Coaching lost this game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Coaching lost this game

Two calls that absolutely pissed me off the most were both 3rd down calls going to Woodhead for losses. I just don't understand why you would put Ridley on the bench, and use a smurf to try and run it on 3rd down....If you are going to try and fool them with a run, how could you possibly go with Woodhead over a red hot Ridley??? C'mon Josh...you are way smarter than that!!

They played like chumps today (mainly the offense)....very tough game to watch. Absolutely had a gift fumble at the end of the game only to play like wimps, and instead of putting their foot on the Cardinals throat with 50 seconds left, they cowered into a corner. Flags or no flags, they were moving the chains on almost every call late in the game....why stop???

Bottom line, they got what they deserved today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The O wasn't messed up because Hernandez went out.  I'm pretty sure the Patriots didn't plan the entire game around Hernandez!  Why the O was messed up is they have Edelman in there more then Welker and apparently Welker isn't in the game plan much this year.  Are they crazy?!?!?!

And where was Ras I Dowling today.  He wasn't hurt, he matches up well with the big, physical Arizona Receivers. 

I really question this Patriots decisions early on this season.  Not sure what to make of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two calls that absolutely pissed me off the most were both 3rd down calls going to Woodhead for losses. I just don't understand why you would put Ridley on the bench, and use a smurf to try and run it on 3rd down....If you are going to try and fool them with a run, how could you possibly go with Woodhead over a red hot Ridley??? C'mon Josh...you are way smarter than that!!

They played like chumps today (mainly the offense)....very tough game to watch. Absolutely had a gift fumble at the end of the game only to play like wimps, and instead of putting their foot on the Cardinals throat with 50 seconds left, they cowered into a corner. Flags or no flags, they were moving the chains on almost every call late in the game....why stop???

Bottom line, they got what they deserved today.

[/QUOTE]

This...

And I would add too much Lloyd early when you could see he and Brady were not in sync. Lloyd also don't like it when there is traffic around him.

The O line is still shaky at times as well.

Perhaps looking ahead to the Ravens was at play here...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I also thought the playcalling was bad, stuck with the run way too late in the game -- into the 3rd quarter -- when it clearly wasn't working; not going to Gronk and Welker often enough and staying with Lloyd too long.  Finally got going with Gronk and Welker too late in the game.  I'm beginning to think Lloyd isn't going to work out and will end up being a liability -- not as bad as Ocho, but not a successful acquisition either.  He just messed up too much today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The challenge for the catch in the third was a real head scratcher to me. Them not trying to move the ball a couple of yards closer was awful in my opinion. I know you run the risk of a fumble, but you also run the risk of your kicker missing a longer field goal. If we were 5 yards closer that thing is probably good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Very strange game. 

Welker not starting - there is something going on here and I hope it does not involve them moving him. 

OL line is going to be in real trouble against better teams - at least early on. Koppen flaming out, Vollmer being hurt, and not getting Waters back is too much for this group to overcome right now. They may need to try to make a trade or come up with a vet somewhere along the way. Regardless, this is going to be a work in progress. 

Some missed tackles really cost us. 

A couple of bad calls from tentative refs at in-opportune times. 

Some bad drops (LLoyd, Gronk, Welker), though Brady missed a few receivers as well. 

Failed third down conversions huge. Damnny Woodhead is not a power back. 

McDaniels is being way too conservative with this team at this juncture - yes, they lost Hernandez (and if he is out for any length of time it's going to affect what they can do) and with the exception of LLoyd there is not a lot of speed on the outside but there were some flat out bad play calls made on 2nd and especially 3rd downs. It's great to be establishing a running game and clearly Ridley is the guy, but doing so should not come at the expense of overall explosiveness and that is happening right now. It's like they're handcuffing themselves. 

Ridley needs better awareness of down and distance and the play calls need to relfect this as well. Pitching to him wide in short distance situations makes no sense - in his worst moments he waits far too long to pick his spots. Getting him moving north to south seems to be key - if he's going to cut back he needs to read and bounce quickly. He has great burst when he makes that move but he's not Barry Sanders. And though he's not huge he has good power and needs to get 3 when it's needed as opposed to trying to break big runs every time. 

These kids on defense are very good, though they are going to make mistakes throughout the year that are going to cost us. Nincovitch is solid but they really need another threat to get to the quaterback - not sure if that guy is Jermaine Cunningham.

