Colts/Patriots Pre-Game, Game, and Post-Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread

In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread :   i know it is... but right now is all we have... and we are winning games. manning is a beast agains every team on the league... but i agree, we can improve a lot, we must improve a lot. talk about next year, draft, Free agency... is pointless.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

We will have Bodden back next year and probably another pick or two in the draft for the secondary.... I like many Patriots fans are frustrated with the 1st downs on 3-13.....I know we are 8-2, but that won't work in the playoffs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey a win is a win, but I'm getting sick of saying that after every win...know what I mean?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread :   yes it is !!!  imagine what this team is gonna be able to do in 1 or 2 years !

True!  But, I am trying not focus on the extra picks they have coming up in the
    1st, 2nd, and 3rd round....I am trying to live in the present

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : I do watch the NFL outside of the Patriots.....Most fans are frustrated how the Patriots let other teams back into the game...The secondary is wishy washy
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

i disagree. other than those three missed tackles late in the fourth, the secondary looked wishy washy only when the front guys could not get close to manning.

that's just how it is when you are defending elite QBs. given them space and no matter how good your secondary is, the qb picks them apart.

that last play is the formula to beating those good qbs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : you are right. it was not luck. they actually made the needed play. they put pressure on peyton and peyton got spooked. i heard after the pitt win that they could not put pressure on peyton. i thought they put enough pressure on him. i believe the first int was a couple of plays after he got hit as he was throwing the ball. nwe has enough talent to generate consistent pass rush. for some reason they take the foot off the pedal.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Some people have no faith. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Belichick: 'Really happy to get the win'

Posted by Matt Pepin, Boston.com Staff November 21, 2010 07:20 PM

After another thrilling Patriots-Colts showdown, coach Bill Belichick said execution when it mattered made the difference in the Patriots' 31-28 victory.

"It came right down to the wire. They're an outstanding football team. They really do a good job, got to give them a lot of credit, but you know, our guys just made a few more plays than they did today, really happy to get the win," Belichick said in his postgame news conference. "We've got a quick turn turnaround here, so we can't stay on this one very long, but we'll enjoy it here for a couple hours."

Safety James Sanders sealed the victory with a leaping interception of a Peyton Manning pass attempt as the Colts were driving with less than a minute to play.

"I'm sure they'd like to have it back, but it was a heck of an interception by James. He went up, high-pointed the ball. It was a terrific catch," Belichick said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

These are games they lost last year like 6 times. You may not like the yardage given up, but they are coming away with Ws. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : i disagree. other than those three missed tackles late in the fourth, the secondary looked wishy washy only when the front guys could not get close to manning. that's just how it is when you are defending elite QBs. given them space and no matter how good your secondary is, the qb picks them apart. that last play is the formula to beating those good qbs.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

This season as a whole the secondary has been wish washy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

PATS WILL CONTINUE TO GET BETTER....

Best coaching/ QB duo in the league.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : Some people have no faith. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

i actually like how they are developing. it's like there's just one missing ingredient that they have to figure out in the next three games and everything will click for the d.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

dang! my heart's still pounding!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

At least the PATS are winning these games, the D is better than last year and getting better week by week... although we can get lit up by a team like the colts.... there are no teams that can match up with us on both sides of the balll....

At the end of the day, our D was better than the colts D and our O was better than the colts O....

Not many teams that can match our offense, and if they can, their D does not match up......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : This season as a whole the secondary has been wish washy
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

that i can buy

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread :   Playoffs are not even close... the last 6 games are the toughest... you know that. i believe we can improve some before the playoffs... get some players back, get the rookies 6 more games of experience.. and winning home fields adventage... who knows... superbowl ??? no, i reaaly dont think so... but a great 13 - 3 season, win the division, get to the AFC championship game... IN A REBUILDING TEAM... maybe...   :)  

Playoffs are 6 games away.....  Of course we can improve before than and so can our rookies (McCourty, Cunninham, Spikes, Gronk, Hernandez, etc).  But our D has to improve a lot before the playoffs to go far

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Passing

Team Statistics: Passing for Indianapolis Colts
    Indianapolis Colts Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
    Peyton Manning(notes) 38 52 396 73.1 7.6 0 0 4 3 96.3
    Team Statistics: Passing for New England Patriots
    New England Patriots Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
    Tom Brady(notes) 19 25 186 76.0 7.4 1 8 2 0 123.1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"the last 6 games are the toughest" - not sure about that, the Steelers and the Colts were plenty tough. If you think the Pats can make it to the AFC championship game then there's no reason they can't make it to the Super Bowl. Hey, it's not going to be easy but there isn't a dominant team. Why are you so eager to write the Pats off? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Look you f'n whiners. We have beaten ALL the AFC powers, except the Nyets, and we get another shot at them at home.

Baltimimore - Beat'em
    Pitts - Beat'em
    Indy - Beat'em

Bring on the Nyets!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Look you f'n whiners. We have beaten ALL the AFC powers, except the Nyets, and we get another shot at them at home. Baltimimore - Beat'em Pitts - Beat'em Indy - Beat'em Bring on the Nyets!
    Posted by CanadianPat[/QUOTE]

So if I have concerns about something related to the Patriots, that makes me a whiner?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

shalise manza young shalisemyoung the win today was Brady's 25th consecutive regular-season home win, tying record set by Favre in 90s

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]At least the PATS are winning these games, the D is better than last year and getting better week by week... although we can get lit up by a team like the colts.... there are no teams that can match up with us on both sides of the balll.... At the end of the day, our D was better than the colts D and our O was better than the colts O.... Not many teams that can match our offense, and if they can, their D does not match up......
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]
    You gave up 500 yards of offense. Look at it from the O or D side.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]shalisemyoung    the win today was Brady's 25th consecutive regular-season home win, tying record set by Favre in 90s
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    Stats are for losers. Who said that? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]ugly win against a good team - a win is a win - 8-0 - awesome.. we do need to stop this prevent-D and draft a stud pass-rusher.. we also need to sign woody to a long term..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]
    -----------------------------------------
    But, it's the short passes that are killing us. Little time for a pass rusher to have an impact.  Seems we just surrender the first 7 or 8 yards... backpedal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Even Dungy admitted it! The Pats defense stepped up! 

And Brady admitted, the offense needs to help the defense. 

And BB punted, he trusts this D! He went to prevent because it's Peyton Manning. He might not be clutch, but he's a damn good stat QB. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

LOL...............BB

Mike Reiss MikeReiss Bill Belichick currently out on the Gillette Stadium field, with a lacrosse stick, playing catch.

Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet

I am fairly certain that Bill Belichick is now playing lacrosse on the Gillette Stadium field. Still got it!