Comments from a 49er fan....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Comments from a 49er fan....

I am a Pat fan(all Boston teams) first as first 21 years in Maine but now live in SF.

First, I blame Harbaugh for the loss as if 49ers scored at the end, all the calls/non calls issues would have been moot ! First and 7 he calls a running play & gets 2. So has 3 downs to get 5 yards. It's 2 min 20 sec and he lets clock run down burning the 20 secs. This is tremendous overconfidence they are to score & he wants no time left on the clock. I prefer to get the score and then, yup, there's still a min or so where good defense is needed as they did in the Atlanta game. But if they don't score & hold Balt as they did from the 5 yard line, they would have had 20 more secs & maybe 2 pass plays Hail Mary's or not.

Re: the decision to pass...I'd had one go to Randy Moss but don't know where he was on the interception. He won't be a 49er next year.

Ok, the egregious non holding call on 4th down as defender had his arms around Crabtree as if Dancing with the Stars. How about 1st and goal with 1 min left ?

But on the 4th down Kaep should have called the last time out as he saw the defense was going to blitz and he was rushed in the pass to Crabtree.

On the safety play, Balt was holding...no call...& penalty would have left clock at 11 sec & not 4 sec so time for 1 Hail Mary.

I felt Balt was holding on the 2 pt conversion the 49ers did not make.

How about Rice's run which was 1 yard short & they were given a 1st down. Harbaugh threw the flag & won the call but they did get the 1st on the next play.

I do think the 49ers got a break on a roughing the kicker when they missed a field goal as I saw little contact & then they made the 3 pts.

There was another non call on the 49ers when Flacco was hit after he ran out of bounds.

So calls tended to even out and I give a lot of credit to the 49ers's defense in the 2nd half of all playoff games. Green Bay only scored 7 when game was 45 to 24 in last 2 meaningless mins. Atlanta scored "0" and the Ravens scored only 13 & 7 was the 106 run back so in 3 games it was a total of 20 pts in 3 games...good "D" !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Comments from a 49er fan....

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I am a Pat fan(all Boston teams) first as first 21 years in Maine but now live in SF.

First, I blame Harbaugh for the loss as if 49ers scored at the end, all the calls/non calls issues would have been moot ! First and 7 he calls a running play & gets 2. So has 3 downs to get 5 yards. It's 2 min 20 sec and he lets clock run down burning the 20 secs. This is tremendous overconfidence they are to score & he wants no time left on the clock. I prefer to get the score and then, yup, there's still a min or so where good defense is needed as they did in the Atlanta game. But if they don't score & hold Balt as they did from the 5 yard line, they would have had 20 more secs & maybe 2 pass plays Hail Mary's or not.

Re: the decision to pass...I'd had one go to Randy Moss but don't know where he was on the interception. He won't be a 49er next year.

Ok, the egregious non holding call on 4th down as defender had his arms around Crabtree as if Dancing with the Stars. How about 1st and goal with 1 min left ?

But on the 4th down Kaep should have called the last time out as he saw the defense was going to blitz and he was rushed in the pass to Crabtree.

On the safety play, Balt was holding...no call...& penalty would have left clock at 11 sec & not 4 sec so time for 1 Hail Mary.

I felt Balt was holding on the 2 pt conversion the 49ers did not make.

How about Rice's run which was 1 yard short & they were given a 1st down. Harbaugh threw the flag & won the call but they did get the 1st on the next play.

I do think the 49ers got a break on a roughing the kicker when they missed a field goal as I saw little contact & then they made the 3 pts.

There was another non call on the 49ers when Flacco was hit after he ran out of bounds.

So calls tended to even out and I give a lot of credit to the 49ers's defense in the 2nd half of all playoff games. Green Bay only scored 7 when game was 45 to 24 in last 2 meaningless mins. Atlanta scored "0" and the Ravens scored only 13 & 7 was the 106 run back so in 3 games it was a total of 20 pts in 3 games...good "D" !!!

u had a great season and u have a legit franchise qb in colin kaepernick

u also are loaded with picks next year if i believe correctly and the 49ers are basically filled with key players who are young or in their prime

as a jints fan i fully expect the 49ers to be competitive and legit SB contenders for a while to come so ur future there is bright

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Why is Moss to blame and an air mailed pass?  Kaepernick played tight the entire 1st half. His cockiness backfired when Balt took away the pistol. That simple.

idiot

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

They should have never gone away from targeting Ray Lewis, he couldnt cover and or tackle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

From "SF Chronicle" :

Let me say if you do not want to hear about how the refs screwed the 49ers this game, than quit reading now. I know the 49ers did no™t help themselves in the first half, but they also did not get any help from the zebras. This was one of the worst officiating games I have ever witnessed. From the no hold call on the Jacoby Jones touchdown, to the no hold call on Crabtree, to the no offensive pass interference call Smith, to the no hold call on the punter running out of the back of the endzone. It is safe to say that the referees screwed this team hard. And I hope Harbaugh goes off in his press conference.

