COLTS OR SAINTS????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

COLTS OR SAINTS????

So i'm sitting  home yesterday watching the NFL redzone to keep up with every game and and by the end of all the games i had a question:which one of these teams will be harder for the Pats to beat:Colts or Saints?  Im almost tempted to go with the Saints because i feel like they have more weapons on Offense than Colts and they are playing good defense so far.what say you?      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: COLTS OR SAINTS????

As a colts fan, right now, I would say the saints.  They have answered EVERYTHING.  They've played good competition at home and on the road.  They've survived adversity and turned poor performances around. 

Yesterday impressed me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

The Saints are the most complete team in the NFL right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'd have to say the Saints.  A Monday Night game in that dome with the Saints doing as well as they have been is going to be loud and crazy, to say the least. 

I think the Colts game will be pretty tough as well, I think it'll be close the whole way and come down to the very end just as they always seem to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Right now I consider the Colts and the Saints on equal ground. I think the colts defense is a little more rounded than the Saints and I think the Saints offense might be clicking a little better than Indy or anyone else in the league right now. I'm glad we have 3 weeks before we have to play Indy because we're going to have some work to do if want to win. I would say over all Both of those teams are going to score serious points against us (20+) so I hope our offense is at it's peak in 3 weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

What makes the Saints a very good team is that they have won games with offense and defense,home and away.yesterday in the 2nd qtr they looked like they were dead but they came back in the 2nd half and stunned the Miami Wildcats.The Colts on the other hand have not really played an elite team.of their 6 games so far only one came vs a winning team(Cards who also started 1-2).  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Saints.  They have beaten better teams.  Yesterday's come-from-behind win proves the Saints' play with grit. But they are sooooooo close.  I guess it comes down to which team(s) beats the Pats.  If one wins, one loses, the winning team must be best..until the play-offs, that is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I wish they were playing each other this year but that's not happening. I'll use they way they play agains the Pats as the measuring stick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This is a no-brainer.

It's the Colts.

Indy has gone from the team the Pats loved to steamroll on their way to the Super Bowl to one that gives them fits. It may be that the Pats' recent struggles against Indy are merely a product of the scheduling quirk that gives one team a home-field advantage for three years -- or it may not. In any case, it's important to remember that a win over the Colts could have serious playoff implications whereas a victory over N'awlins, while functional and pleasing to the eye, might ultimately mean very little in the larger scheme of things.

I still have trouble not picturing the NFC as a weak sister to the AFC, even though that may not actually be true anymore. If for no better reason than that we play them every year and familiarity gives them an edge, I would say that while the Saints may, indeed, be a better team this year, the Pats will have more trouble with the Colts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Saint's have played better teams than Indy so they get the nod. Hopefully the Pats will play them twice this season ;) Indy is still the only team I truly worry about if the Pats make the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think the Colts will be harder.  Because they play us alot, and are used to our style of Defense and what we do on Offense.  The Saints are not.  Interesting that both are away games for us.  Talk about scrue job.  At Denver (where we always have trouble)  at Indy, at N.O. and at Houston. wow.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS????:
    [QUOTE]Saint's have played better teams than Indy so they get the nod. Hopefully the Pats will play them twice this season ;) Indy is still the only team I truly worry about if the Pats make the playoffs.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. I don't really fear Pittsburgh or Denver. Right now I don't think we can beat Indy unless we get our act together a little better. It's nice to beat up on Tampa and the Titans but beating Indy on Sunday night in Indy will really say something about our team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from uknepatsfan. Show uknepatsfan's posts

The Colts will be a harder test in my opinion.

Miami showed yesterday that you can beat the Saints. If that's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger instead of Chad Henne everyone would be talking today about how the Saints were exposed.

However, in my opinion, both these games are winnable for the Pats as long as they stick to their gameplan and execute. 

