Colts Fans Sink to a New Low

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Colts Fans Sink to a New Low

C'mon guys! Obviously Peyton threw that pick on purpose! He was being a true American hero by giving the poor Saints a ring!

Here's one gem from Indy's best and brightest:

"Peyton just looked at it as if he were being a better humanitarian if the Saints won the Super Bowl, especially given what the city of New Orleans had gone through. So he got a ring, and Eli got a ring (the year after Peyton in 2008), and in a sense, maybe Archie got a ring with the Saints winning this Super Bowl."

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/02/22/peyton-a-double-agent-some-think-so/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Colts Fans Sink to a New low

LOL - Did you think fandom was an exclusive right of Pats fans? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: Colts Fans Sink to a New Low

This was just another slow day in the cubicle and the "journalist" decided it would be cool to tell everyone what he overheard at the day care center.
    I just wish these bozos would stop referring to the grassy knoll as if it's some sort of ironclad source of clever humor. Starting to get on my nerves. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Typical Colts fan. We call it choking and they call it Philanthropy. I remember when Peyton used to want the Patriots to have a few rings too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

lol..Fans are similar everywhere. There was a post floating around in this after after the loss to Raven. It said that we deliberately tanked the game so we don't have to fall under the 'final 8' rule in the uncapped year! I guess conspiracy theorist are having a field day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Such a load of BS! The Ravens whipped their a s s e s, that's a simple fact. Our defense is too young to play from behind, once Baltimore got up by 2 TDs the game was pretty much over. The Colts surely were playing to win, and if Peyton did throw that pick on purpose his teammates would have thrown him under the bus...literally! The Saints were the best team this season, they deserved to win it all. Mr. Wonderful knew everyone would gauge him on this game. When he choked he only sealed his own legacy. While he may be compared to guys like Marino and Young, Tom Brady will be compared to Montana and Bradshaw. Colts fans are in denial. It's a mindset they are all too used to taking in the postseason. Even the one year they won it all Manning stunk in the postseason. AV, Rex Grossman, and the anemic KC offense won him his one ring! Why are we listening to Colts fans, anyway? I don't put much stock into inbred wisdom! When they need a law to outlaw banging your cows, how smart can these people be???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

You know what will really be pathetic?  When the Colts haven't won a Super Bowl in 5 years and their loser fans still endlessly obsess over former rivals instead of coming to grips with the fact that their team is no longer relevant. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

The Pats missed their 4th and 2 to win by inches...on the road! Manning would have still had to guide the Colts to a TD if he didn't throw that pick and they still would have to stop the Saints after! Manning and the Colts truly got their buts kicked in the SB, no two ways about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Where was Manning The Magnificient during the 2nd qtr in the SB? You know, the "coach" at the QB position, using multiuple audibles, moving players around, calling what he sees agains tthe defense on the field and not 100% of what the alleged HC sends in?  I seem to recall the Colt defense, you know, the baanged up and underrated one, stones the Saints inside the 5 yard line. Old Horseface leads the tropps out and soon face a 3rd and 3. He's got room to pass, and a good solid receiving corps. The Saints stacked the box, so he RUNS the ball. Didn't get teh 1st down, and that was the only possession of the 2nd QTR before Old Horse Face sulked on teh bench. Anyone esle notice how there was no mention of his implied great coaching accumen after that series?

I can't wait to read about how the Colts are once again the best thing since canned spaghetti and sliced bread come next July.  How they'll win teh SB, etc, AGAIN...... Sad; pretty sad.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think you might be surprised at how much of Peyton's histrionics at the line of scrimmage are just inconsequential blather designed to make the defense overthink itself.

I forget who it was on the Sports Reporters (probably Mitch Albom) who said, "If Peyton was really out there changing the play three times in 12 seconds, everyone on the field would have to be just as smart as him. Do you believe that?"

That "Offensive Coordinator on the Field" fooferall is a lot of contrived nonsense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

They sunk to a new low when all 20,000 of them went to their last championship parade and then even lower when only 11 visited their returning heros at the airport after the SB.

Worst fans in the league bar none.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I think you might be surprised at how much of Peyton's histrionics at the line of scrimmage are just inconsequential blather designed to make the defense overthink itself.
    I forget who it was on the Sports Reporters (probably Mitch Albom) who said, 'If Peyton was really out there changing the play three times in 12 seconds, Everyone on the field would have to be just as smart as him. Do you believe that
    ?'"

Such a strange correlation of terms...Peyton Manning=Smart...Everyone Else on the Field=As Smart as Peyton Manning?  I'm somewhat perplexed on exactly how I should respond to this...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You guys have it all wrong, when the play works - Manning called it, when the play doesn't work- the coach called it.  See.... it's not his fault.  Also if the offense doesn't score points it's the fault of the defense.  It's so obvious to anyone in Indiana.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Laz --

I can't really comment on how intelligent Manning may or may not actually be. We're not that close. But the perception -- or perhaps I should say the media spin -- on Manning is that he's some kind of human computer out there on the field, surveying the defense and clicking through all his permutations to come up with the perfect play in a matter of moments and signalling all of this to his teammates so that no defense yet contrived can possibly hope to contain the irreisitible juggernaut that is the Indy offense.

In reality -- and I have no less an authority than underdogg(g) himself to thank for this tidbit -- the Colts offense is actually fairly simple compared to, for intance the Pats'. I think Albom's point was that all Manning is doing out there with all that hand jive he goes into is trying to fool the defense into thinking that he is thinking more than he really is.

