Colt Fan acknowledges bogus PI calls..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Colt Fan acknowledges bogus PI calls..

i made the decision after the colts texans game with that 45 yard PI for absolutely no reason that took all the air out of houston, that i would not watch another game the colts play in unless its vs the Patriots.  and when that happens i never enjoy the game because i know we will be hit with rediculous calls, especially in indy. oh and why do the colts never come to foxborough anymore?  i swear its been 3 straight years in that dump in indy.  but thats beside the point...

and you know what team got really messed up because of these rules? the Ravens. Its no coincidence they are the most penalized team.  THey want to play football pre-2005 style.  they want to rough up wide receivers and make the offense pay, but they are no longer allowed to do that thanks bill polifag. 

heres to hoping San Diego rips them apart if we are not able to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

At any rate, who cares about the Colts? They have the highest winning percentage of an team for the decade...and yet only got 1 SB ring. They are chokers. They defied that once, but twice is exceedingly unlikely. Yes, they get bogus calls, and as proof of what Polian wants, I remember when the new PI rules were being instituted...you know, staring into a receiver's eyes is a penalty....and when asked about it, Polian's response was something to the effect of "League-wide, we saw the aberage total per game at about 42 points, and we really don't want to see it that low." That LOW??? Since when is 24-17 a low-scoring game? Football is having it's soul ripped from it's body by, suprise surprise, big business. The league has sold out to the advertiser's, and need football to be all glitz and glamour...none of the toughness and grit that made the game great. I will always prefer a 15 play, 10 minute drive to a 72 yard bomb. Watching the Colts fail 4 STRAIGHT TIMES AT THE ONE is one of my fondest football memories. I don't care a lick about the casual fan. The NFL, like most everything else, cares about bottom line, not good football. It makes me sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I would love to see some stats on PI.  I would bet the Colts benefit more than any other team.  Ok, they pass a lot so that may skew some numbers.
    But what disturbs me more than the raw numbers of PI calls is their timing.
    I don't know how you quantify that but....
    If it's a crucial point in the game you can almost smell a PI call coming...bank on it (or some other phantom penalty)

I agree that this game has gone soft....because passing and points sell the product.   I prefer, as mentioned by another members, hard hitting 17-10 games.
    As much as I enjoyed our ride in 2007...there was a disturbing side to it as well.
    It's as if the Pats sold out to the leagues wish for glitz.  I don't believe they wanted to sell out... the winds of change kinda forced the issue.  We can thank
    NAPolian for that.  This is not the football I grew up with and learned to love.

This is Hollywood Football.  That's why I loved our run from 2001 -2004.  Not to take anything away from Brady but let's face it, it's DEFENSE they won those titles.

I miss Defense !!  

As much as I hate the JESTS,  they may be on the right course...emphasizing defense.

Oh and I did mention how much I dislike Manning?  I will get physically sick should they go 19-0.   What a joke that would be....the league needs to really take a look at that help the Colts get.  I am trying not to sound like sour grapes...if a team EARNS it...kudos... but handing them games is just sickening.

I don't exactly like the Charges but if we can't knock the Colts out then I hope the Charges do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I wonder if the "Great Football Minds" at ESPN (Trey Wingo, Mark Schlereth ect.) will do a special NFL Live report of all the BS calls the Ponies get this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Harley - that picture of Schultz is great!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I did throw the dig, but one good dig deserves another.  We are talking truth here, right? 

And just as the common response is that everyone was filming other teams signals (unproven) so too does every team get calls (unproven). 

And as long as everyone is moving toward the idea that the colts victories are invalid because of the call breaks they have received, so too are the pats SB's invalid which means you have to go back way back for a valid Pats SB victory.

Now so many here claim that the pats were jobbed in the AFCCG, but somehow the refs chose to call gaffney endzone catch a touchdown when there was no way he could have come down with both feet in bounds.  