Corners are still suspect, though lots of positives from a defensive standpoint. 

I hate to say this, and hope it isn't true, but there were moments last year when some cracks started showing in TBs game and we're seeing more evidence this year. With that said, not sure I'd take anyone over him and he's hardly the issue. 

All in all this one falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff, the offense, and a special teams unit that gave up a hue play. Defense did all it needed to do. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

The coaches went all soft this game, BB attacks, I was surprised to see him back into a FG like that at the end especailly when moving the ball wasn't going so bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

i can agree with that. but the offense is just as guilty. dropped passes killed us, plus that ST's debacle that gave 98 free yeards didn't help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bring back Billy O'Brien :-)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Baloney coaching lost this game.  What an excuse. 

[/QUOTE]

So you don't think it was a mistake for the Coaches to use Woodhead as much as they did? Or to call a gimpy trick play.. How about being 1 and 10 on the 30 and no tring to move the ball forward with 46 sec?

I think this game was a fail for coaching, ST, and OFFENSE... in that order.  The D was a the bright spot of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Coaching lost this game. Playcalling lost this game. Bonehead penalties lost this game. Special teams lost this game. Dropped passes lost this game. Tipped passes and errant passes lost this game. The worst situational football by Pats in the Belichick era lost this game. Failure to adapt to a key-player injury lost this game.

Chandler Jones, Brandon Spikes and Vince Wilfork nearly won this game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndoverResident. Show AndoverResident's posts

McDaniels is to be faulted alot, and for me his worst mistake was to keep sending the ball to Lloyd. The kid doesn't know where the 1st down marker is and is unsure still of his routes. Had Welker been the intended the target -- which he was in the 2nd half -- we would have won, sure thing. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

Clearly, this loss is on McDaniels. After Ridley ran wild again in the first half, Josh succumbed to Brady's pleading to pass 40 + times a game and abandoned the successful run game.  When will they put Brady in his place?  We are not going to score much if we let Brady dictate the play calling.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

queenie thinks Brady is responsible for global warming

So you don't think it was a mistake for the Coaches to use Woodhead as much as they did? Or to call a gimpy trick play.. How about being 1 and 10 on the 30 and no tring to move the ball forward with 46 sec?

I think this game was a fail for coaching, ST, and OFFENSE... in that order.  The D was a the bright spot of the game.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Gunty thinks Tommy Coughlin is classy in victory. lmao

Pats got outplayed because the offense didn't show up much in the second half.  And our idiot kicker missed a kick in perfect conditions, in the middle of the field. That has ZERO to do with coaching, dork.

Please fine a woman (or a man) and get lost, tool. lol

[/QUOTE]

So was six points in the first half "showing up"?  I thought you were the big proponent of only points matter.  If that's the case, the second half was twice as good as the first half.  And the fourth quarter (where they went shotgun spread and threw every down) was three times as good as any other quarter. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

queenie thinks Brady is responsible for global warming

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And Gunty thinks Tommy Coughlin is classy in victory. lmao

Pats got outplayed because the offense didn't show up much in the second half.  And our idiot kicker missed a kick in perfect conditions, in the middle of the field. That has ZERO to do with coaching, dork.

Please fine a woman (or a man) and get lost, tool. lol

[/QUOTE]

So was six points in the first half "showing up"?  I thought you were the big proponent of only points matter.  If that's the case, the second half was twice as good as the first half.  And the fourth quarter (where they went shotgun spread and threw every down) was three times as good as any other quarter. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Absolutely atrocious game management after the recovered fumble. Three kneel downs and a field goal.... why take any chances to jepordise the lead at that point in the game? Simple as that...They got cute and paid for it...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

[QUOTE]

JayShizzly/Patsfan76, that's our Jets troll Mangione/Phat Rex. He's impersonating me with the mods allowing it and no other Pats fans calling him out.

It's HE who needs a life, not I. I'll be in Myrtle Beach in 2 days and he'll be in his basement in NJ tryinng to concoct new ways to defelct from his embarrassing Jets. 

[/QUOTE]

You're right.  The Jets are a joke.  Already at the bottom of the AFC East and losing to bottom feeder teams.  The Steelers ran all over that vaunted defense yesterday.  How sad is that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure. But I'm really starting to be concerned with dropped passes. They have been a bane to us for a while now.

[/QUOTE]

And what was the common factor in every case????