Colts Disgrace Themselves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves

In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : Nonsense. The Colts' problems are more far reaching than simply Manning being gone. But guys like my buddy TP play right into your hands with this BS about the 2008 season. It does serve them right though. If you spin to make something look the way you want it rather than what it is, sooner or later it's going to bite you in the asss.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Actually Babe, it is you who unwittingly are playing right into The Dog(gggg)'s grubby little hands. Let him claim all he wants that the terrible drop off by his lovables is all because Peyton isn't there. That's just a bunch of Doggy-do. The Colts were extremely lucky to finish 10-6 last year, in the weak AFC South. They were 6-6, and had to win their last 4 games in a row to barely hold off the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Peyton's performance last year was below parr (for him), and the key core players on his team were slowing due to old age. Bill Polian's poor personnel decisions, poor drafting, the hiring of a Polian puppet as a coach, the failure to develop a dependable back-up QB, and management's inexcusable neglect in getting to the bottom of Peyton's neck problems have created the "perfect storm", resulting in this imperfect Indy season.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

On average using the last 7 years as a benchmark, Wayne's numbers are down as follows:

receptions:  down 26%, on pace for 68, avg last 7 yrs - 92
    Yds:           down 23%, on pace for 973, avg last 7 yrs - 1264
    TD's:          down 75%, on pace for 2, avg last 7 yrs - 8

Further, take away Wayne's first game of the year 7 catches (23% of this yrs production), 106 yds (25% of this yrs production), 1 TD (100% of this yrs production), which looks like an aberration compared to the other 6 games and you might get a more accurate idea of where Wayne will finish this year.  Its not good. 

And yes, Brady clearly revived Moss' career. 

I do think this.  When I argue on Manning's behalf, I think most here think I am slighting Brady.  I suppose if you think Brady is best and I don't that might be true, but really that's not my point.  I think Brady and Manning are far and away the two best players of the last decade and not separated by a great deal. 

But I have my reasons for believing Manning is better just as you and many here believe Brady is better.  I am not offended by that notion, I wish others here weren't offended by my perspective. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]When I argue on Manning's behalf, I think most here think I am slighting Brady.  I suppose if you think Brady is best and I don't that might be true, but really that's not my point.  I think Brady and Manning are far and away the two best players of the last decade and not separated by a great deal.  But I have my reasons for believing Manning is better just as you and many here believe Brady is better.  I am not offended by that notion, I wish others here weren't offended by my perspective. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be offended if I thought this is what you actually thought (I do not expect a Colts fan to think Brady is better than Manning).  Maybe it is, but some of your other posts can easily be interpreted otherwise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves :      Actually Babe, it is you who unwittingly are playing right into The Dog(gggg)'s grubby little hands. Let him claim all he wants that the terrible drop off by his lovables is all because Peyton isn't there. That's just a bunch of Doggy-do. The Colts were extremely lucky to finish 10-6 last year, in the weak AFC South. They were 6-6, and had to win their last 4 games in a row to barely hold off the Jacksonville Jaguars.      Peyton's performance last year was below parr (for him), and the key core players on his team were slowing due to old age. Bill Polian's poor personnel decisions, poor drafting, the hiring of a Polian puppet as a coach, the failure to develop a dependable back-up QB, and management's inexcusable neglect in getting to the bottom of Peyton's neck problems have created the "perfect storm", resulting in this imperfect Indy season.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Since TP won't talk to me directly - I'll say it to the board. 

Don't let TP's poor attempt to spin sway any of you from your opinions.  And certainly don't let him call you out for anything regarding his above comments.  He's already, of his own volition, and without request, cited his reasoning for Manning being better and more valueable than Brady.  

None of you have to agree with him or me, but just know that he's done it.  And don't be surprised if he doesn't admit it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : I wouldn't be offended if I thought this is what you actually thought (I do not expect a Colts fan to think Brady is better than Manning).  Maybe it is, but some of your other posts can easily be interpreted otherwise.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

I accept that it may appear that way sometimes but you have to consider sometimes the sources for my responses.  At times my efforts to remain above board are brought down by some who wish nothing more than to be as*es.  Its those times that I respond in kind. 

