Coach Scar Retiring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Coach Scar Retiring

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, Scar is as good as they get, no doubt. But sometimes a change of scenery isn't a horrible thing.

Look, no one is better than Scar -- I get that. This isn't a good thing, but it was due to happen eventually. New blood won't hurt this offensive-line, but they'll need to draft some talent first. 

[/QUOTE]

I think they have good talent... Solder, Mankins and Seabass are all quality NFL O-lineman. Connelly is a serviceable G/C.  Would like to see Connelly moved back to center and put Cannon at RG and draft a inetrior O-lineman.

[/QUOTE]

Slightly confused with the Connolly back to Center idea which is fine, but he's not much bigger than Wendell. Maybe 2 inches taller but the weight isn't much difference.

I keep seeing people talk about size at Center, but I don't see much difference.

[/QUOTE]

He's much stronger than Wendell and when he played center he was able to maintain his blocks at the point of attack and never got pushed back into the pocket like Wendell does.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/426114000556797953

OUCH.

[/QUOTE]

Is this the reason why the offensive line did a horrible job in the AFC championship game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

Matt Light played til he was 33 at the premier O-Line position.

He played extremely well in his last year.

He could have made a bundle if he chose to play another year. 

Sometimes it's not all about the money.

[/QUOTE]

He had 3 SB rings and was playing with Crohn's disease.  Not the same.

[/QUOTE]

Here are a couple more All-Time greats:

Hannah (G.O.A.T) played to 34

Leon Gray played to 32

So, I really do think Mankins is very close to the end, especially when you measure productive years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good for him, he survived countless different head coaches (unheard of) and always did a great job...can positional coaches make it into the HOF? If not then that is total BS - these are the guys that should get more of the credit...they develop that talent, they make these players what they are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good for him, he survived countless different head coaches (unheard of) and always did a great job...can positional coaches make it into the HOF? If not then that is total BS - these are the guys that should get more of the credit...they develop that talent, they make these players what they are.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they put him on the ballot for the Pats HOF when he is eligible. Definately look forward to when they honor him at halftime during one of the games next year. He will get a standing O from me!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Huge loss. Right to the HOF.   

[/QUOTE]

they put O Line coaches in Canton?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow first Pepper and now Scar? Wth is happening to this team and why is everyone abandoning ship? Either they saw this was the last chance or something is blowing up behind the scenes. Either way it's a bad omen moving forward the long timers are jumping out now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow first Pepper and now Scar? Wth is happening to this team and why is everyone abandoning ship? Either they saw this was the last chance or something is blowing up behind the scenes. Either way it's a bad omen moving forward the long timers are jumping out now.

[/QUOTE]

Or, Pepper's contract wasn't renewed, and Scar had pre-determined that he was going to retire following this season.

It isn't always the worst possible scenario. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or, Pepper's contract wasn't renewed, and Scar had pre-determined that he was going to retire following this season.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he hung around for a few extra years to help out the Pats.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/coach-scar-retiring/100/6976338?page=2#add-post-form

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

thank god he hired outside of the organization  and didn 't promote from within. the Patriots need some new blood and no more clones of belichick. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Peppers contract wasn't renewed we would have heard about that and it wouldn't come out that he was leaving instead of they decided not to pick him up moving forward. Scar lives and breaths football. If Brady only has a few years left and they are that close to another SB it's harder to believe he'd chose to leave after 3 straight AFCCG's then to stay for one more.

It isn't always the best possible scenario either

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

More bad news.  Tough losing Scar, and also Pepper.  Kinda seems like our Patriots team may have a bit of a different look next season.  We will see how it goes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

wow. sad. great coach

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Huge loss going forward! Coach Scar will be sorely missed.

Respected around the league as one of the best coaches at his position(s) and a huge asset for the Patriots organization over the years. I wish him all the best in his retirement.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/426114000556797953

OUCH.

[/QUOTE]

BB on his own now,  (again).  Offense and Defense.  Similar to Weis and Crennel leaving.  Better pull of some Genius moves now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

This is a HUGE loss.  Probably a bigger loss than any player we lose this offseason imo.  S hit.

[/QUOTE]

100% correct. I was afraid he was going to call it quits. He wanted to go a while ago, but BB asked him to stay on and help. I just heard his interview with Holley and Fauria, talking about Scar. We just lost a guy who coached all of the Patriots Super Bowls, and Peppers who coached in 5 of them. 

Coaching turnover has been the biggest blow to our playoff performance, ever since the dynasty years. These 2 add on to a long list of departures. 

Not good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

+1 and it hurts watching so many positional coaches leave. Imo, the coaching turnover has contributed the most to o

ur big game failures in recent post season play, and for the very reasons you mention above. 

What is your opinion of the following statment?......The lack of experienced positional coaches also hurts player development, which is the key element to succesful drafting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I once started a thread calling him the 'lineman whisperer".

I'm seriously bummed. I can't remember any player or coach leaving that left me feeling this disappointed.

I'm a huge trench fan, I know I'm weird...but man. 

I hope whoever fills those shoes can at least hold candle to the legend he is replacing.

Enjoy retirement Dante, you sure as hll earned it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if Mankins will have any qualms about working under a new guy.

DeGuglielmo has a solid resume himself, especially with the Giants.

Mankins is very close to the end and may decide to hang it up now, rather than work under a different scheme.

[/QUOTE]

You kidding, right? Why would he walk away from all that money? He'll be 32 next year, but that's not that old.

[/QUOTE]

Whenever someone makes that argument, all I have to say is:

Barry Sanders.

That is all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Major props and thanks to Scar. A coaches coach.  A players coach. A superb coach! Not surprising to retire at 65. His legacy will live on with the Pats. Set the bar.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Major props and thanks to Scar. A coaches coach.  A players coach. A superb coach! Not surprising to retire at 65. His legacy will live on with the Pats. Set the bar.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the guy is incredibe!  To have this many seasons leading the NFL in rushing and not having so much as a 6th round pick on his line to help.  To provide such protection for a poor, slow release QB like Brady without ever keeping in backs to block, it's just incredible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

MILE HIGH......Denver blew a 24 point lead in Foxboro. Next year in Foxboro we wlll beat you handily with an healthy team. You better pray you can protect Manning in the SB because Seattle will be looking to end his career early in the game.

As to you personally, it appears that you have no redeeming qualities and if you have any accomplishments in this world the one which will become you the most is your leaving it.

On ignore.