comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER!

No contest... it's the Jests, Yets, Nyets.... dirtbags......
    Nix dirtbags.. that's a compliment.
    Actually the most derogatory name I can think of to call them is.. well.. "Jets"
    What a bunch of loadmouthed, obnoxius collection of of trash and misfits.
    There are a handful of players who I respect who sadly have to wear the gang green...  e.g. David Harris, Revis, Leonhard.  It's too bad they are sentenced to  purgatory.  I've always despised the Jerks but it's reached an all time high thanks to their fat ***ed foot sniffing coach who's instilled an a-*ole mentality to his team (as if they where lacking that attribute to begin with).
    Fat Boy's schtick worked for awhile and they have had some measure of success but it's all smoke and mirrors and lacks substance.  It's already gotten old and stale with the players.  It's going to unravel very very soon.
    Bottom line:  "No class"   but they brag and boast nonetheless...about what is anyone's guess.  They haven't won squat since the Nixon administration. 
    Bragging is ok IF you actually have something to brag about... Jumpn' Jesus !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER!:
    [QUOTE] I can't say I hate them. They're not worth the energy. I do appreciate the comic value of the massive amount of delusion that surrounds them. Sportscasters fawn over them, their fans are morons, the players jerks and the team is coached by a blowhard. They could almost be a sitcom.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Wait a second...Wasn't that HBO special "Hard Knocks" a sitcom about them?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! : Wait a second...Wasn't that HBO special "Hard Knocks" a sitcom about them?
    Posted by elendil[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know. I never thought HBO was worth the 15 bucks a month. I can get a good cheeseburger and a couple of beers for that much money. Much better value than HBO.

I have to agree with some of the other posters. The Jets and even the Yankees are small potatoes when it comes to the Montreal Canadians.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! :      The Jets haven't won anything...they're just not good enough to hate. Now, they have certain players, like Cromartie, Tomlinson, and Bart Scott that are extremely hate-able. But, that's it.       As for Rex, I have a good deal of respect for him. He puts himself on the line, defends his players...and is a damn good coach.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Your kinda missing the point Tex, at no point did I say I hated the Jets. I think Ryan is a great DC, jury is still out on HC IMO. I probably hate Indy more because they have been more of a threat than the Jets the last ten years. The Jets should worry a little bit more about Buffalo then the hype surrounding their team. Its pretty easy for me to see that Fitz is already a better QB than Sanchez even though Sanchez has weapons brought in specifically to complement him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! : Your kinda missing the point Tex, at no point did I say I hated the Jets. I think Ryan is a great DC, jury is still out on HC IMO. I probably hate Indy more because they have been more of a threat than the Jets the last ten years. The Jets should worry a little bit more about Buffalo then the hype surrounding their team. Its pretty easy for me to see that Fitz is already a better QB than Sanchez even though Sanchez has weapons brought in specifically to complement him.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

I really am ambivalent about the Jets. I blame the Patriots more than the Jets for last years' play-off loss. I blame the media and Goodell more than the Jets for spygate.

But, the Indianapolis Colts stole the 2006 championship from the Pats...and changed football into pass-ball with the Polian passing rules...which were tailor made for the Ponies' style of play. 

The LA Lakers are disgusting...as are the Montreal Canadiens. Hate runs very deep for those franchises.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

Hate em.

Hate their coach.

Hate their quarterback.

Hate their fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

hate? almost. more like really annoying.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]Let me rephrase: They would have people move from non-Quebec provinces, establish residency, etc, just to make sure they had who they wanted under the first dib process. The point is, there was no entry draft and the Canadiens basically controlled the talent coming out the junior level leagues, etc.  Montreal and to some degree Toronto, were able to manipulate the talent pool. They fought tooth and nail, similarly to how the Yankees know a salary cap would destroy a huge advantage of theirs.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The rule you are referring to this day is argued over constantly. Maple Leaf fans always bring it up in arguments. In the draft era starting in 1963 the Canadians could choose two French players at the head of the draft if they gave up their first two regular draft choices. Sounds like a great deal right? They only used it twice. The first time in 1968 to choose a goalie named Michael Plasse, who was Dryden's backup for 2 years and later a mediocre journeyman (92 wins 136 losses). The second time was in 1969 when they chose Rejean Houle and Marc Tardif. Two good players but neither were stars. Only one all star game between them (1982). Tardif was a superstar with the WHA Nordiques though. After the 1969 draft the rule was changed saying the other GM's would have to unanimously agree to allow the Canadians to choose a French player first (they have never done it since). Therefore the 1970's Bruins were never screwed by this rule unless you believe Plasse, Houle or Tardif were the cause of 1971,1977,1978 and 1979. Leflour was picked first through a trade with the California Golden Seals. There was a territorial rule in the 1930's that helped the Canadians also but I do not know who they gained from that rule. One of the reasons for the draft was all the hanky panky signing young kids to contracts at very young ages. The Canadians were not the only ones pulling shenanigans they were the smartest at it because they had the best scouts and GM. This info came from the Total Hockey Encyclopedia. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

