Condolences to UD6.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Condolences to UD6.

Brady just passed Manning in all-time playoff passer rating. I know that was one of the last sheds of hope you were clinging to in your obsession to delude yourself into thinking Manning was better.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Condolences to UD6.

In Response to Re: Condolences to UD6.:
    [QUOTE]Does that count playoffs too or just regular season?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Brady was ahead in career season PR. The Denver game put him ahead of Gomer in the playoffs too. Dog was touting that on Manning's behalf. (Even though his numbers came in lower playoff rounds)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Funny thing about that until either retires every playoff game can affect the rating.

I'd hold off celebrating until it's set in stone. Much like with UD, you don't want to declare something only to have it come back and bit you in the @ss

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I think we can all agree that we've been lucky to have witnessed two of the all time greats .

Actually Possibly Three.

Poor Brees , had he come along 10 years earlier ( or later )  , we'd most likely be including him in the discussion .

To that regard ...
    all the RODGERS lovers out there need to tap the breaks on the BEST EVER crap until he gets at least another half dozen years under his belt.
     He looked pretty pedestrain down the stretch this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Condolences to UD6.:
    [QUOTE]Brady just passed Manning in all-time playoff passer rating. I know that was one of the last sheds of hope you were clinging to in your obsession to delude yourself into thinking Manning was better.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the consideration, but its unnecessary.  2011 was an unprecedented year in which established offenses were able to shred defenses due to the lockout and as evidenced by the volume of QB's throwing for 5000 yards. 

I'd imagine that if Peyton had played he would have been in that crowd.  Alas, he didn't get to play in the outlier year, but its not forgotten.  Nor is the fact that he may be the best QB of all-time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE] I think we can all agree that we've been lucky to have witnessed two of the all time greats . Poor Brees , had he come along 10 years earlier ( or later )  , we'd probably be talkin' about him as well.  To that regard ... all the RODGERS lovers out there need to tap the breaks on the BEST EVER crap until he gets at least another half dozen years under his belt.  He looked pretty pedestrain down the stretch this year.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    And remember Capn - Manning went into that 16th game with 49 TD's and only played one series before being pulled.  I did an analysis for someone earlier this year and Brady played quite a bit more in his 07 season than Manning did in his 04 season.  But I also said that's the way the cookie crumbles.  I just don't want to hear anyone saying that Belichick doesn't have Brady and other players going for stats and records.  Its obvious he does. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Condolences to UD6. : Appreciate the consideration, but its unnecessary.  2011 was an unprecedented year in which established offenses were able to shred defenses due to the lockout and as evidenced by the volume of QB's throwing for 5000 yards.  I'd imagine that if Peyton had played he would have been in that crowd.  Alas, he didn't get to play in the outlier year, but its not forgotten.  Nor is the fact that he may be the best QB of all-time. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]UD...  agree with you here and we forgot one thing..  Brady also missed the 2008 season, which based on his 2007 season, could have resulted in even better numbers, career wise given the last couple seasons.  Peyton would have to FAR exceed his normal stats to stay ahead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Condolences to UD6. : Appreciate the consideration, but its unnecessary.  2011 was an unprecedented year in which established offenses were able to shred defenses due to the lockout and as evidenced by the volume of QB's throwing for 5000 yards.  I'd imagine that if Peyton had played he would have been in that crowd.  Alas, he didn't get to play in the outlier year, but its not forgotten.  Nor is the fact that he may be the best QB of all-time. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I've already proven this year was not significantly a greater passing year than the last quarter century.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE] I think we can all agree that we've been lucky to have witnessed two of the all time greats . Actually Possibly Three. Poor Brees , had he come along 10 years earlier ( or later )  , we'd most likely be including him in the discussion ....
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Brees can definitely be included. He's two years younger than Brady, has more passing yards already and only 19 fewer TDs. If he plays close to his current level until he's 38 (six more years), he'd have a chance at catching Favre's TD record (needs 38 TDs/year) and getting fairly close to his yardage record. If he plays as long as Favre, he'll be first in both (assuming good health).

I would say Favre belongs in the discussion as well, while we're at it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Condolences to UD6. : UD...  agree with you here and we forgot one thing..  Brady also missed the 2008 season, which based on his 2007 season, could have resulted in even better numbers, career wise given the last couple seasons.  Peyton would have to FAR exceed his normal stats to stay ahead.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

AGC - You have a point, but if we were to use that logic, then I suppose we could look at Manning's 2005 year as a clue to Brady's anticipated 2008 season.  Manning had an excellent year.  Led the league in passer rating, but he threw fewer TD's and 800 fewer yards.  The point is that there is no guarantee that a best ever season is followed the next year by an even better season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Can you imagine what Brady's stats would look like if he got to play most of his career indoors?  

No weather......faster track for his recievers.  Would his numbers be 10% higher?  15% higher?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Condolences to UD6. : And remember Capn - Manning went into that 16th game with 49 TD's and only played one series before being pulled.  I did an analysis for someone earlier this year and Brady played quite a bit more in his 07 season than Manning did in his 04 season.  But I also said that's the way the cookie crumbles.  I just don't want to hear anyone saying that Belichick doesn't have Brady and other players going for stats and records.  Its obvious he does. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

He has them going for wins. The rest follows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Condolences to UD6. : And remember Capn - Manning went into that 16th game with 49 TD's and only played one series before being pulled.  I did an analysis for someone earlier this year and Brady played quite a bit more in his 07 season than Manning did in his 04 season.  But I also said that's the way the cookie crumbles.  I just don't want to hear anyone saying that Belichick doesn't have Brady and other players going for stats and records.  Its obvious he does. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Obviously he doesn't. If he did he wouldn't have had Brady hand the ball off 3 times when they were inside the 10 against the Donkeys and the all time playoff game TD mark was there for the taking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Condolences to UD6. : Obviously he doesn't. If he did he wouldn't have had Brady hand the ball off 3 times when they were inside the 10 against the Donkeys and the all time playoff game TD mark was there for the taking.

Not to mention the record for most career TDs in the postseason.  Or the number of passing yards in a playoff game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Your premise must include SB victories, which it does not. Eli may prove to be the best QB in that family.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Condolences to UD6.:
    [QUOTE]Brady just passed Manning in all-time playoff passer rating. I know that was one of the last sheds of hope you were clinging to in your obsession to delude yourself into thinking Manning was better.

LOL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Huh, if the Aints get to the SB, Seyton won't even be the best Manning of all time...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The Dolts should make Manning thier QB coach next year and if healthy allow him to play as a Player coach.  They could restucture his contact with insentives if he plays.  He's already coaching the offense when he's on the field so why not.  In a few years he could even be the OC or HC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Brady, Peyton and Brees are definitely the solid corps of their generation's elite QBs...and they span the different storylines too. Peyton is the college star...known #1 overall who inherits a crappy team and builds them into perrennial contenders. Brady...well you all know...Brady is the afterthought who fills in for the injured aging star and makes the most of his opportunity to become great. Then Brees is the known commodity out of college, taken as someone you knew could play...does very well for the team who drafted him, yet they show him no respect. He signs as a FA wiith one of the worst franchises historically in the game, and turns them instantly into a legit team.

They really are all great stories...I'm not really sure which one is the better storybook ending.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yes. Playing every minute of December games outdoors in New Englans, Buffalo and or New York is just the thing for a QB rating. Too bad Manning had to play indoors where the weather was always perfect.

Speaking of playing outdoors - how did that go for Drew Brees this year. Fact of the matter is playing indoors adds TONS to a QB rating over time.