Certainly there are many who don't like it, but I don't care.  I accept that I can't win on this board, but for some I like the discussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] I do think this.  When I argue on Manning's behalf, I think most here think I am slighting Brady.  I suppose if you think Brady is best and I don't that might be true, but really that's not my point.  I think Brady and Manning are far and away the two best players of the last decade and not separated by a great deal.  But I have my reasons for believing Manning is better just as you and many here believe Brady is better.  I am not offended by that notion, I wish others here weren't offended by my perspective. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

The fact is, whether you will admit it or not, that you would take the legacy for Brady as Manning's legacy in a heartbeat. Pats' fans wouldn't do the same. Maybe 5 years ago that would be debatable, but it isn't any more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : The fact is, whether you will admit it or not, that you would take the legacy for Brady as Manning's legacy in a heartbeat. Pats' fans wouldn't do the same. Maybe 5 years ago that would be debatable, but it isn't any more.

More Doggy-do about him not slighting Brady. For years, he has sarcastically referred to Brady as a glorified "game manager", who only won because he had a good defense backing him up...and, according to him, only over the past two years has that changed. So...don't buy the latest BS that he's peddling. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Brady became the first-ever unanimously chosen player to be named the NFL's Most Valuable Player.

FIRST EVER. IN NFL HISTORY.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This from Indy QB Curtis Painter, in the aftermath of the 62-7 blowout:

"Quote machine — QB Curtis Painter, sounding a lot like Polian on Monday’s radio show, on if loss had to do with a lack of execution or effort: “I don’t think the effort’s ever been in question, so just sharpening things up.” I wish there was some way to enlighten this team on how ridiculous this sounds after losing 62-7 Sunday night. As someone tweeted me back Tuesday, so what would the score have been if the Colts didn’t have effort? Like 100-7?" http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2011/10/26/good-morning-colts-fans-oct-26-2011/

LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : LOL - what's been proven this year is that Manning didn't have the support that Brady has had and won in spite of that lack of support.  Pats 11-5 without Brady.  Colts 0-7 without Manning.  TP and Russ, you have both made your case for Manning being better, and I am not going to allow you to walk away from that. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Are you comparing a stacked team to a crumbling team? 
    How about this, Cassel led the Pats to a 11-5 season after the Pats went 16-0.  Last year the Colts went 10-6, SO if an inferior Painter (to Cassel) comes close to winning 5 games, will you shut up?
    Also, I forget, didnt Cassel get AFC player of the week twice while the "GPETPF" played during those weeks?
    However, it may be too late for this team to actually try to win a game now.  Polian will try to get highest draft pick he can get now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

C.O.L.T.S. is back

Count on losing this sunday!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : The fact is, whether you will admit it or not, that you would take the legacy for Brady as Manning's legacy in a heartbeat. Pats' fans wouldn't do the same. Maybe 5 years ago that would be debatable, but it isn't any more.

Babe...here's some Cold, Hard Football Facts which negate The Dog(gggg)'s bogus premise that the loss of Manning is the sole reason for the Colts' disasterous 2011 season:

31. INDIANAPOLIS (0-7)

Last week: 63-7 loss at New Orleans
    Next three weeks: at TEN, vs. ATL, vs. JAX
    The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Curtis Painter’s passer rating is 85.2, folks – not world-beating material, but good enough to suggest that this team would be 3-4 at best with Manning out there. They haven’t forced a turnover in four weeks.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves :      Babe...here's some Cold, Hard Football Facts which negate The Dog(gggg)'s bogus premise that the loss of Manning is the sole reason for the Colts' disasterous 2011 season: 31. INDIANAPOLIS (0-7) Last week: 63-7 loss at New Orleans Next three weeks: at TEN, vs. ATL, vs. JAX The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Curtis Painter’s passer rating is 85.2, folks – not world-beating material, but good enough to suggest that this team would be 3-4 at best with Manning out there. They haven’t forced a turnover in four weeks.  

Yep. There is a lot more wrong in Indy than Manning being MIA. But that won't stop guys like doggie from comparing this to the 2008 Pats and saying, see Manning is better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves :But now, I see the true reason why you are making such a big deal out of the schedule. You're a big-time Brady man! I can't fault you there. But still, beating 11 NFL teams without Tom Terrific is a terrific accomplishment, no matter how you slice it.

I never said BB didn't do a great job that season. But without that schedule he wouldn't have done THAT great a job.

If we're going to say the schedule wasn't a huge factor, we have to say Sporano was a great coach that year as well - and we KNOW that isn't true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : I never said BB didn't do a great job that season. But without that schedule he wouldn't have done THAT great a job. If we're going to say the schedule wasn't a huge factor, we have to say Sporano was a great coach that year as well - and we KNOW that isn't true.