Can't stand the Jets... Their the best team to lose 2
    consecutive AFC champioship games... smh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Ah come on, where's the equal opportunity folks?  I hate everybody on every other team that plays against us.  Once that goes by, I don't care anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Yeah...I agree....when were about to play any other team in any sport, I hate THAT team the most, at least for that team.....

My favorite hated teams...

Yankees
    Jets
    Giants
    Canadiens
    Knicks
    LAKERS!!!!!!!
    Any opponent filled with punkazz thugs...really hate those teams

Oh, and this week, the Cowboys......

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I agree that the Canadiens are number one.  Sports hatred comes and goes.  Without time to read all the prior posts, so at the risk of repeating what others have said, it seems that this is one of those things that changes constantly. 

But it's different with the Canadiens, even when they stink, there's no pity there.  I think it's their fans.  Frogs.

The Jets on the other hand, we may have antagonism towards them now but for the most part, they've just been another division rival, nothing more.  Like the Dolphins are now.  It was amped up with Parcells going there and then the BB move, but it's just not the same level as with the Canadiens.  Maybe it has to do with the nature of hockey.  It's more personal than football.   

Back in the 70s/80s, the Raiders were as hated as anybody by Pats fans.  Now they're just another team on the schedule.  Personally, I didn't hate the Dolphins, I just wanted to beat them.  I hated the Raiders, their fans, their players, John Madden and (the recently sainted) Al Davis.

Though I've pretty much lost interest in basketball, I do recall that in the early 80s, the 76ers were a more bitter rival than the Lakers. Then it was the bad boy Pistons.  But does any Celtic fan really care much about those teams now?  Comes and goes.  You only hate the Lakers because they're good. I still hate the Canadiens regardless of whether they're any good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with the Jets is they went all in on Sanchez and their free agents. It's Super Bowl or bust for them and it is looking more like bust every day. Their window to win will be open for about another two or three years, after that they have to rely on their drafts (notoriously bad: Gholston, Robertson, Wilson et al) to garner players.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Given the increased competiveness of other teams like The Raiders, Bills and Texans added to the top teir teams like us, the Ravens and Steelers I'd have to say their window has been reduced to a small crack.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE] The Don Shula Dolphins were despicable back in the day. He was on the competition comitee back then and it seemed like the Pats were always getting jobbed by the Refs back then. The Pats could never win in the Orange bowl and the Pats were never respected as a rival. The AFC championship victory in the Orange bowl back in 1985 is still my favorite Pats game ever. Everyone wanted Bears vs Miami rematch and no one thought the Pats had a chance. They did not just win they crushed them. After the Dolphins celebrated the Pats super bowl loss a few years ago it reminded me why I hated them so much.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

This^

New Jersey is a Johnny Come Lately, and if you enjoy hating the Jests, my advice would be to hate hard and often, because pretty soon they're going to back to being the same old afterthoughts they've been for most of their existence.

(oh . . .  and if we're including all the sports, it's the Lakers, hands down)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In fact, my already waning interst in the NBA was extinguished when the Sacramento Kings got absolutely robbed by the officials in a playoff game against the Lakers probably about 10 years ago now.  I'd never really believed games at that level could ever be fixed until that one.  I just remember the Lakers had something like 25 free throws in the 4th quarter and the calls were just obscene. I don't think you could have drawn any conclusion other than that it was fixed. 

But I just don't care about that sport anymore, so I can't get worked up about the Lakers or the Heat or whoever.  Means no more to me now than MLS or Big East Football.  Irrelevant.

Here's one that we all hated back in the day, pretty much universally, the old CCCP.  Basketball, hockey, boxing, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Here's one that we all hated back in the day, pretty much universally, the old CCCP.  Basketball, hockey, boxing, etc.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Yeah . . . that Vasily Alexeev really used to chap my @ss.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! : Yeah . . . that Vasily Alexeev really used to chap my @ss.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Was he the roided out weight lifter? 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

For a while Indy was pretty close to my most hated, but you know what? As aggrivating as losing to Peyton can be, at least he is a class act.

