Collins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

Collins

Did he play well ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Collins

He was matched up with Tony a lot, and Tony abused him - Tony abused everyone tonight.  But he does have potential, I could see it at least.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rajkvp's comment:

Did he play well ?

eh. leaning more on a no. we got him to be a cover LB and he struggled with that.. always room for improvement though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

He was matched up with Tony a lot, and Tony abused him - Tony abused everyone tonight.  But he does have potential, I could see it at least.  

Yes he did.  And at 17 years in the NFL, my gosh that guy is freaking amazing!  Best TE ever, imo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Have to look at film, but I seem to have seen him mostly behind the guys he was trying to cover. So far, he really hasn't looked like much--and his low number of snaps seem to reflect that.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Gonzalez abused anyone who tried to cover him.  He accounted for about 1/2 of Atlanta's first downs.  Not Collins' fault.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would rate his play mediocre. Not great but not terrible either. To judge him based on how he covered the best TE of all time is a bit unfair. When the game was on the line, he combined with Hightower did a good job keeping Gonzalez from getting off the line. Hightower seemed to struggle a bit in coverage as well. I think it's going to take Collins a bit more time to develop and get use to the nfl game speed. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Once they decided to under/over gonzalez he seemed to settle in. He Did not look good in one on  one against Gonzalez. Then again last night I don't think there were many linebackers or safeties in the NFL who could have covered gonzales in single coverage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Anyone see him make a play...he didn't....he was lost in space. He got his feet wet and reps will help but he's a long way from helping out just yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

First significant playing time that I recall for him.  He didn't look great out there but, as others have said, give it time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Can we stop referring to Collins as a cover linebacker, we got him to be an every down all purpose linebacker, not simply to cover guys?  

All of our linebackers are cover guys to some degree, they don't get many chances to rush the passer.  This kid can do a little of everything, but he needs reps which he doesn't get a lot of because the depth ahead of him, he is insurance for Spikes leaving after this year.  

Don't expect to see much of him unless we get some injuries in the linebacker unit, and pray we don't because we can't afford anymore injuries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

based on what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

he's still a rookie, played like a rookie.  Yes, he was against Gonzo. Much to early to tell anything at this point.  Good to get him reps, tho.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

they did a great job on Gonzalez on Atlanta's last play. 2 guys, Hightower I think and someone else, just smacked him around at the line of scrimmage so he could not get out into a pattern. Great job on that play. We should have seen more of that earlier.