Cold Hard Facts...O-line = best in the game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Cold Hard Facts...O-line = best in the game.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/October-surprise-Five-reasons-to-be-excited-about-the-Patriots-prospects/47133987-61e8-433b-b21d-ce725e2eee68

Love the 1st part about "Tom Friggin Brady", and LOVE the part about Scar and how the Pats once again have the best O-line in football. At the risk of sounding like that bredbru guy, "I friggin told you so hey".

Anyway the author is correct. We have plenty of reason to be optimistic in N.E. The Pats are loaded on offense and have lots of young guys on defense who are mostly high draft picks with great athleticism. As the defense gains confidence and the offense under McD learns balance we will be a very difficult team to beat come playoff time.

For now I just hope we thrash a very good defense tomorrow!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Re: Cold Hard Facts...O-line = best in the game.

Until they can pick up a first down when we need it to close out a game, they are not getting the job done well enough.  Scar will have them playing better ball, I am sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Running with a lead isn't so easy. Teams that live and die with the pass have a much more difficult time doing it. It looks to me like Mcd and BB are trying to change that. Work in progress....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You realize this is the same web site that said Merriweather was the second best safety in the AFC, right?

The guys that own and operate this site are from MASS and they are on record last year as saying we wouldn't win any Super Bowls with our pass defense...at least they got that right.

I'm sorry about my incredibly negative tone/outlook, but when I watched Mark Sanchez have a career day against us at home last week I lost it. The guy completed 9 passes of 20 yards or more aginst us, he's never done that in his life!! And if he was any good at all he could of won that game...there were guys wide open all over the place. Just ignore me, I'm still pissed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Running with a lead isn't so easy. Teams that live and die with the pass have a much more difficult time doing it. It looks to me like Mcd and BB are trying to change that. Work in progress....

[/QUOTE]

I think they actually become too conservative on offense late in games. By only running 'safe' plays they actually give defenses something to key on...thus yards are harder to get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I like some of the stuff Kerry Byrne but the hog index stats are pretty meaningless. Do you really think the YPC are up because Solder and Connolly are better than Light and Waters? Do you think Brady has the lowest interception % in the league because of the o-line? Or that their success on third down is thanks to the o-line. 

Last year, the final four teams in the NFL were ranked 3rd (Ravens), 7th (Patriots), 19th (Giants) and 26th (49ers). It is a pretty meaningless metric and not a predictor of success...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You realize this is the same web site that said Merriweather was the second best safety in the AFC, right?

The guys that own and operate this site are from MASS and they are on record last year as saying we wouldn't win any Super Bowls with our pass defense...at least they got that right.

I'm sorry about my incredibly negative tone/outlook, but when I watched Mark Sanchez have a career day against us at home last week I lost it. The guy completed 9 passes of 20 yards or more aginst us, he's never done that in his life!! And if he was any good at all he could of won that game...there were guys wide open all over the place. Just ignore me, I'm still pissed. 

[/QUOTE]

This defense has been the bane of this team for years. They are so bad when it matters most, they are actually painful to watch. Keystone Cops.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This defense has been the bane of this team for years. They are so bad when it matters most, they are actually painful to watch. Keystone Cops.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can't really argue that point (although some try). Can you imagine how bad they would be if Belichick wasn't coaching them or game planning for them? Seeing how they are close to worst in almost every major catergory that means they would have to make up new catergories or rankings just for this defense.