Colts Question (This has been bugging me)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Colts Question (This has been bugging me)

Whenever Manning vs Brady is debated the trump card that manning supporters play is "the colts would only win 4-6 games without peyton". i've heard this countless times so i'm sure you guys have too.
    it makes no sense whatsoever. NO SENSE! what do they mean by this? the colts are supposed to have the greatest GM in poliar- a great offensive line- the best receiver- great rushers.
    just saying, that line of argument is total bull
    how can these colts people get away with saying this time after time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Colts Question (This has been bugging me)

Colts D is highly underrated.  They've been at or near the top for most of the decade.  But Manning worshippers will tell you it's because he's so great - he puts up a million points on the first drive so the other team has to play catch up, and even the Colts pathetic D can shine. 

They would win the division most seasons with an average QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

pino - that has been the collective opinion of this board too.  Polian is a great GM in that he has set up the team to play off of their strengths.  The defense plays well with a lead, but rarely stops other teams.  Single digit scores from opponents for example, are slim to none. 

And don't let Mighty fool you.  The colts d is getting significantly better, but they are not a juggernaut.  They are good when the team has a lead, but they themselves cannot dominate a game like NE used to (or Balt or Pitt).  And this good play has been around for about 3 years and a playoffs.  Not the entire decade as he would have you believe. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Oy!

This again?

Undecided

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

Other than 07,09 Peyton has always had FAR better recievers.  I'd say that offsets the Brady having better D argument.  At least it puts a huge dent in it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Question (This has been bugging me):
    pino - that has been the collective opinion of this board too.  Polian is a great GM in that he has set up the team to play off of their strengths.  The defense plays well with a lead, but rarely stops other teams.  Single digit scores from opponents for example, are slim to none.  And don't let Mighty fool you.  The colts d is getting significantly better, but they are not a juggernaut.  They are good when the team has a lead, but they themselves cannot dominate a game like NE used to (or Balt or Pitt).  And this good play has been around for about 3 years and a playoffs.  Not the entire decade as he would have you believe. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

That is not the collective opinion of this board. 

Indy defense is good it has led the league, been #2 in the league, near the top the last 5 or six years for the most part.  You can't be better than all the other defenses and not that good- doesn't make sense.  It's bizarre that you would want to say that the defense of the team you support is not very good despite all statistical evidence.  Usually it works the other way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Pmike - You'd think the questions would stop because they have been discussed so many times, but they don't and I have to keep answering them. 

Shen - here are the colts ranks for the last 6 years:  yds, pts
    09 - 18, 8
    08 - 11, 7
    07 - 3, 1
    06 - 21, 23
    05 - 11, 2
    04 - 29, 19

They did have 2 very good years. 

I'd say Manning makes his receivers better.  I'd say Brady only needed to be a game manager.  Look at 2008.  Proof.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The reason why Indy fools say that is because Peyton has never been injured, but since Brady has been injured and the Pats did a mediocre job in 2008 they'll always hold on to that fact.

It's funny, an 18-0 team that was a pick away from immortality and had to face the AFC East, North and NFC East became a 11-5 team against the AFC and NFC west and people really believe that Cassel did an adequate job. if Brady was the QB the Pats would've went 16-0, again!

I hated Matt Cassel. He blew chunks in comparison to Brady, he had the greatest offense ever assembled and only threw 21 TDs. -_-...

I hope Bernard Pollard doesn't just hate the Patriots, I hope he hates Peyton, too. I would love to see Manning on his a55.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pmike - You'd think the questions would stop because they have been discussed so many times, but they don't and I have to keep answering them.  Shen - here are the colts ranks for the last 6 years:  yds, pts 09 - 18, 8 08 - 11, 7 07 - 3, 1 06 - 21, 23 05 - 11, 2 04 - 29, 19 They did have 2 very good years.  I'd say Manning makes his receivers better.  I'd say Brady only needed to be a game manager.  Look at 2008.  Proof.
    Posted by underdoggggg

I'd say they had four, considering points are what they add up at the end of the game to find the winner that would be what matters.  4 of the last five years they've been 8th or better.  That is good, especially over several years.

As for the game manager slight, I know you are smarter than that and just trying to get some attention.  The proof of 2008 is in your head (and I mean your head because I know plenty of Colts fans who are not so ignorant).  Cassel took an undefeated Super Bowl team and had them drop 5 more games and miss the playoffs (While putting up some very pedestrian numbers with a great WR group).  Did Brady "manage" his way to 50 TD's?  This line will never make sense or gain main stream credibility no matter how many times you repeat it.

If the Colts lose Manning next year and finish 9-7 (minus 5 games) and miss the playoffs with some mediocre QB play does that mean Manning is average. Ofcourse not, why are you so defensive?  95% of Pats fans would say Manning is a great QB, you don't need to try to bring down others to make Manning better. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Colts Question (This has been bugging me):
    Whenever Manning vs Brady is debated the trump card that manning supporters play is "the colts would only win 4-6 games without peyton". i've heard this countless times so i'm sure you guys have too. it makes no sense whatsoever. NO SENSE! what do they mean by this? the colts are supposed to have the greatest GM in poliar- a great offensive line- the best receiver- great rushers. just saying, that line of argument is total bull how can these colts people get away with saying this time after time?
    Posted by sirpinochle

All I know is they've been winning games vs. the Patriots for a while now. We've won once in the past how many games?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Pmike - You'd think the questions would stop because they have been discussed so many times, but they don't and I have to keep answering them.  Shen - here are the colts ranks for the last 6 years:  yds, pts 09 - 18, 8 08 - 11, 7 07 - 3, 1 06 - 21, 23 05 - 11, 2 04 - 29, 19 They did have 2 very good years.  I'd say Manning makes his receivers better.  I'd say Brady only needed to be a game manager.  Look at 2008.  Proof.
    Posted by underdoggggg

You know it's because we all secretly have a crush on you, right?

(particularly that guy with the four g's in his screen name -- I'd keep an eye on him if I were you.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Question (This has been bugging me) : You know it's because we all secretly have a crush on you, right? (particularly that guy with the four g's in his screen name -- I'd keep an eye on him if I were you.)
    Posted by p-mike

He's a groupie.  What can a guy do?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

pino - that has been the collective opinion of this board too.  Polian is a great GM in that he has set up the team to play off of their strengths.  The defense plays well with a lead, but rarely stops other teams.  Single digit scores from opponents for example, are slim to none.  And don't let Mighty fool you.  The colts d is getting significantly better, but they are not a juggernaut.  They are good when the team has a lead, but they themselves cannot dominate a game like NE used to (or Balt or Pitt).  And this good play has been around for about 3 years and a playoffs.  Not the entire decade as he would have you believe. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

As always: Made up Facts, backed up by complete BS!

Manning is a choke! Period! Go on every teams board and see if the posters there agree or disagree with that comment. Specially after last year's choke in the SB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by underdoggggg

I agree that Brady is a better QB and the Pats are a better team.