colossal injuries like we have been this year with Wilfork and Mayo, namely. Their durablity has been amazing overall.

[/QUOTE]

NO!  The Pats are always at or near the top in injuries.  Might have something to do with drafting and FA, always injured players.

You know,  those value guys.

[/QUOTE]

I think they run too much on Dunkin. Sugar and caffine tighten up muscles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Reid of course will have to be in the discussion.  I'm truly interested in how the Chiefs and Broncos games will turn out.

Although I certainly believe BB should be in the discussion, will he get serious consideration?  By the way, who votes on this award anyway?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Its a little early to tell. Reid could fall flat on his chubby face if they don't score more points and start losing games.   Rex...  lol. 

Continued improvement by the offense along with a few holes plugged by the defense and it could be a runaway for Belichick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think as long as Brady is playing, his brilliance will over shadow BB's coaching job most every year

The injuries are league wide epedemic...many,many teams are in a similar situation to the Pats. We are simply living it every day as Pats fans, but most every team is dealing with similar.

Hard to go against Reid...2 wns to double digit wins is pretty much a slam dunk

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think as long as Brady is playing, his brilliance will over shadow BB's coaching job most every year

The injuries are league wide epedemic...many,many teams are in a similar situation to the Pats. We are simply living it every day as Pats fans, but most every team is dealing with similar.

[/QUOTE]

Doh!  You just hit the Rusty nail on the head.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doh!  You just hit the Rusty nail on the head.

[/QUOTE]

seriously though. it seems that Brady overcomes most every obstacle thrown the Pats way. We know how good a coach that BB is, and how great of a job he is doing this year, but how much of that credit is going to go to TB if this team takes off offensively and runs the table?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

BB always gets "value" players to play great. Its an every year thing. No one notices anymore cause they expect it.

You seriously think they wont give it to John Fox, you know, the sympathy factor? What about Marve Lewis. Has anyone actually taken the Bengals serious till this year? Cleveland could finish 2nd in the division and thats losing one of their best players.

Funny no one mentioned Coughlin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Of course, Rex is in the discussion.  If the Jets make the playoffs, Rex should get it.  All new coordinators, 14 new starters, rookie QB, plus a slew of injuries.