The Dolphins that Sparano inherited weren't that bad, talent wise. Don't forget that the 2007 'Fins were "coached" by Cam Cameron, a/k/a Mr. Fail Fast First. For those who don't know what I'm referring to: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d80154651/Cameron-Fail-Forward-Fast. LOL!!!!!

The Cameron regime are the geniuses who traded away Wes Welker to the Patriots for a 2nd round draft pick...and were counting on Daunte' "Wounded Knee" Culpepper, and John Beck, a/k/a "The Beck Girl", to play QB for them. Is there any wonder why Cameron's Clowns "failed fast"?? 

But, in 2008, Bill Parcells took over...and brought in Chad Pennington to play QB, and added pro-bowl LT Jake Long through the draft...among others, through free agent acquisition...in a huge overturning of the roster, similar to what the Patriots did in 2001: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Miami_Dolphins_season

The 2008 Dolphins had talented RBs, in Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. To maximize their effectiveness, the Dolphins played "ground and pound", and introduced the Wildcat formation...which, for the first half of the season, caught the league off guard.

Getting back to the 2008 Patriots, nobody thought that they would win 5 games without Tom Brady. We're just going to have to agree to disagree about the so-called soft Patriots' schedule minimizing BB's 11 win accomplishment. No question that Tom Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all-time. But, in 2008, BB proved beyond all doubt that he was one of the greatest coaches of all-time, capable of winning with or without Tom Brady.

That said, the Patriots' great success in the past decade has been due primarily to the collaboration of these two future first ballot Hall of Famers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves :      The Dolphins that Sparano inherited weren't that bad, talent wise. Don't forget that the 2007 'Fins were "coached" by Cam Cameron, a/k/a Mr. Fail Fast First. For those who don't know what I'm referring to: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d80154651/Cameron-Fail-Forward-Fast . LOL!!!!!      The Cameron regime are the geniuses who traded away Wes Welker to the Patriots for a 2nd round draft pick...and were counting on Daunte' "Wounded Knee" Culpepper, and John Beck, a/k/a "The Beck Girl", to play QB for them. Is there any wonder why Cameron's Clowns "failed fast"??       But, in 2008, Bill Parcells took over...and brought in Chad Pennington to play QB, and added pro-bowl LT Jake Long through the draft...among others, through free agent acquisition...in a huge overturning of the roster, similar to what the Patriots did in 2001: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Miami_Dolphins_season      The 2008 Dolphins had talented RBs, in Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. To maximize their effectiveness, the Dolphins played "ground and pound", and introduced the Wildcat formation...which, for the first half of the season, caught the league off guard.      Getting back to the 2008 Patriots, nobody thought that they would win 5 games without Tom Brady. We're just going to have to agree to disagree about the so-called soft Patriots' schedule minimizing BB's 11 win accomplishment. No question that Tom Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all-time. But, in 2008, BB proved beyond all doubt that he was one of the greatest coaches of all-time, capable of winning with or without Tom Brady.      That said, the Patriots' great success in the past decade has been due primarily to the collaboration of these two future first ballot Hall of Famers.

I agree to agree to disagree.

We will find out all too soon if BB can win without Brady. Frankly, I thought they would go about 10-6 even without Brady against that schedule that year. I certainly wasn't expecting a disaster like 5-11. I am rather more observant of schedule as a factor than most fans are. Schedule is a real real big deal in the NFL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : I agree to agree to disagree. We will find out all too soon if BB can win without Brady.

RESPONSE: Don't say that!! That's something I rather wait another 3-4 years to find out. 

Frankly, I thought they would go about 10-6 even without Brady against that schedule that year. I certainly wasn't expecting a disaster like 5-11. I am rather more observant of schedule as a factor than most fans are. Schedule is a real real big deal in the NFL.

RESPONSE: You can't always tell about how strong or weak a schedule is, until the season starts...and you get to see the teams play. For example, who knew that the Colts would be without Manning (except me...LOL!!) and be this bad? In 2008, Seattle was coming off a 10-6 season, and being in the SB the year before...yet finished 2-14 that year. Miami, as you correctly pointed out, was 1-15 in 2007, yet 11-5 in 2008. The 2001 Patriots rebounded from 5-11 in 2000, to win the SB in 2001.