Colts=Team of the Decade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Colts=Team of the Decade?

If Indy goes 19-0, I hate to say it as a Pats fan, but i think that makes them the team of the decade...or at least ties us. Even though we would have one extra SB win, the fact that they went 19-0, own the regular season win streak and most wins this decade gives them a really good case I believe. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Colts=Team of the Decade?

In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade?:
    [QUOTE]If Indy goes 19-0, I hate to say it as a Pats fan, but i think that makes them the team of the decade...or at least ties us. Even though we would have one extra SB win, the fact that they went 19-0, own the regular season win streak and most wins this decade gives them a really good case I believe. 
    Posted by rf24fox[/QUOTE]

We'll see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

If they do go 19-0, it would be very painful for all us Patriot fans. Knowing how close they got in 2007 makes it painful watching the Saints and Colts go for 19-0.

Simply amazing that these two teams are doing it and winning close games. Patriots in 2007 had a few close ones, especially the one against the Ravens. Overall they mostly blew everyone.  Colts have won 8 games which they trailed in the fourth quarter. Shows how good they are at finishing games and getting key turnovers like tonight.

Of course it could all change against the chargers if they meet up in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from weall4pats. Show weall4pats's posts

[QUOTE]If Indy goes 19-0, I hate to say it as a Pats fan, but i think that makes them the team of the decade...or at least ties us. Even though we would have one extra SB win, the fact that they went 19-0, own the regular season win streak and most wins this decade gives them a really good case I believe. 

The amount of records the Colts have crushed is amazing.  They just keep falling.  Yes, 19-0, 2 SB's, the team has won more games in a decade than anyone else in history, regular season win streak, it goes on and on.  Yes, looks like the turtle may win the race after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

The only thing hurting Indy's cause is their playoff record, but they do a great job every year of going at least 12-4. Going 19-0 would put a stamp on this decade for them unfortunately.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from weall4pats. Show weall4pats's posts

Every team loses in the playoffs every year except for one team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Too close to call if that happens.  Although they would have won 2 SB's, we won 3 and went to 4.  We also had a perfect regular season.  They've had better regular season records, and we've has better playoff records.  Some might call it a draw, and some will say it's a 1a, 1b thing.  Either way, they are a well run organization; despite all the Polian/referee discussions.  This kind of reminds me of the endless Brady/Manning comparisons.  I guess it makes people happy to argue the point, but both are great and both will be first ballot HoF QB's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Yah, and if my aunt had b*lls, she'd be my uncle.

They're a long, long way from 19-0, so why discuss it now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeopielowski. Show mikeopielowski's posts

The Pats are the team of the decade. They played in 4 superbowls and won 3. They also had a perfect regular season.

Here is the thing tho. I think the Pats perfect regular season takes the pressure off the 2 teams trying for it now. It was just 2 years ago, and it definately takes the shine off it a little. Now, once the playoffs begin, the intense pressure will start for the Saints and the Colts. The Pats didnt go undefeated in the end, so history will once again be up for grabs.

If the Colts lost tonight, big deal. They have the #1 seed set, and can now rest players. If the Colts go 16-0 and play the Pats in the second round, the pressure will be incredible. A perfect season on the line, the rivalry with the Pats, and knowing that the Patriots, who have weapons like Brady and Moss, can really play as underdogs with nothing to lose. The Pats get a lead in that situation and watch out. That will go for the Chargers or another team as well going against the Colts. The remaining regular season games (Bills, Jets) and each playoff opponent will be treating the game with Colts like a Super Bowl.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Your first word says it all, IF.

If, will turn into didn't, once they face SD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

the only reason i have to like san diego is that i just KNOW theyll beat the colts in the postseason. the chargers are the best team in the afc and there isnt any doubt about it- if you are questioning this, who is the one team the pats and colts wouldnt want to play? it is undoubtedly jbolts team. and, if it comes to that, ill root for them over the vikes, saints and cards... but if its not the pats id like to see the eagles win it all- they are a very exciting team to watch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

If Bill Parcells is right and you are what your record says you are, then if Indy goes 19-0, you can forget Team of the Decade (whatever that is) and just go ahead and label the Colts the Eternal Intergalactic Champion -- until the league expands the schedule again and somebody goes 21-0.

I'm of two minds as to whether or not this could actually happen. On one hand, I see the Colts continually squeaking by marginal opposition and I think, "Surely, somebody will beat these clowns." But then, every time it doesn't happen, I remember that whenever the Colts themselves are not quite enough to overcome the opposition, they have the indomitable striped secret weapon in their collective back pocket. If the seeding falls right and the Colts can somehow manage to avoid San Dago, we could be looking at Pats fans' worst nightmare.

Which reminds me -- Has my media blackout simply gone too far, or is Mercury Morris conspicuous by his absence.

