colts/saints being undefeated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: colts/saints being undefeated

In Response to Re: colts/saints being undefeated:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: colts/saints being undefeated : Hmmm.  Just tried to do a search to determine the final strength of schedule for 2007.  It was kind of tough b/c there are a lot of pre-season results, but nothing that shows what the final strength numbers are.  The only one I found seems to show that the Colts had the 17th hardest schedule that year and the Pats had the 19th.  Here's the link... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl07.htm This year, it seems the Pats have the hardest schedule in the NFL and the Colts have the 5th.  Here's the link: http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team How to compare the Pats' 2007 to the Colts' 2009? I have no idea, but the preliminary results suggest the Colts have a tougher schedule this year than the Pats had in 2007... 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]
    Stength of schedule is an odd stat.  Anyone who plays the colts this year will have a .100 place in thier opponents strength, and the Patriots had the same in 2008.  Because of this the strongest teams will always have the weakest schedule strengths and vice versa.  By the virtue of beating your opponents you have made your schedule strength weaker.  I don't really care how many bad teams anyone beats, the test is in how many good teams you beat.  I would suggest simply counting the playoff teams your team plays to measure strength of schedule.  I don't know what the result would be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Teams must pay to win at all times. Winning is not like flipping a light switch on and off. Play full blast 100% of the time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

[QUOTE]The motto of the 2009 Quitriots.....When the going gets tough, quit!!!!!!!
    Posted by indycoltfan420[/QUOTE]

Hey IndyColtsFan420...Once the p*ssey Colts win 3 superbowls in the same dacade, you've got nothing to say, f*ckhead!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think either team will win the SB.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree with you JBolt. Even though I'd like to see my Pats in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Chargers vs Vikings Super Bowl. I think both of these teams throw in the Pats for the AFC can hang with the Colts and Saints and come up with a big play to knock them out.

Also keep in mind no #1 seed has won a Super Bowl since the 2003 (season) Patriots, and we haven't had a #1 vs #1 seed Super Bowl since 1993 (season) Dallas vs Buffalo. So if we end up #3 or 4 we still have just as good of shot as anyone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I kind of figured the saints would feel the pressure with all there talk of going undefeated.but now they have a loss which could turn into there favor.for now they dont have to have the undefeated pressure on them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I can't think of anything worse the the colts going undefeated and winning the SB. That would mean the 3rd year in a row that I would go into the off season in a complete funk!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree.it always seems like the pats have to compete with them more ways then one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I hate the Colts as much as most but must admit they’ve overcome more than a few obstacles.  At the beginning of the season, no one seemed to give them too much respect.  After all, they had a new head coach, a new defensive coordinator, and a new special teams coach.  Peyton was whining about the status of who would be offensive coordinator.  Marvin Harrison was no longer on the team.

On the 2nd or 3rd snap of the year, the Colts lost WR Anthony Gonzalez.  Unproven WR Pierre Garcon out of a Div. III college was forced to step up and has had an impressive year.  WR Austin Collie (4th round pick) has played well and is one of the better rookie WR in the league.  Starting OLB Tyjuan Hagler was lost for the season, Pre-season starters Safety Bob Sanders and CB Marlin Jackson saw a few snaps in 2 games and have been replaced by rookies CB Jerraud Powers (3rd round pick) and CB Jacob Lacey (undrafted).  Both Powers and Lacey have played extremely well.  Undrafted Melvin Bullitt replaced Sanders.  Adam Vinatieri only played a few games and was replaced by veteran Matt Stover.  Guard Kyle DeVan from an Arena football team has been a starter on the offensive line.

As with all teams they’ve dealt with injuries and have held out key players such as Freeney and Mathis.

Yeah, you can argue that the ref’s love the Colts. But, this team has been impressive. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Well I guess since this thread's still alive I need to show up and fall on the sword. I posted that I thought NO had the better chance because of schedule and obviously I was wrong. I guess I was in denial that these late fortuitous calls couldn't continue but I was wrong with that too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]Well I guess since this thread's still alive I need to show up and fall on the sword. I posted that I thought NO had the better chance because of schedule and obviously I was wrong. I guess I was in denial that these late fortuitous calls couldn't continue but I was wrong with that too.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

The Cowboys were by far the best competition either team had left to face.  The Cowboys would have a real shot at beating Colts, too... but the Colts didn't have to face any real competition (like the NFC East) this year.  Besides, the 'Boys almost blew it at the end like Washington.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I still don't think the Colts will finish 16-0.  15-1, maybe.. but not 16-0. 

I honestly think they'll be dumb to play Peyton the whole game against the Jests.  Assuming NYJ wins this week, they've still got playoff hopes and will be playing tough the following week as well.  And we all know how dirty that team is, they'll probably be trying to take shots at Peyton to take him out of the game and hit him as much as possible.. in the event of that, Peyton should come out and just deal with not going 16-0 since they've already got the #1 seed locked up.   Indy would be crying themselves to sleep every night if something were to happen to Peyton now that games don't matter; if he had a bad high ankle sprain or a torn acl/mcl or something of the sort.. their season goes down the drain.  

I honestly think the Colts will not make it to the SB anyways though.  I think it will be Chargers-Vikings.