Collins signs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Collins signs

More proof the rookie wage scale will virtually eliminate rookie holdouts.  

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4743525/top-pick-collins-signs-contract

thats 4 of the 7

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Collins signs

It's good for the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm glad he's ready to go. This guy nd jones bookend we could have an impressive pass rush. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats don't have any first rounders that can hold out. 

Come to think of it, the Pats haven't had any high first rounders who could even think of holding out in this century since Mayo at #10.  That's what happens when you keep making the playoffs every single year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

The Pats don't have any first rounders that can hold out. 

Come to think of it, the Pats haven't had any high first rounders who could even think of holding out in this century since Mayo at #10.  That's what happens when you keep making the playoffs every single year.

Watson held out, fired his agent, came in late and got hurt.  The bengals had the annual hold out. I think blackmon was the last.  I guess my point was that none of the rookies are holding out now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Best thing that has ever happened to the NFL is this rookie wage scale...I grew tired of watching all these future bust QB's getting 40 million dollar contracts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Best thing that has ever happened to the NFL is this rookie wage scale...I grew tired of watching all these future bust QB's getting 40 million dollar contracts.

No one wanted to pick high. Teams that stunk like the bengals and browns couldn't rise from the ashes. Now those high picks can be traded and depth can be built. Teams are going to be competitive a lot faster when they rebuild now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

+100!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

+100!!

As exemplified in the following:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-rookie-qb-mark-sanchez-lands-28m-deal-richest-team-history-article-1.374156

$28 million guaranteed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

+100!!

As exemplified in the following:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-rookie-qb-mark-sanchez-lands-28m-deal-richest-team-history-article-1.374156

$28 million guaranteed.

They should gave him 50.  No actually 75 M guaranteed.