The mouths on the Jets makes me hate them more than losing to them does. Just shut up and play, until you've won a SB you've done nothing.

Beating the Pats (even in the Playoffs) is not the same as winning the SB, although it seems they have been told differently by their coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]For a while Indy was pretty close to my most hated, but you know what? As aggrivating as losing to Peyton can be, at least he is a class act. The mouths on the Jets makes me hate them more than losing to them does. Just shut up and play, until you've won a SB you've done nothing. Beating the Pats (even in the Playoffs) is not the same as winning the SB, although it seems they have been told differently by their coach.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

There's really no comparison. Peyton has a ring. He has a string of offensive records. He's been MVP. He's a sure first ballot HOFer. On the other hand Sanchez is well on his way to becoming a footnote in the annals of the NFL.

As for beating us last year...When you've done nothing for so many decades that one thing is huge for them. It just shows how low they sank since the 60s.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! : Not saying they were screwed post 1961, other than anyone names Jeremy Jacobs.  Leave post draft era out of the dicussion, because I am not talking about that at all. I am saying pre 1963, (my bad, thought it was '61 by memory) Montreal basically ran the NHL.  You could argue the Celtics ran the NBA in the 1950s and 1960s, for example, but there weren't any restrictions on other teams via the Celtics. They just happened to have the best coach and organization who knew how to build great teams. Think about it: Why wasn't there a draft or some version of an even playing field until 1963? The NHL was formed in 1917 and then officialy expanded to the 6 team league in 1924. That's over 40 years of not having an even playing field. I am convinced Bobby Orr never would have been signed without the NHL having signing regulations/rules and an entry draft in 1963. Montreal or Toronto would have claimed his rights.

Was not intending to criticize your post in any way. 1961 /1963 are close enough and is not important the years. I just wanted to clarify the rule I believe you were referring to which in theory gave the Canadians a huge unfair advantage (Tardif did become a superstar when he went to the WHA so it could have killed the 74 & 75 Flyers if he was still on Montreal then). People should know that Lafleur was gained honestly and the Bruins in the seventies lost fair & square to the Canadians. Dryden, as long time Bruin fans remember was drafted by the Bruins and then traded. Before the draft I know the NHL always tried to keep the Canadians a "French" team and Toronto the "English" team for Canada's hockey fans and I know the Canadians had the reputation for signing every french speaking 14 yr old who could skate good, if only to keep them away from other teams. Despite my dislike of the Canadians I never hated them like I did and still do the Rangers. A previous poster was probably right, I witnessed a lot more Ranger games as a kid so watching Sanderson and Cashman constantly brawl with the Rangers fueled my hatred. I only saw the Canadian games on TV so thats probably why I never felt an equal hatred. I'm NFL first, NHL second, NBA third and MLB fourth (too boring these modern 4 hour games). I hate the Shula Dolphins in Football. The Rangers in hockey. The Kobe Lakers (with our without Shaq), and the Yankees of course (I really hated the Orioles and Weaver as a kid though).

PS- Bobby Orr was signed in 1962 I believe (pre draft). Players who signed before the Draft were not elligable for the Draft. That is why the first few drafts were generally awful because anyone talented who was allready 18 yrs old was allready signed as a 14-17 year old which was legal back then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: comment if u hate the jets more than any team EVER! : Oh, I agree. The NBA is the worst of the 4 major sports. I could live with the roids in baseball, because at least the game was still good. Didn't like it and do't like the non-cap factor and all the flaws with MLB, but the NBA is the worst by far. 1. NFL 2. NHL 3. MLB 4. NBA PS. I think the Kings/Lakers bag job game was the 2003/2004 season. Maybe even 2002. Funny how time flies.

Yes it was the 2002 west finals. I was never a conspiracy therorist until games 6 and 7 of that series. Man did the Kings get hosed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think I hate the Ravens more, because I at least find Rex Ryan appealing, refreshingly candid and humorous.  If I were a player, I could imagine enjoying to play on his team.  He would probably be a lot of fun at a party.  Sanchez is pretty average, but he does carry himself with class.  OK, so there are a few low-class guys on the Jets, but they do back up their mounths with their play.

But the Ravens?  Every time the Pats beat them, they whine and whine and whine that the officiating was unfair, or that the better team did not win, blah, blah, blah. Makes me sick.