I think.

Now I'm confused.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Laz --
    I can't really comment on how intelligent Manning may or may not actually be. We're not that close. But the perception -- or perhaps I should say the media spin -- on Manning is that he's some kind of human computer out there on the field, surveying the defense and clicking through all his permutations to come up with the perfect play in a matter of moments and signalling all of this to his teammates so that no defense yet contrived can possibly hope to contain the irreisitible juggernaut that is the Indy offense
    ."

Mike,

First, WE have standards to uphold on this site Mike...as a longtime poster, you know that as well as I.  There are carefully guarded stereotypes to man as sentry-posts and real-proven facts to desperately hold at bay below our watchtower earthworks as Pat's Fans...  In otherwords, Any other notion other than "Peyton Manning is a G!mp" is largely unacceptable...  C'mon Mike-Patriot Red colored lenses my friend.

Seriously though, It seems the media goes with whomever happens to be the flavor of the day (sheez, that's the best I could do?)- I remember the media said eerily similiar things during Brady's SB trifecta run-although the "computations" were regarded as less ostentatious and outspoken on the field of play, more of-Brady's just freakish innate ability to "know" what or where (openings, soft spots, D pressure, etc) vs the opposition...

So as a final decree regarding Manning's line audibles: I'm gonna have to go with-At Best- they're the happenstance neuron over-connections of some id!ot savante, who's brain forgets at the same moment how to tie his shoe laces.
    At Least- they're fanciful media creations from people who are simply riding the success of whomever happens to be en vogue.
    At worst- they're slight of hand gestures equivalent to magic pixie dust, in order to dizzy and wow the defense by someone who's true main intention is merely to clean the goobers outta his eyes and nose (I'm decidedly over in this camp personally).

~THERE, that's how steretotypes should work (and if anyone disagrees with my findings, I'm just gonna stop reading their post halfway through and pretend I never saw it altogether, hrummph)...  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

How come whenever I read one of Laz's posts I am both better informed and more confused at the same time?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"How come whenever I read one of Laz's posts I am both better informed and more confused at the same time?"

ROFLOL!  Man Prairie, that has gotta be the best err-not so much "compliment"...But by far and away-the most accurate intrepretation of how I write in general which I have ever come across.  So really, when I pen out a unique new genre of literary prose, that will no doubt be hailed as the unbridled voice for this entire generation (which will be targeted as a psalm for the 3-4 book readers left on this planet), YOUR very quote Mike WILL-(mark my words)-be the heading blurb to grace the book's cover (back inner leaflet and ommited accordingly on any subsequent paperback editions).  So, seeing as how I'm still trying grasp onto that 1 overriding premise which speaks on behalf of all of us, and as I'm still rather hazy about who, how many, or even what the protagonists will be saying in the as of yet undetermined narrative voice (for the nonexistant thesis), I'd advise against doing what you're all no doubt thinking already-Putting it atop your X-mas wishlists (although I am taking advanced order deposits). 

of note:  It's not as far off as I make it sound though...I'm pretty sure I want it in a Prison, or at least a big county jail...  And I DO have little snippets, like- 2 Imbec!lic twin guards (Gemini-6000 b.c.) are manning the prison psych ward on Day 1 (dawn of mankind's time), Woman psychiatrist (mother, guilt/oedipal principle, superego, matter) comes towing a student helper on a wrist leash (father, libido held in check, delusional archetypal role of hero, spirit) in order to talk to Laz (who's naked- "nakedness" symbolic of rebirth & therefore the recovery of identity)...  Yea well, that...that's about it thus far (it's that whole ridiculous notion of having a semblance of "conversation" in storytelling, that fails me)...  I figure it'll hold everyone in the same suspense, as you were all undoubtedly held in when reading this very commentary (yup...been up for 37 hours again)...         

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Fans Sink to a New low:
    Pats fans do the same thing
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I heard that some Pats fans have said that the Pats lost to Baltimore on purpose so we could sign a big name free agent this offseason.....LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Fans Sink to a New Low:
    You know what will really be pathetic?  When the Colts haven't won a Super Bowl in 5 years and their loser fans still endlessly obsess over former rivals instead of coming to grips with the fact that their team is no longer relevant. 
    Posted by mynameisAugustWest

LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Fans Sink to a New low:
    In Response to Re: Colts Fans Sink to a New low : I heard that some Pats fans have said that the Pats lost to Baltimore on purpose so we could sign a big name free agent this offseason.....LOL!
    Posted by m1021us

I own that.  It was me.  It makes perfect sense to me. 

FYI, I have a journalism degree and you would not believe the stuff I have sniffed out before others (figuring out the Reagan arms deal with Iran the day he was inaugurated; predicting in 2004 the collapse of the economy by 2006-to-2008 and aggravated by a following real estate collapse; $80/barrel oil by 2006 back when oil was $34/barrel in 2002, predicting in 2002 that $274/oz. price of gold would eventually hit $1000/oz. within the Bush years; AIG sky-rocketing last Spring - I told anyone I could to buy it when it was 42 cents a share on a Friday, it bottomed at 39 cents the following Monday, then zoomed to over $2.50 within about six weeks; and a lot more stuff).  My professors said I had,  "a natural nose for news."

Just the same, dump on me.  It's all good fun. I can appreciate how wacky it would seem.  But it would work.  Remember - motive, motive, motive.