Just because I sick of hearing about colts getting calls I thought I would remind everyone of the issue with their logic because you can't have it both ways.  Either you think the colts win illegitmately and thus must give back the pats SB's or the calls are fine and you get to keep them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Hey underdogg, the state of Indianapolis can afford their own website? If so, why are you always here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I love you guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Yeah, but we (Patriot Nation) don't like you. We (Patriot Nation) find you very annoying. Your comments are always that of a homer. We (Patriot Nation) are homers also, but this is a Boston website, so it is expected. And you still did not answer the question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I guess that is a no. The Ponies have the best record in the NFL (with a lot of help from these idiots)
     and this troll (underdogg), with an obvious inferiority complex, still post idiot like comments on a Boston website. Get a life dude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

100% correct Rodimus - ud does have an inferiority complex about the Pats. They have somehow become his white whale. The fun part is watching him wildly flail against it by trying to actually complain about calls the Colts don't get even though they are handed a W. 

He also still tries to equate the results of videotaping and the PI calls without realizing they are vastly different. His premise is flawed which negates his conclusion. He has too much of a jones for the Pats to realize his errors though. I find it just fun to watch him flail and back-pedal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

OMG. Another idiot Ponies fan on a Boston website. Is this an invasion? And just a reminder, those rules were put on a high emphasis after Bill Polian and with Phony Dungy, complained to the competition committee, after The Pats eliminated the Ponies in the 2003 AFC conference game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I know Enoch.

This dude along with a few others, just annoys the H-E- double hockey stick out of me out of me. I can't take it anymore!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

18coltfire - Isn't it funny how all you frosty flucks refer to the change of contact/ PI rules benefit the Colts--when they have been in place for quite a while only now in the last several years this decade been actually inforced. Tell me fat whiskey Pats, when did you see the T(*)CK Rule enforced prior to beating Oakland ? So you know what all you people and your snow advantage fields can do....

Yes, it was actually called the week before against the Bucs. I was watching the game and it was pretty much the exact same play as the Pats/Raiders. The fumble was reversed. I remember watching the first replay during the Pats game and calmed down because I knew it would be reversed as I had just seen the same play. 

I have never seen the refs making up penalties like face-guarding or just calling a penalty without even bothering to throw a flag like they do for the Colts. Now if someone had told me that had happened, I wouldn't believe it. The thing is though I have seen it. That they give them game changing PI calls has also been witnessed. It is like they know the rule exists, but don't bother with the finer points like the definition.

Have you ever seen a ref call a game changing penalty without ever throwing a flag for any other team but the Colts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

18coltfire also fails to remember that the tuck rule was called against the Pats that same year, when the exact same call was made in favor for the Jets. God I wish these fair weather Ponies Trolls would either just post some intelligent comments (fat chance at that actually happening) or just stick to their own pathetic teams website.

Go Pats! SHOCK THE WORLD!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Rodimus, I agree.

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen the refs call a penalty without throwing a flag? Has anyone? 

The Colts/Titans game was the first time I have personally ever seen it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Naw, but I have a strange feeling that I will witness such a heinous event, come playoff time, at a certain stadium, in the midwest. I pray my team is not the victim of such a crime.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

freediro 

If the receiver stops his route causing the defender to bump into him and the ball sails over his head.
     That should not be P.I. 

But then the Colts wouldn't be 14-0.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

First: 6/16/2008
    Last: 12/26/2009
      How the Colts get PI calls.

1) Colt  receiver runs a  go route with the defender following behind.

2) At the count of 3 Payton throws the ball toward receiver but just over his head.

3) At the count of 3.5 the receiver momentarily stops running while also extending arms into air.

4) Defender runs into the receiver while ball sails over head.

5) Ref. calls defensive pass interference.

6) repeat as needed.

I think you're dead on here.  It seems like an obvious loophole in the rules giving the offensive player who knows where he's going and cutting an unfair advantage.  I Can't imagine that the NFL doesn't know about this loophole but they have made no attempt to fix it.  Seems to me just adding to the rule "the defensive player has the right to continue on his path when playing a defender" would solve the problem.  That and make PI reviewable.  QB ratings have skyrocketed and the rules are changing the NFL. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Mungo - In the case you describe, if the receiver is not playing the ball and the defender is and the receiver stopping to create contact hinders the defender from reaching the ball then it is OPI. I guess the refs are getting it half right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

First: 6/10/2008
    Last: 12/26/2009
    Mungo - In the case you describe, if the receiver is not playing the ball and the defender is and the receiver stopping to create contact hinders the defender from reaching the ball then it is OPI. I guess the refs are getting it half right.