You gotta give it to this team though, down 28-6 and they didn't quit. They came back and got within 5 yards of taking the lead. I know there will be head scratching on not running the ball to get those 5 yards, especially with Haloti Ngata not in the game. Oh well, we will always have coulda, shoulda games and this is one of them.

It sucks losing, but it sucks losing when not only to you have to beat the opposition, but you also have to beat the refs. NFL wanted Ray Ray to go out on top.

Thank you 49ers for a great season, it was a roller coaster of fun and so ready for next year. So looking forward to seeing a full offseason with Kaepernick and what Baalke gets us in the draft and free agency.

Proud to be a 49ers today !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

niners fans/reporters are known for being whiners....but with that being said, i agree with the OP that they were robbed on that last play....holding should have been called.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Kaepernick's lone interception in the 2nd quarter was on a pass to Randy Moss that was a bit high, although Moss did not make any attempt whatsoever to go up and grab that ball or play defender (haven't we heard this before?).

He's feels he's better than Jerry Rice...yes, a legend in his own mind. He won't be a 49er next year...do Pats want him back ???

idiot

Yeah, his QBR was really stunning and a 17 foot high air mailed pass is Moss' fault?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

idiot

Yeah, his QBR was really stunning and a 17 foot high air mailed pass is Moss' fault?

Kaepernick's lone interception in the 2nd quarter was on a pass to Randy Moss that was a bit high, although Moss did not make any attempt whatsoever to go up and grab that ball or play defender (haven't we heard this before?).

He's feels he's better than Jerry Rice...yes, a legend in his own mind. He won't be a 49er next year...do Pats want him back ???

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why is Moss to blame and an air mailed pass?  Kaepernick played tight the entire 1st half. His cockiness backfired when Balt took away the pistol. That simple.

They took the pistol away ???  But, yes, but I will never know why Harbaugh didn't let him run(would have surpassed the 64 record) or Gore or James or Dixon the 5 yards at least on 2nd & 3rd downs in last 2 minutes !!!

Kaepernick'™s 62 rushing yards fell just short of a Super Bowl record for a quarterback. Tennessee's Steve McNair had 64 yards in Super Bowl XXXIV.

His 15-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter broke Montana'™s record (6 yards) for the longest scoring run by a quarterback in Super Bowl history.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

From "SF Chronicle" :

Let me say if you do not want to hear about how the refs screwed the 49ers this game, than quit reading now. I know the 49ers did no™t help themselves in the first half, but they also did not get any help from the zebras. This was one of the worst officiating games I have ever witnessed. From the no hold call on the Jacoby Jones touchdown, to the no hold call on Crabtree, to the no offensive pass interference call Smith, to the no hold call on the punter running out of the back of the endzone. It is safe to say that the referees screwed this team hard. And I hope Harbaugh goes off in his press conference.

You gotta give it to this team though, down 28-6 and they didn't quit. They came back and got within 5 yards of taking the lead. I know there will be head scratching on not running the ball to get those 5 yards, especially with Haloti Ngata not in the game. Oh well, we will always have coulda, shoulda games and this is one of them.

It sucks losing, but it sucks losing when not only to you have to beat the opposition, but you also have to beat the refs. NFL wanted Ray Ray to go out on top.

Thank you 49ers for a great season, it was a roller coaster of fun and so ready for next year. So looking forward to seeing a full offseason with Kaepernick and what Baalke gets us in the draft and free agency.

This is a horribly biased SF take on the game. I thought the refs were EXCELLENT, one of the best reffed games I can recall in any recent Super Bowl. The best thing was that they were consistent and let the players determine the outcome of the game. This is what fans want to see. A good ole fashioned smash mouth game, let the players on the field determine the outcome. That was not blantant holding, that was two players jostling for position. The fade call is a crappy call anyway. Again where was Frank Gore! Where was Vernon Davis! How about a Kappernick sneak!!?? Or better yet, try and at least field a competitive game for say the first 35 minutes! Baltimore came in and smashed the Niners right in their big fat arrorgant jaw! The BEST team won...and yes I'm the biggest Pats fan in the world!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Ravens goaline stance was some mediocre playcalling on Sf's part. That said the Niners are an exceptionally good young team. Call or no call. Yeah not gonna replay that one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Oh please.

