Collie is back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Collie is back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/02/austin-collie-returns-to-patriots/

Per PFT Austin Collie is back, which probably means that either Boyce or Dobson is questionable for the first PO game. Like what he brings, but would prefer that "our own guys" could stay healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Collie is back

I'm more concerned about Dobson now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Rkarp had his observation post saying he believes Dobson may have a fractured foot. if that's the case i doubt we even see him this playoffs....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Collie + Dobson will play next game... i have confidence in that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rkarp had his observation post saying he believes Dobson may have a fractured foot. if that's the case i doubt we even see him this playoffs....

[/QUOTE]

I agree and that's a bummer, but we all know Collie will be where he's supposed to be and it looks like he has reliable hands too...he doesn't that size and speed like Dobson, but I'll take it. The offense will have the look of three slot receivers - which isn't a good thing - hopefully Thompkins will be able to get free on the outside. 

The defense will need to play out of their minds to advance us to a super bowl this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Regardless, next man up! The player doesn't matter as much as his mental preparation and the coaches being able to identify the best ways to capitalize on that player's strengths and minimize that player's weaknesses. We must keep in mind that every single player in the NFL is capable of playing the game at the professional level and found themselves there for a reason, exceptional football playing ability at their position. Many never get to realize their ful potential due to the fact that they just never get the opportunities for lact of their coaches ability to develope their true potential. Bill is a great football coach, and like ALL GREAT COACHES, is a master at teaching the intricacies of the game. A great coach is able to identify, then capitalize on every player's strengths. As we've seen with this Patriots team for quite a long time now, individual prowess does not contribute to team success as much as each member knowing his specific job and doing it competently. Just like in a chain.....................GO PATS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe he will be put on IR with a fracture. For what it is worth, Collie was brought back Tuesday.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Thank You Bill Belichick!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

I am not. It was what I suspected.  When you have two rookies with apparent foot injuries late in the year, you need a healthy veteran you can rely on.

If Dobson was seriously injured they wouldn't be sitting around twiddling their thumbs 4 days later.

Injury reports come out on Tuesdays based on the player's ability to practice. Mankins, Boyce and Dobson were all held out.  Not surprising on any.  They have a BYe week and all are apparently ailing with something.

At the end of the day, whoever we play in the divisionals, I think we can get by missing all 3 of those players anyway.

Solder is at LT, I have faith in Kline and Collie is a good 3rd or 4th WR here behind Edelman, Amendola and Thompkins.

So, technically, BB could rest all of those guys for 2+ weeks to play it safe. Mankins ankle sprain  may be a high one, so that is something to monitor.  Usually, a low ankle sprain is walkable under your own power. Or, maybe helping him off is what they do for precautionary reasons for larger players and the weight they put on it.

Collie was likely not going anywhere. McCourty had a concsussion, so BB needed bodies. Also, with Dennard getting rest, BB needed another healthy CB. WHo knows if they bring back Cole, too.  They may. He had some kind of a calf thing or something.

Collie's spot on the roster has been for most of the year correlated with the availablilty of at least one of our rookie WRs in the coming week(s).  Now perhaps this is an exception, but given that Dobson appears to be the most injured it is fair imo to wonder about his availability for the divisional round.  I am not suggesting he is going to be IR'ed although rkarp is not the only one to speculate on this (even Reiss has).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am not. It was what I suspected.  When you have two rookies with apparent foot injuries late in the year, you need a healthy veteran you can rely on.

If Dobson was seriously injured they wouldn't be sitting around twiddling their thumbs 4 days later.

Injury reports come out on Tuesdays based on the player's ability to practice. Mankins, Boyce and Dobson were all held out.  Not surprising on any.  They have a BYe week and all are apparently ailing with something.

At the end of the day, whoever we play in the divisionals, I think we can get by missing all 3 of those players anyway.

Solder is at LT, I have faith in Kline and Collie is a good 3rd or 4th WR here behind Edelman, Amendola and Thompkins.

So, technically, BB could rest all of those guys for 2+ weeks to play it safe. Mankins ankle sprain  may be a high one, so that is something to monitor.  Usually, a low ankle sprain is walkable under your own power. Or, maybe helping him off is what they do for precautionary reasons for larger players and the weight they put on it.

Collie was likely not going anywhere. McCourty had a concsussion, so BB needed bodies. Also, with Dennard getting rest, BB needed another healthy CB. WHo knows if they bring back Cole, too.  They may. He had some kind of a calf thing or something.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. There is most likely a financial arrangement with Collie that he wasn't signing elsewhere, and he would be on and off the roster as other spots dictated, as well as the WR position dictated.

I would also assume he is in camp next year wih the PAts, as I understand both sides are very happy with the results. I never assumed it was an ability question with Collie, more a health issue.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not an "observation" post. It's a rumor monger moron post RKrap picks up some guess work or heresay via someone in the Pats press and then he just guesses. MOst of the time he is 100% wrong. He said Hooman was going to IR and then we see him making a circus catch in Miami for crying out loud.

