Colts 35 Pats 34 = Best thing that ever happened

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Colts 35 Pats 34 = Best thing that ever happened

Does anyone else get the feeling this loss and everyone questioning BB coudl be the best thing that happened this season?

With all the media crapping on BB, and the team (and fans now) rallying around him and the Pats - I just have this feeling the Pats go on a serious run.

Only time will tell....  but I have a feeling we are about to see those "old underdog Pats" of the past that no one thought could win...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Re: Colts 35 Pats 34 = Best thing that ever happened

Ahhhh, no!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Patriots have always played well with that "disrespect" chip on their shoulder.  But, I wanted the W.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The "disrespect" thing is all well and good -- if you believe in that kind of thing.

Me, I kind of think the word "disrespect" has been bandied about so much that it has lost whatever cache it may have once had. It's like "nice." It's an empty word that doesn't represent anything tangible. Looking at a guy wrong is "disrespect". Not looking at a guy is "disrespect." Running your mouth is "disrespect." Answering with silence is "disrespect." Certain segments of the population -- athletes not least among them -- have invested so much emotional currency in this nebulous concept and hammered it home so relentlessly, that the word itself simply doesn't mean anything anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bearclaw. Show Bearclaw's posts

In Response to Colts 35 Pats 34 = Best thing that ever happened:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else get the feeling this loss and everyone questioning BB coudl be the best thing that happened this season? Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

That could well be the case. Great teams come back whne they need to.

Certainly was the case for the Yankees when they smoked the BoSox in the back half of the season.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Players still have to play and this is not the same defense that BB had in the past.

No Leadership!

No Nastiness!

Thats the problem...these guys might be too soft on defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I agree the term "disrespect"  has lost its cache...

And just to be clear I did want the win BAD!!! 

BUT....

It didn't happen, and in the fashion it didn't happen I can just see Brady going off - defense too. 

Maybe its "wishfull" thinking but we'll see. 

Let it start with a 45-10 win over the Jets!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Definitely not the best thing that could've happen... We could've won out and Indy could've lost 1 more game giving us home field advantage.

Indy outdoors in the cold is as nuetralizing as it gets. And i still dont necessarily think it will be easy to win on the road in the playoffs whoever we face.

But we"ll see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

If I recall correctly, the final game loss by the NY Giants in the 2007 season was what inspired them to believe that they could play toe-to-toe against any team.

Just saying, that sometimes a loss can indeed inspire a team to great heights! 

Perhaps, the loss to the Colts by such a narrow margin will be the nudge that the PATS need, particularly the younger players, to grasp the essential fact that one play can change the outcome of a game, not to mention a season.

Discipline, discipline, discipline.

Focus, focus, focus.

Do your job, do your job, do your job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I would say no.  Losing a potential bye and home field advantge is not a good thing.  Even if the Pats learned a lesson and now have a "chip on their shoulder" (hate that expression), they will need to go on the road to get to the SB.  That is never easy.  Me?  I'd rather have the win. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: Colts 35 Pats 34 = Best thing that ever happened:
    [QUOTE]I would say no.  Losing a potential bye and home field advantge is not a good thing.  Even if the Pats learned a lesson and now have a "chip on their shoulder" (hate that expression), they will need to go on the road to get to the SB.  That is never easy.  Me?  I'd rather have the win. 
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree with you more.  This was SO bad, everyone's trying to look for that lil' ray of sunshine.  It's raining folks and the rain will continue to fall until the playoff picture takes a more definitive shape.  As of now, it looks as if last Sunday cost us tremendously...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Maybe we'll get a couple of make up calls in January!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Re: Colts 35 Pats 34 = Best thing that ever happened:
    [QUOTE]Players still have to play and this is not the same defense that BB had in the past. No Leadership! No Nastiness! Thats the problem...these guys might be too soft on defense.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

I agree.  They're young.

I think all the talk this week about BB not having faith in his defense should rally them to start playing every game like it's their last.

Wouldn't it be nice for the defense to find itself against the crying rexasaurus.