"I know you wonda . . . "

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade? : Your first word says it all, IF. If , will turn into didn't , once they face SD.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, JBolt...  There used to be a day where the Patriots "had the Colts' number".  Then, as suddenly as the situation arose, it was out the window - Colts have won five of the last six.  I'm sure that in some way you feel at this point that it's your team's destiny to beat the Colts in the playoffs, because it's happened the last two years.  Amazing how much confidence you get from an OT win and another win by one score.  We'll see, we'll see.  The Chargers may play an undefeated team in Indy in the AFCCG, and if that happens I like my Colts' chances...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

they were never even considered the best team of any single year.  not this year.  not even the year they won.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

The Colts are the statistical monster of the decade. I hoped Indy wouldn't win one SB so Peyton could go down as the biggest post-season fraud ever but he was able to cobble together some poor playoff stats and win the big one anyway kind of like rapin' Big Ben's first SB.

How about Big Ben and Peyton are the worst SB-winning QBs of the decade?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Colts=Team of the Decade? : The amount of records the Colts have crushed is amazing.  They just keep falling.  Yes, 19-0, 2 SB's, the team has won more games in a decade than anyone else in history, regular season win streak, it goes on and on.  Yes, looks like the turtle may win the race after all.
    Posted by weall4pats[/QUOTE]

The Pats have won 124 reg season and playoff games this decade. The Colts have won 122 games including Thursday night.

The big difference is that the Pats are 14-3 in the playoffs to the Colts 7-7.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade? : Ahhh, JBolt...  There used to be a day where the Patriots "had the Colts' number".  Then, as suddenly as the situation arose, it was out the window - Colts have won five of the last six.  I'm sure that in some way you feel at this point that it's your team's destiny to beat the Colts in the playoffs, because it's happened the last two years.  Amazing how much confidence you get from an OT win and another win by one score.  We'll see, we'll see.  The Chargers may play an undefeated team in Indy in the AFCCG, and if that happens I like my Colts' chances...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Sounds surprisingly similar to the confidence garnered by several "comeback" wins with the photo cropping out the fact that the refs are boosting the Colts over the fence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't think there is a team of the decade.

This is the same old subjective argument like who is the Guitar player of the decade in the 1960's Jimi Hendrix, Adreas Segovia, Les Paul. It's all taste and who you listened to or in the case of the NFL Who are you routing for. If there was a certain type of criteria that was followed consistently for some of these honors that would be different. Pats have more Superbowls and that counts for something.

If I'm a Colts fan I'm worried about what my defense looks right now especially with the Jets coming up. They can contain the Colts offense and as long as Sancheez isn't throwing 4 ints they will give Indy a run for their money. Unfortunately this game will be played in Indy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from weall4pats. Show weall4pats's posts

[QUOTE] If I'm a Colts fan I'm worried about what my defense looks right now especially with the Jets coming up. They can contain the Colts offense and as long as Sancheez isn't throwing 4 ints they will give Indy a run for their money. Unfortunately this game will be played in Indy.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

The Jets really?  They aren't a very good team actually.  They are about an 8-8 team.  I'm shocked Pats didn't sweep the series.  The Colts may not look pretty at times, but Peyton always finds a way to win (7 4th qtr comebacks most in NFL history).  You just can't kill these guys.  The one score come from behind wins don't impress me as much as the 17-24 point come from behind victories.  Those are just crazy.  I don't think there is another team both mentally and physically that could match that (Pats v Saints).  As much as we hate to admit, the Colts looked as red hot as any team this season last night.  Forget defense problems, Mathis and Freeny barely played (Freeny played six downs before Jags last two possessions, zero points).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I know this will sound like homerism to some but honestly I say the Pats get team of the Decade by a nose. Indy is a close second, but if the Celtics win another Championship I could see Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox in the top 10. Just an interesting aside.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

The Colts are the "Regular Season Team of the Decade", but the Patriots remain the Team of the Decade thanks to the clearly superior playoff record.

End of.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts=Team of the Decade? : The Jets really?  They aren't a very good team actually.  They are about an 8-8 team.  I'm shocked Pats didn't sweep the series.  The Colts may not look pretty at times, but Peyton always finds a way to win (7 4th qtr comebacks most in NFL history).  You just can't kill these guys.  The one score come from behind wins don't impress me as much as the 17-24 point come from behind victories.  Those are just crazy.  I don't think there is another team both mentally and physically that could match that (Pats v Saints).  As much as we hate to admit, the Colts looked as red hot as any team this season last night.  Forget defense problems, Mathis and Freeny barely played (Freeny played six downs before Jags last two possessions, zero points).
    Posted by weall4pats[/QUOTE]

Sniff, sniff.  Hmmm...........concern troll? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from laterdays20. Show laterdays20's posts

wrong it is 3 championships to 2 if that happens, which means the colts are not the team of the decade. it is championships only.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

So I guess the Braves were the team of the decade over the 4-time WS champion Yankees?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

1. Patriots, 2. Steelers and Colts are 3rd, as of now...