You need to learn a thing or two about sources, Joe.  Always check the source and go to the source.

If Dobson broke his foot, he'd be IRd by now because that's at least a month or more for healing and rehab.  

They wouldn't bestanding around confused with what to do with that. Collie was never going anywhere. They will carry him into the postseason. Cole might even be back as well if his injury is ok in 10 days. He's great on STs so it just depends of BB considers Cole healthy or not.

People are getting confused as to why BB releases certain position and brings back other positions. It has to do with juggling injuries by spot on the roster. He may need to rob Peter to pay Paul which is what he did last week with McCourty and Dennard down. No one does this better, which is another strength of BB.

I've never seen a GM or coach use a Practice Squad or the FA line better than BB.

He takes the PS so seriously and this is a good reason why.  We can list the names off through the years for days on end. Poteat, Moreland, Moore, etc, etc.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey, Mr President! Are you leading the free world from home today?  You were up pretty late last night.  You must be exhausted.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people on this board are under the belief (mistaken IMO) that Pats personnel read these threads.

So, I'll have to assume BB had his feet up on his desk yesterday, read my Bring Back Collie thread (and its wisdom) and made the call.

Love the move.  Need a veteran that still has all his skills.

I love Collie!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not an "observation" post. It's a rumor monger moron post RKrap picks up some guess work or heresay via someone in the Pats press and then he just guesses. MOst of the time he is 100% wrong. He said Hooman was going to IR and then we see him making a circus catch in Miami for crying out loud.

You need to learn a thing or two about sources, Joe.  Always check the source and go to the source.

If Dobson broke his foot, he'd be IRd by now because that's at least a month or more for healing and rehab.  

They wouldn't bestanding around confused with what to do with that. Collie was never going anywhere. They will carry him into the postseason. Cole might even be back as well if his injury is ok in 10 days. He's great on STs so it just depends of BB considers Cole healthy or not.

People are getting confused as to why BB releases certain position and brings back other positions. It has to do with juggling injuries by spot on the roster. He may need to rob Peter to pay Paul which is what he did last week with McCourty and Dennard down. No one does this better, which is another strength of BB.

I've never seen a GM or coach use a Practice Squad or the FA line better than BB.

He takes the PS so seriously and this is a good reason why.  We can list the names off through the years for days on end. Poteat, Moreland, Moore, etc, etc.  

[/QUOTE]

I try to preface every comment that I hear with "take it for what it is worth"

And you are not 100% correct. BB is either not showing his hand by waiting on Dobson to IR, or the doctors feel there is a chance he could be available for the SB with his foot in a boot these next weeks

I am not speculating either way, I am simply saying I heard his foot injury is not a sprain, but a fracture, and I am also hearing that he will be IR'd.

Take it for what it is worth...I am not there getting this info, I am hearing it 2nd hand. I have not been to the stadium in a couple of months other than the games (it is college hoops season for me) Also, please put me on ignore and stop replying to my posts...you add nothing to the conversation, and hijack each thread in a direction no one appreciates... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Disagree. Belichick would very much keep Dobson's injury a secret all the way up to the game at this point, he has nothing to lose by doing this. This is classic Belichick....this is what he does. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Glad he is back too. Not a knock on the kids, but this is the Play-offs. He has Play-off experience, he understands urgency, and clutch.
    The kids have had their moments, but seen way too many BIG drops in games. You dont have next week to practice, you have a whole off-season.
    Glad to have a Veteran.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I wonder, why the continuing saga of bringing into camp "short" receivers?  An oft said comment about the current receiving corps is how short they stack up versus the taller d-backs the team faces.  It is one thing to stretch the field and another to be able to stretch upwards and fight for a high pass.  A play missed with Gronk out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder, why the continuing saga of bringing into camp "short" receivers?  An oft said comment about the current receiving corps is how short they stack up versus the taller d-backs the team faces.  It is one thing to stretch the field and another to be able to stretch upwards and fight for a high pass.  A play missed with Gronk out.

[/QUOTE]

Well the Gronk loss is huge.  But short becomes more of an issue when the talent is raw (rookie) or waning (vet on his last legs).

Collie is neither.   He is a very smart route runner, quick, and with good hands.  He can line up in the slot or as a WR, despite what some say.  Heck we line up Vereen outside sometimes.

Branch in his prime was very effective (SB MVP).  He didn't get shorter.  He lost his effectiveness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well the Gronk loss is huge.  But short becomes more of an issue when the talent is raw (rookie) or waning (vet on his last legs).

Collie is neither.   He is a very smart route runner, quick, and with good hands.  He can line up in the slot or as a WR, despite what some say.  Heck we line up Vereen outside sometimes.

Branch in his prime was very effective (SB MVP).  He didn't get shorter.  He lost his effectiveness.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.