I think he is describing a situation where the reciever cuts into the defender chasing him before the defender can stop.  As long as the reciever knows the ball is in the air all he needs to do is turn his head skyward and the call will be defensive PI.  The refs seem to interpret this kind of contact as the defender initiating the contact, even though it is impossible to stop from a full sprint if the person you're chasing cuts into you.  The Pats Colts game had this type of play.  The Patriot defender (I forget who it was), was actually playing the ball but when he jumped for the underthrown ball his momentum carried him into Wayne who was also playing the ball.  I think the Refs saw that as the defender initiating contact, and I think it's a bad loophole in the rule.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I am thinking specifically to the Pats/Colts game where Collie did this to Butler. Butler was clearly turned and looking for the ball. Collie had not even looked yet but drew his shoulders back to initiate contact. That to me was OPI as the contact was initiated by the offensive player not playing the ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Enoch-I am thinking specifically to the Pats/Colts game where Collie did this to Butler. Butler was clearly turned and looking for the ball. Collie had not even looked yet but drew his shoulders back to initiate contact. That to me was OPI as the contact was initiated by the offensive player not playing the ball.

Response- Enoch, That Butler call was definitely OPI if anything at all. By standards set by the refs that would probably be a no call because they hardly ever call OPI but the WR initiated contact so if you throw the Flag it has to be OPI...But not that day and not that play. I watched that play a dozen times on Tivo and was amazed..I got to tell you, I'm looking forward to watching the Colts/Jets today almost as much as the Pats. Now the Jets have what I consider the best "D" in the league.( I don't know what the Numbers are  but that is the toughest "D" I have seen this year week in and week out) If Revis and Rhodes start getting flagged to keep Colts drives alive that will be the clincher. Let's just hope the Jets get up early and force the Refs hand.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

"And as long as everyone is moving toward the idea that the colts victories are invalid because of the call breaks they have received, so too are the pats SB's invalid which means you have to go back way back for a valid Pats SB victory.

Just because I sick of hearing about colts getting calls I thought I would remind everyone of the issue with their logic because you can't have it both ways.  Either you think the colts win illegitmately and thus must give back the pats SB's or the calls are fine and you get to keep them"  Underdoggpoop

Ah, UD - the last bastion of your transparent, twisted logic - say, are you really Obama in disguise?  Talk about stating your case by bringing up a completely different issue that has nothing to do with the argument.  For weeks, you've blathered on about how us Pats fans are conspiracy theorists WRT this topic - and I've told you to go read other fans' boards, but you wouldn't - not even your own obviously.  When presented with proof it's not just us you pull the Obamaesque bait and switch - proven wrong about something, you change the subject - just brilliant debating skills shown there skippy.  Once again, you've been exposed as a fact-challenged zero, that brings absolutely nothing to the conversation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Look for the Colts to be the recipients of even more of these calls as they get closer to that undefeated season. I'd really love to be able to see the actual numbers. How many PI calls per pass attempts would negate the argument that the Colts get more due to their passing more. Also it would be interesting to see how many came in the 4th quarter, or in the second half when Indy was trailing. Two other huge calls I can remember going their way, too, though they wound up losing both games. The Palomalu interception in the 05 playoffs and the phantom blocking in the back against SD when Sproles returned a kick for a TD just before the half (I think that was in 06, but I'm not sure). The only way to fix this situation is to let PI calls be reviewable (or even be mandatorily reviewed). The game is too fast to be certain the refs actually saw it like it really happened. They state they don't do this due to the extra time it would take, but I think getting the calls right is more important than bringing a game to conclusion in under three and a half hours. Again it all comes back to the money factor. The league is convinced that people want to see more scoring, so I don't see this issue going away any time soon.