Which team benefitted from the 30 minute delay due to the the blackout?  Had it not been for the blackout, SF would have been run out of the stadium.  Without the blackout, there is no come back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Oh please.

Which team benefitted from the 30 minute delay due to the the blackout?  Had it not been for the blackout, SF would have been run out of the stadium.  Without the blackout, there is no come back.

Exactly. Great job by the 49ers of digging that 28-6 hole to climb out from. This game had 41-17 written all over it at that point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Because Moss ran the wrong route?

That pass wasn't air mailed.  It was a nice tight spiral.  It went exactly where Kaep intended to throw it.  Either Kaep or Moss made the wrong read. 

Given Moss's history, I would say it was Moss.  Either he misread the coverage, or decided he didn't want to put himself in a position to get crunched.  or maybe running the correct pattern required him to fight through the coverage and he decided to take the play off rather than get roughed up.

Moss should have at least tried to catch the ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

niners fans/reporters are known for being whiners....but with that being said, i agree with the OP that they were robbed on that last play....holding should have been called.

a PATS fan calling another team's fans WHINERS??!!

HOLY S**T!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

idiot

I though CK was really good in the second half and everyone seems to forget he was only named starter at mid-season and he's what 23? 24? what do they expect?

They scored 29 points on offense and Ravens D is tough so i thought he played well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

From "SF Chronicle" :

I'm quite sure that you'd feel the same about The Non Call if the Niners were ahead, and one of DB's did the same to Boldin, right? That's what I thought.

How about two menal errors early that cost them 14 points: offsides AFTER hold on 3rd down and 9, and the facemask. BRILLIANT! They gakked it last year all on their own too, with 2 muffed punt returns. This year, IMO, they did it to themselves early with dumb penalties that kept Raven drives alive or extended them. Did you notice just how please Coach was on those plays? Looked "thrilled to death" to me. 

The 2nd half KO return for a TD? Where was the Niner's lane integrity? I saw a poor tacle attempt. If you break down kickoffs, you'll see holding all the time. As long as the hands are kept inside teh shoulders, it's let go. Funny, I saw a questionable block thrown on the Guinn punt return, that wasn't called. What if it had been?

As a Pats fan, I know how maddening it is to lose a game that is so much within your reach. When that doesn't happen, you look for a reason, which ALWAYS evolves into an excuse. Seeing how it's always fashionable to blame others, the refs always get it.  Sad....... 

Naw, it was refs that did it to them. I coached youth sports,a nd the old addage is very true: yiou have to learn how to lose to KNOW how to win. I hope the Niners have learned something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Because Moss ran the wrong route?

That pass wasn't air mailed.  It was a nice tight spiral.  It went exactly where Kaep intended to throw it.  Either Kaep or Moss made the wrong read. 

Given Moss's history, I would say it was Moss.  Either he misread the coverage, or decided he didn't want to put himself in a position to get crunched.  or maybe running the correct pattern required him to fight through the coverage and he decided to take the play off rather than get roughed up.

Moss should have at least tried to catch the ball.

===========================================

OK, Ok, I know that 2 former 49ers are biased but wanted to copy & paste comments from Romanowski and Mr. "The Catch", Dwight Clark.

Moss will not be a 49ers next year...do the Pats want him back ??? Doubt it !!! Retirement doesn't take any effort, Randy, hang them up please and yup I think Jerry Rice would have made some effort to catch or play defense & knock down the ball. Maybe just jumping he distracts the defender from intercepting...who knows.

Romanowski: Randy Moss had alligator arms
    Posted by Evan Silva on February 4, 2013, 3:00 PM EST

In Sunday night' s Super Bowl XLVII loss to the Ravens, 49ers wide receiver Randy Moss was the intended target of quarterback Colin Kaepernick on a second-quarter pass that was easily intercepted by safety Ed Reed. In Moss' defense, Kaepernick'™s throw seemed too high to be considered  catchable.  But Moss, going over the middle, made no effort whatsoever to reel it in.

Former NFL linebacker Bill Romanowski, now a commentator on CSN Bay Area's 49ers Postgame Live, laid into Moss on set after San Francisco's 34-31 loss.

Randy Moss alligator armed it, he did not  go up for the ball ! Romanowski shouted. He said he was the best receiver in the DAMN world .Okay, you hear me? OH GOD! That's  what pisses me off! You are playing in the SUPER BOWL, guys!

Former NFL wide receiver Dwight Clark is also a CSN Bay Area post-game commentator and gave his take.

He did not alligator arm it, said Clark. He didn'™t even reach up for it! He watched it sail over his head!