CONGRATS TO JOHNNY MANZIEL

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: CONGRATS TO JOHNNY MANZIEL

Oh well, was hoping for Manti to win.

Time for BB to start trading his 3rd round picks up for 2nd rounders. Need to start gathering draft picks to move up and grab this guy!

Assuming he develops further and puts on some weight. Could be the next Drew Brees!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, in the end it was pretty much the clear choice.  Freshman or not, he was absolutely deserving.  Usually I disagree with the Heisman voters on thier selection, but I think they got it right this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh well, was hoping for Manti to win.

Time for BB to start trading his 3rd round picks up for 2nd rounders. Need to start gathering draft picks to move up and grab this guy!

Assuming he develops further and puts on some weight. Could be the next Drew Brees!

[/QUOTE]

interesting i too have posted both these thoughts on draft thread.

i thought i also started a thread about it as well, but i have been busy lately so i dont remember.

i was discussing trading way ahead of time, before  a team knew they would be #1 to a team we predict to be #1 in 2 years and getting manziel or the best qb that year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

had a fabulous season and a good guy

glad they didnt hold that ridiculous freshman thing against him too

Conrgratulations!

[/QUOTE]

hi jint,

you have been caustic lately in your fandom, so was surprised to read you post this abotu manziel. he was my pick. i know you are a huge notre dame fan.

te'o did get player of year and def player of year, etc he cleaned up but for heisman

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I honestly thought that Notre Dame's Manti Te'o was going to win. How many years has it gone to a QB? I think it's tiime for a change. Also is Johhny really only a freshman, the guy looks like he's thirty? Well congrats...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

had a fabulous season and a good guy

glad they didnt hold that ridiculous freshman thing against him too

Conrgratulations!

[/QUOTE]

hi jint,

you have been caustic lately in your fandom, so was surprised to read you post this abotu manziel. he was my pick. i know you are a huge notre dame fan.

te'o did get player of year and def player of year, etc he cleaned up but for heisman

[/QUOTE]

i am fair and appreciate talent-hey klein was great too

i dont think i have been "caustic"...i have been usual, whether it be ND or Giants-but you know some people just drive you to it  :  )

[/QUOTE]

you have been even for the most part as far as i can remember. last week or so you came at me it appeared out of the blue for expressing concern about a run and pass threat qb ("disrespewcting eli"). i saw jsut a couple of those, i just said your fandom reached a certain peak and maybe you attacked a little. 

i dont read when others give it to you for being here or being a giants fan, or your attacks back at them, so im not counting that. 

as a sports fan, i hate the giants. ive a right to. in fact you might say its a badge of respect. i got no hate for you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I honestly thought that Notre Dame's Manti Te'o was going to win. How many years has it gone to a QB? I think it's tiime for a change. Also is Johhny really only a freshman, the guy looks like he's thirty? Well congrats...

[/QUOTE]

yeah dude is legit.

broke newton and tebows record. 

beat bama as a freshman. awesome game it was.

if a and m were not in teh sec, he probabbly would be in the nc game. maybe the best team in the country right now (regardless of record). certainly as deserving as any to be in a playoff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you that  I also thought that Manti would win.  Manziel is 20.  Article explains it.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7ktz38VQvVcAZuVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1Zm1wZW1vBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1NNRTE1NV8yMzA-/SIG=13vjb6ugn/EXP=1355173875/**http%3a//espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8727326/johnny-manziel-texas-aggies-wins-2012-heisman-trophy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

They ought to finally callit wgat it is: the Heisman OFFENSIVE Player of the Year Award, as proof that American sports fans love stats.

I was with a bunch of guys watching the presentation, when the question came up: What would you do if YOU were in Manti's position? I said, after I got my invite, I'd ask if the voting was all wrapped up . If the answer was Yes, I'd say Thanks, but I wasn't going to go. If I did win, and didn't go, what would they do? Take it away from me? I didn't want to be in a supporting cast/guest appearance position.

Heisman means nothing as few of the winners actually go on to long, good, and very productive pro careers. Johnny Football had a great season. Not taking anything away from him. But, if I was a defender, count me out of attending. I don't want or need a trip to NYC that badly, to be a prop for someone else's PR. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He could be the next Gino Toretta or the next Drew Brees (size).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He could be the next Gino Toretta or the next Drew Brees (size).

[/QUOTE]

Flutie too?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Congrats to Manziel, but man it's ridiculous they waited this long to give it to a frosh.  Plenty of other deserving guys in their freshman years.  Herschel Walker and Adrian Peterson immediately come to mind.