Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

In response to pauldeba's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]If great sports towns are defined that way due to signficant population that would mean Taft was the greatest president because he was the largest, right?[/QUOTE]

This is quite clearly the most illogical analogy and dumbest comment you have ever made around here, and that is up against some pretty stiff competition.

[/QUOTE]

are you still hurt by the last comment I made to one of your ridiculous posts paul?  My statement was completely appropriate as it is as ridiculous as the idea that people from big markets call small markets poor sports towns. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

out door games are going to be cold this weekend.  

dont know what's going on in Indy.  I was going to make a crack about the crowd sound loop they play on the PA system there but I'll pass.

people might still be mad about Manning being dumped and dumped on by Irsay.

Watch out for those Mayflower moving vans.

[/QUOTE]

Does Belichick have some video to prove it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Indianapolis one of the poorest cities countrywide...no surprise

Job market is terrible, unemployment is high ..explains it!

[/QUOTE]

This from a guy who appears to be repping a video game via his moniker.  If anyone knows the economy and job markets, its adult who loves his video games. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

dont know what's going on in Indy.  I was going to make a crack about the crowd sound loop they play on the PA system there but I'll pass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, maybe.  He isn't talking.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you think the packers do not have demand for decades of season ticket holders waiting in the wings and their home game is not sold out, you have issues.

[/QUOTE]

Someone says Green Bay is not sold out.

Rusty Trombone says they are.

I post a news link saying that they are not sold out.

Rusty Trombone says I have issues if I believe that.

Here's a screenshot just taken:

Do you think this will prove to Rusty Trombone that ONCE AGAIN he's wrong?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

According to Rusty Trombone, even if tickets are readily available at Ticketmaster, you have issues if you think the game isn't sold out.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holly and Salk said the projection is for -30 wind chill in GB at game time. I wouldn't go to that either...

[/QUOTE]

poussssy

[/QUOTE]

I am as you say... I spent 9 years working in all weather for UPS and now I can't stand it when its below freezing. Its 66 in my house right now and I'm cold. I prefer to watch my football indoors, on a big screen, with lots of food and liquid refreshments. My best friend is coming out from Nebraska for a memorial mass next week, we will either be watching at Michaels Harborside in Newburyport or The Holy Grail in Epping, NH...

[/QUOTE]

Well lets just say that there are lots of fired up individuals that would kill to go to this game in Green Bay.  The NFL has created this policy where they threaten blackouts to sell over priced tickets.    that is harsh and dimwitted.  If they could fill the stadiums with a creative re-distribution effort they would win twice-over...  creating goodwill and new young fans.

But they are not capable of thinking beyond glomming onto to their dollars.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rusty Trombone, why haven't you replied?

"Oh.  Wow.  I really can't believe it.  I just can't imagine there being tickets available.  Shocking.  But, anyway, you were right and I was wrong.  Sorry about that."

That would be a manly/adult thing to say.

The little child approach would be to remain silent and go post elsewhere in hopes this goes away.  I assure you it won't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Well lets just say that there are lots of fired up individuals that would kill to go to this game in Green Bay.  The NFL has created this policy where they threaten blackouts to sell over priced tickets.    that is harsh and dimwitted.  If they could fill the stadiums with a creative re-distribution effort they would win twice-over...  creating goodwill and new young fans.

[/QUOTE]

The blackout rule has been in effect for a very long time.  I remember when I was a kid this happened to the Pats often.  When they were actually on TV, it was a treat.  Normally we had to listen to the game on the radio.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, maybe.  He isn't talking.   

[/QUOTE]

nice response.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to Rusty Trombone, even if tickets are readily available at Ticketmaster, you have issues if you think the game isn't sold out.

[/QUOTE]

Russ is an idiot.  He proves it every single day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Indianapolis one of the poorest cities countrywide...no surprise

Job market is terrible, unemployment is high ..explains it!

[/QUOTE]

This from a guy who appears to be repping a video game via his moniker.  If anyone knows the economy and job markets, its adult who loves his video games. 

[/QUOTE]

Just admit indianapolis is a crappy pro sports town

[/QUOTE]

That would require me to be a lying idiot like you.  I don't subscribe to that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Udog, What are your thoughts on why the game didn't sell out?

BTW, I see that the black out deadline has been extended.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fans aren't going to the Green Bay game because it's going to be absurdly cold. 

Fans aren't going to the Cincy game because they are sick of getting their hearts broken by Marvin 'playoff tease" Lewis and company, and they know Dalton is good for four picks here and there. 

Fans aren't going to the Colts game because most of them would rather talk about Manning and follow Manning than their own team, as UD6 shows in here almost daily

[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the guy is TFB for Manning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Green Bay not selling out is different from Cincy and Indy, GB just made the playoffs on the last week of the season. Tickets were going to take some time to sell, Indy and Cincy have locked up Home games for weeks now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The folks who do not buy tickets or go to these games have DirecTV's football package and can see the games in the comfort of 70 degrees, lounge chairs, big screen TVs and very inexpensive food and drink.  Other than for the Colts, a dome, given the forecasted weather in Cincy and GB, seems that is the reason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The blackout rule has been in effect for a very long time.  I remember when I was a kid this happened to the Pats often.  When they were actually on TV, it was a treat.  Normally we had to listen to the game on the radio.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point.  How does preventing a couple million people from seeing your product since you are too cheap to buy up a few thousand tickets,  help your cause ...?  The advertising alone would make the investment  worthwhile.  Dumb as rocks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The folks who do not buy tickets or go to these games have DirecTV's football package and can see the games in the comfort of 70 degrees, lounge chairs, big screen TVs and very inexpensive food and drink.  Other than for the Colts, a dome, given the forecasted weather in Cincy and GB, seems that is the reason.

[/QUOTE]

That sounds logical but then how do you explain that Philly is sold out and it's going to be 22 at kickoff Saturday Night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That sounds logical but then how do you explain that Philly is sold out and it's going to be 22 at kickoff Saturday Night.

[/QUOTE]

It's Philly and they are a great sports town.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's Philly and they are a great sports town.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Philly is incredibly dedicated, if they actually had better sports teams you'd never hear the end of it from them. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

One of the worst pro rsports markets in the country.  How embarrassing for Underpants.

[/QUOTE]

Why would you think that a poor sports market would embarrass a fan of a team from that market.  That's just plain stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't know about Indy, but having been to many games in Green Bay (my wife's from there and her family has had season tickets since Lambeau opened) I can tell you that city is absolutely insane about the Packers. The only place more insane about its football team might be Regina, Saskatchewan.  

(As Mick Jagger once alledgedly said . . ."Regina, the city that rhymes with fun" Wink

2. Riderville
    Regina is home to the 'Green Bay Packers of Canada' – who knew? The community-owned Saskatchewan Roughriders football team – one of eight in the Canadian Football League – has a rabid following, despite the team's lackluster history (most years). Rider fans account for over half of the full league's merchandise sales. Each game becomes a 'Riderville' of gang green outfits, many homemade (I saw green Darth Vaders, green Bravehearts, green body suits, green moustaches). Even stands in away games in Edmonton or Calgary are frequently half-green, at least.

5. Its pronunciation
    It's not said Regina like the name, but embarrassingly linked, rhyme-wise, with a certain part of the female anatomy. Or as one local DJ puts it, 'Regina: it rhymes with fun.' Maybe they should switch to the city nickname, Queen City?

Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/canada/travel-tips-and-articles/76732#ixzz2pIwFRD73

Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/canada/travel-tips-and-articles/76732#ixzz2pIw8yWqt