Miami actually showed you the blueprint to beat both these teams and but for better execution at the end they would have beaten both these undefeated teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I think we can beat either team although both games should be shootouts. I do consider the Colts a better team with a better QB (Manning > Brees) and they also just got Bob Sanders back. Why the hell do they always get him back right before they play us! Indy will be a tough test but i actually think our D has been underrated. This is definitely the BEST secondary we've had in quite some time. Pass rush could be better but i like our chances...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Colts will be harder.  Because they play us alot, and are used to our style of Defense and what we do on Offense.  The Saints are not.  Interesting that both are away games for us.  Talk about scrue job.  At Denver (where we always have trouble)  at Indy, at N.O. and at Houston. wow.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Dave,

No one predicted that the saints, denver, or indy would be THIS good, while most said the pats were SB faves. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]The Colts will be a harder test in my opinion. Miami showed yesterday that you can beat the Saints. If that's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger instead of Chad Henne everyone would be talking today about how the Saints were exposed. However, in my opinion, both these games are winnable for the Pats as long as they stick to their gameplan and execute.  Miami actually showed you the blueprint to beat both these teams and but for better execution at the end they would have beaten both these undefeated teams.
    Posted by uknepatsfan[/QUOTE]
    So are you suggesting that the pats go wildcat?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampoof. Show tampoof's posts

IMO the colts are curently the best team in the NFL. No disrespect to what the Saints have accomplished thus far, but the colts have proven themselves to be a 12+ winning team year after year. I also belieave either the PATS or the Colts will represent the AFC in the SB this year. Very explosive on offense and oppurtunistic on defense. If will be a great matchup as we bring along our young studs to try to combat manning and his young receivers. The Saints will flame out once the pressure of the playoffs comes along. They looked very vulnerable against the dolphins yesterday. If teh dolphins receivers could catch, the outcome would have been different.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

The Pats must beat both of those teams to have  any real credibility.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Since their is a famliarity factor with the Colts, i think BB will know how to attack the colts defense and offense, it should still be a close game as usual. Even with Matt Cassel last year the pats had a good chance to win the game, minus the Jabar Gaffney drop and David Thomas late hit penalty, the pats were hangin in there, and we have a way better defensive back group than last year.

A formula is already set;

1. outside linebackers must set the edge on the colts stretch run play

2.That will take away the big stretch play action plays (manning to clark deep over the middle)

3.Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis must be accounted for on every play!

4. Mix in a good balance of run,pass, draws and screens to keep the colts pass rush honest.

matchups to watch;
    Brandon Mcgowan on Dallas Clark.- Mcgowan has done a great job on tight ends so far this year. Adalius Thomas jams the tight end on the line of scrimmage and Mcgowan picks up from there. However Clark and Manning have the best QB to tight end chemistry in the league. This will be interesting.

Saints will be tougher because lac of familiarity, and they have a pressure based defense, they bring heavy blitzes with good coverage on the back end, similar to the Jets style, so that will be tough for the pats o-line who didnt look too good against the Bucs.

On offense they can spread you out 5 wide, or run the ball down your throat with three headed backfield; Mike Bell, Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush, leading the way is Heath Evans and a very underrated offensive line. The saints ability to be balanced on offense along with a pressure based defense, presents problems that the Pats will have to play their A game to execute against.

key matchup;

Jerod Mayo v.s Reggie Bush

At one point in the game, the saints will design a play to get Bush in open field, no linebacker in the league has been able to succesfully mathup with Bush's open field ability. Mayo is one of the most athletic linebackers in the league and a great open field tackler, this will be a good one to watch..

thoughts??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Depends on the steel we bring to both games. If we know can, we will. If we are worried about how to play either team we will struggle. We can beat both, I think the colts will fold faster if behind. Saints have proven they will stay in it, they have shown heart.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Both games can/will be tough.  We need to beat Indy more than we do the Saints.  The Pats are going to have to play flawless in both games.    The Saints look tougher than the Colts right now.  We'll probably win one of those, but it will be tough to win both.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Freeney and Mathis are always accounted for but that is never a guarantee that they will be stopped. 

As for the colts folding if behind.  It is certainly possible, but I refer you to the Miami game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shariq. Show shariq's posts

In Bill and Tom we trust....next stop Miami...focus on them :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]As a colts fan, right now, I would say the saints.  They have answered EVERYTHING.  They've played good competition at home and on the road.  They've survived adversity and turned poor performances around.  Yesterday impressed me. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE] I dont agree.have you seen the saints schedule?very easy.there only tough opponents are the giants,cowboys,and the pats.the falcons are over-rated.the jets defense is good,but no offense.the dolphins were a good test.the colts schedule is much tougher.