Colts vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Colts vs Patriots Game Thread

Pats lost to Buffalo when they perceived it was becoming garbage time. Gave up 3 tds without scoring one. 

Came real close to doing the same thing today.  Same exact time frame, same exact defense.  Wasn't just garbage time that did that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

i've been watching pats game all season and what happened in that 4th qtr isnt new to me, that usually happens when they play press (garbage time), give defense a rest people 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

In Response to Re: Colts vs Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts vs Patriots Game Thread : Should be interesting with Grossman, Tebow, and Mat Moore coming up. 
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I hate to be "that NE fan", but this is not a good team. They play a cupcake schedule and are going to hide the personel deficencies because of it. wins against San Diego, Indy, a mistake prone Dallas, are not signature wins like they used to be and the rest of the schedule, Boston College could give a run.
     Pittsburgh beat their a$$&s up and down the field regardless of the score and the Giants game was all too familiar. This team needs to look in the mirror and step up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]i've been watching pats game all season and what happened in that 4th qtr isnt new to me, that usually happens when they play press (garbage time), give defense a rest people 
    Posted by dodie2g[/QUOTE]

Except they didn't play press they played a soft zone which is the opposite of a press...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

End of the day, this just wasn't an impressive win.  Young, a terrible QB got us for 400 yards.  Indy's backup got us for about 350.  Grossman pooped his pants against the Jets, but the Jets have a better D than we do.  Tebow - who knows, but the Bronco's have a better D than we do.  Buffalo?  Fitzpatrick can throw the ball.  Miami?  Killed the Raiders.  Point is, by no means are we a "lock" to win out.  And while a 12-4 or 11-5 season is pretty good, pretty good doesn't make it to a SB and doesn't win won.  We have flashes of offensive perfection, and flashes of defensive "okay-ness."  Flashes don't win SB's as we're well aware.  Hopefully, we can get it together - but inconsistency usually doesn't take SB titles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Been out and about this nice fall day hitting the links.  Knew the score was 31 - 3 going into the 4th quarter and figured the game was in the bag.  When I saw the final as 31 - 24, figured the D also went to sleep.  So, the Pats go soft in the 4th, win the game and many of you are STILL crying about how the Pats played!!  For THREE quarters they dominate the Colts, as we expected, then the subs go in and the Colts look brilliant against the 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Seems to me many of you would not have been satisfied with this win UNLESS the Pats won 63 - 0 or more.  The Colts were playing inspired given the point spread and WANTED to do something to show they can play.  So it was 31 - 24....  take the win and wipe your tears!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

[QUOTE]Been out and about this nice fall day hitting the links.  Knew the score was 31 - 3 going into the 4th quarter and figured the game was in the bag.  When I saw the final as 31 - 24, figured the D also went to sleep.  So, the Pats go soft in the 4th, win the game and many of you are STILL crying about how the Pats played!!  For THREE quarters they dominate the Colts, as we expected, then the subs go in and the Colts look brilliant against the 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Seems to me many of you would not have been satisfied with this win UNLESS the Pats won 63 - 0 or more.  The Colts were playing inspired given the point spread and WANTED to do something to show they can play.  So it was 31 - 24....  take the win and wipe your tears!!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

What subs???? and you don't see a trend going on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts vs Patriots Game Thread : What subs???? and you don't see a trend going on.
    Posted by PATinPA[/QUOTE]
    They are stil winning, aren't they and isn't the D consisting of a lot of back-ups with all the injuries?  That 4th, from what I read, was all soft play.  How were you feeling at the beginning of the 4th quarter?  Up 31 - 3, were you sweatin' it out?  Seems Denver is eeking out wins at the last minute, and everyone is loving them for it, but when the Pats are ahead the whole game and the other team is doing well in obvious garbage time, you call it BAD play?  If there is a trend, it is the Pats are leading comfortably in their games and go soft to the consternation of Pats Nation!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts vs Patriots Game Thread : They are stil winning, aren't they and isn't the D consisting of a lot of back-ups with all the injuries?  That 4th, from what I read, was all soft play.  How were you feeling at the beginning of the 4th quarter?  Up 31 - 3, were you sweatin' it out?  Seems Denver is eeking out wins at the last minute, and everyone is loving them for it, but when the Pats are ahead the whole game and the other team is doing well in obvious garbage time, you call it BAD play?  If there is a trend, it is the Pats are leading comfortably in their games and go soft to the consternation of Pats Nation!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOT

Giving up a score "here and there" is one thing, but NE has consistantly lost games while being up and playing soft coverage (Giants 2x, Colts, Buffalo,). They not only allow teams to score but come back and win. As far as Denver goes there is no question about that team being mediocre to poor, so eeking out wins or coming from behind is a good thing. Comparing NE to Denver...COME ON MAN!! If we are going to start getting excited about  good regular season records we might as well be COLTS fans!!!