Colts/Patriots Pre-Game, Game, and Post-Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread

The carry-over bummer about this is that they have to play the Lions in 4 days.  Sure it is the Lions, but it is still an important game.

When they went up 17 I really thought they would pour it on, stop them one more time, and take some of the 4th quarter off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Hey, we're rebuilding...remember.   Bodden, Warren a couple of draft picks....our future's so bright we have to wear shades.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I hate the COlts and ugly horse faces, foreheaded FREAK.....

wish we could have blown them out, but ill take the three I.N.T.'s

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]Horrible effort by Bellicheck today.  Also horrible:  Tom Brady nit geting a stinking first down the last two times the offense was on the field. The defense is supposed to be getting better as the year goes on.  But it isn't. It remains a horrible defense.  A swiss cheese defense.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

How do you blame Brady for those last 2 drives when O'brien sends in run, run, pass and everyone in America knows it coming

You know the difference between the Pats and Colts? The Colts are smart enough to put the ball in the hands of their best player (Manning) when it counts - the Pats take the ball out of their best player(Brady) - the Patriots shredded these guys for 3 qtrs running their normal offense - why not just continue doing that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The defense has not improved.  It is still anemic.  The defense is quite possibly the worst in team history.

Bellicheck needs to realize that without pressure - his anemic defense gets picked apart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I just about lost it when we gave up 14 unanswered point, but - taking a step back...

at the  beginning of the season, how many of you would have predicted an 8-2 record for the patriots????

8-2 during a re-building year - bloody amazing !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

that's not luck IMO, Cunningham made some pressure and Payton adjusted his throw that resulted in an INT..I'll take this one..defense wins it - it's their time they need this game to mature

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Given our young defence, this team will ONLY get better.... wish we could have put more pressure on horse face, but 3 INT's still feels REALLY good....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread posted at 11/21/2010 7:02 PM EST www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=05850dbc1bc27f416e461a0dbfc6bfff&plckUserId=05850dbc1bc27f416e461a0dbfc6bfff " /> 49Patriots Posts: 2453 First: 8/23/2009 Last: 11/21/2010 COME ON, D! MAKE THIS STOP! I BELIEVE IN YOU!   The New England Defense; Haters be damned! The Wright way to win a game.  You non-believers! THE D MADE THE STOP! =D LOVE IT! 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

you are right. it was not luck. they actually made the needed play. they put pressure on peyton and peyton got spooked.

i heard after the pitt win that they could not put pressure on peyton. i thought they put enough pressure on him. i believe the first int was a couple of plays after he got hit as he was throwing the ball.

nwe has enough talent to generate consistent pass rush. for some reason they take the foot off the pedal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Belichick is in awfully good mood at post game today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

HEY Guys i'm going to Detroit on Thursday, I cant wait.... anyone else going?  Im also going to Buffalo on December 26th....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]DO YOU GUYS WATCH the nfl outside the patriots ??? everybody is winning like this... no team is breaking the opponent apart... This is a different year in the nfl... too many talent in each team. GET OVER IT... WE WON...  our schedule is very hard.  
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

I do watch the NFL outside of the Patriots.....Most fans are frustrated how the Patriots let other teams back into the game...The secondary is wishy washy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Commonly accepted belief is that the Patriots defense "will get better" - but they are now 10 games in and they haven't gotten better.  There is no appreciable improvement.

The defensive play calling by BB is all prevent, all the time.  BB fears the blitz - which means he agrees that the defense has not improved one iota.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dont-hate. Show dont-hate's posts

I'll admit I lost faith. Was screaming in my livin room that God was a Jets Fan. Maybe he heard me... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]The defense has not improved.  It is still anemic.  The defense is quite possibly the worst in team history. Bellicheck needs to realize that without pressure - his anemic defense gets picked apart.

Totally agree here - if your pass defense is going to get shredded anyway, what the harm in bringing pressure - dropping 7/8 into coverage does not work against great QB's - it doesn't work against Brady and it doesn't work against Manning - INt's not withstanding

Patriots were lucky - I had them losing this game when they gave up the quick TD to get to 31-21 and follow that up coming out in the pure run set  - carbon copy of last years abortion of a game plan in the 4th QTR-  nice catch for the INT in the end - but how do you game plan for that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Colts are a wore out team....surprised they had any energy left after getting worked over in the first half...Pats showed they can dominate them

Now no let down...go beat up the detroit kitties, and do not get any injuries

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I am EXCITED that we came away with this..

Last year..we lose this game !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I LOVE IT!

I would not have been able to function tomorrow had we lost this one. What a game! Loved the look on The Hick's face after the INT. Tongue out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dont-hate. Show dont-hate's posts

Does anyone else think that Woodhead looks like a beatnick poet? We was poetry on the field today

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Oh well - you have to be very excited about 8 - 2. 

Hats off to the offense this season.  They are going to have to continue to carry the load on offense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Did anyone see how dejected Vinateri was that he could not kick for the tie?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Oh well - you have to be very excited about 8 - 2.  Hats off to the offense this season.  They are going to have to continue to carry the load on offense.

Pretty good for a "rebuilding" team!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]ugly win against a good team - a win is a win - 8-0 - awesome.. we do need to stop this prevent-D and draft a stud pass-rusher.. we also need to sign woody to a long term..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

they have the talent they need. it was working in the first half and through mid 3rd. the difference was they took their foot off the pedal. if you recorded it, watch it again. particualrly, watch much ahrder they were pushing towards manning earlier in the game. from mid 3rd through last 3 mins, they were not pushing.

the effort came back in the last 2 mins. you could see vw pushing back his man. the OLBs were getting closer. onmanning's last completion before that, he also got hit. he felt his space collapsing. when cunningham's hand on his shirt, he was forced to change his motion a bit. good thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Very good game. Very impressed with the Pats O

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I was sure we would lose.  Also sure they would run a few times.....  fact is, its (in my opinion) a COACHING issue.  Those players didn't get dumb... or conservative.  We do this.  We NEED to stop.  Some of that Jet aggressiveness better rub off.  this shouldn't have been this close.  Up 2 td's with the history we had from last year we should have not called the offense as conservatively as we did.  I think the defense should have been more aggressive also, but for sure we must play the same way and score more points, NOT run out the clock.  We must keep up and assume in the 4 minute and under range, a frantic manning will drive and score.