Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

I will NEVER watch or support the Pats if this dog- killing SOB is signed. I will lose all respect for the organization for such a pathetic move as well. Don't do it Kraft!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]several things: 1--The textbook psychological profile of serial killers directly relates animal abuse and torture as a major component of their escalating behavioral sociopathy.  Comparing Vick's behavior to that of a serial killer is not as far-fetched as your mock-outrage would seem to indicate.  2--Michael Vick is a player that simply does not fit the NEP playbook.  He didn't before his conviction and he doesn't now.  I wouldn't want Michael or his punk brother Marcus anywhere near the NEP.  Michael Vick has done his time, certainly, but there is absolutely no 'right' involved in him becoming any more than the guy that takes your order at Burger King.  His future, whatever it may be, will not be subsidized by my hard-earned money.  3--You need to develop a proper sense of perspective.  Killing dogs ruthlessly for sport is easily as abominable as killing a human.  In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! :
    Posted by GhostOfLombardi[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for saying that! You are a good man of common sense. I am sick of these people saying "It was just a dog". A life is a life, whether it's a dog, cat, your neighbor's sheep, or a human.  People try to put down animals as not having any value,  but they have thoughts, feelings, and as much right to live as any human does. The people who can't understand this have no respect for llife and are as bad as the people who abuse or kill animals like Vick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea! and the Jets s uck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

1--The textbook psychological profile of serial killers directly relates animal abuse and torture as a major component of their escalating behavioral sociopathy.  Comparing Vick's behavior to that of a serial killer is not as far-fetched as your mock-outrage would seem to indicate. 

People don't want to credit this idea. I've brought up the question of why no one has delved into the obvious anti-social and psychotic implications of Vick's actions. Neither the league nor any of the Vick supporters even want to acknowledge he may have underlying mental issues.

The difference between Stallworth and Vick is malice, Vick had it Stallworth didn't.

Another concept Vick supporters cannot seem to grasp. I suppose (to them) a careless driver who accidently ran over a person is much worse than a psychotic maniac who went around the neighborhood torturing and killing small animals.

And how do you know that Vick won't fit in here?  Do you have some kind of inside information that the rest of us don't have? 

Common sense should answer this. Vick is a QB who cannot throw accurately, and cannot read defenses, and likes to take off running before going through his reads. The Patriots have Tom Brady. Would you then be looking to replace Tom with Vick? Some say he could be converted to a RB or a WR. We have Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Joey Galloway, Lawrence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, and Fred Taylor. Which of these guys is Vick a better option than? Also the Patriots do not like distractions. Do you think it would help the team to have picketers here for every game, and reporters constantly harassing other players for comments on the Vick situation? I cannot speak for anyone else, but those are the reasons I don't see him as a good fit in Foxboro.

N2, I'm willing to bet you'd lose your bet. I doubt many here have done anything as vile as what Vick did, and your hypothetical doesn't make sense, Vick is not my brother so I/we don't have to accept him back or forgive him. Just like anyone else doesn't have to forgive my brother if he were a murderer.

Good reply! A family member who strayed is one thing. But why should anyone have to accept a guy they despise and pay the money they do for tickets and merchandise? So what he's done his prison term? He's not my brother, or any other of the fan's either! Would this guy want a convicted rapist, murderer, or even a guy who was just released for assault and battery or manslaughter moving into his neighborhood? Somehow I think he wouldn't!

I am not an "animal lover", so while I see the bad in what Vick did, I don't think it was no where as bad as people are making it out to be.

He tortured and killed other living creatures for profit! If you cannot see that as being anti-social behavior with severe psychotic implications, wake up and smell the coffee! Some people think of their animals as their children. In any case, what he did was the act of a sick individual. And as was pointed out earlier, most serial killers of this sort start out on animals and work their way up to humans. It is sadistic at the very least, and disturbing to me, as to a lot of other people!

To finish this all off let me finish by saying F*CK MIKE VICK AND F*CK HIS SECOND CHANCE.

Taz, this was the easiest post to respond to. There is absolutely nothing for me to refute, and nothing for me to add to it!!!

Wow! Let's hope none of you (bashers) have a ghost (or two, or three) in your closet. He did his time and is dead broke. Everyone deserves a second chance. If the Pats sign Vick and he blows it, he'll be done... If he makes good on it, he becomes a better person... and we as fans just might be, too.

The man had a $130 million contract, yet felt he had to run an illegal gambling operation to make more, committing heinous acts of cruelty in the process. He is "broke" due only to his greed. If he were hungry and rooting through my garbage for food I'd run him off with a shotgun! While he may deserve a second chance (I don't agree, but that's just my opinion), let him have his second chance somewhere else!

you're not much of a Pats fan then are you?
    Even if the Patriots signed Plaxico, the guy who ruined the almost perfect season, I'd still watch the games.

Who are you to judge how much a fan anyone else is? Maybe some people hold their moral standards over a game that entertains them. That doesn't make them less of a fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You know why no one is bring that up Bub? Because they all want to convince themselves that what he did was ok because in the ghetto where he grew up it is not considered as bad. So clearly its ok because the stand up classy people of teh ghettos say its ok. They all want to say its his culture and that he was raised to think its ok but if anyone threw the BS out the window they would have to talk about how in the real world little kids who hurt animals in such a way grow up to be serial killers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

Vick is a malicious, disgusting human being.

I can't write off his actions. Bob Kraft knows the Patriots are an organization that people around the league are already not too fond of, why add to that with Vick?

There's no reason to sign him. I'm completely against it.

Tom Brady /> Michael Vick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Yea! and the Jets s uck!
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Yeah they do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Yea! and the Jets s uck!
    Posted by MVPkilla

Yeah they do.

I think you've found the one subject that 95% of us here can all agree on! The only one you'd get an argument from is Leon, and he'd argue with you if you said two plus two equals four (as he obviously cannot count that high)!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I would, however, like to point out at this juncture that although Green New Jersey does, indeed, s*ck, I've always hated the Dolphins more.

And I always will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]I would, however, like to point out at this juncture that although Green New Jersey does, indeed, s*ck, I've always hated the Dolphins more. And I always will.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Jests or Dolphins? I suppose asking me which I hated more would be on par with asking me which smelled worse, dog s h i t or chicken s h i t!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

My favorite comment ever regarding the j-e-t-s went something like this: 

"Picking on Jets fans is like kicking the family dog." 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : Yeah they do.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]My favorite comment ever regarding the j-e-t-s went something like this:  "Picking on Jets fans is like kicking the family dog."  In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! :

I would never kick a dog (unless he kicked me first)! I'll leave the cruelty to dogs to scumbags like Vick (may he rot in hell). Now if Michael was drowning and electrocuting Jests fans, I might be a little more disposed to supporting his return to the NFL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

It depends, If I think about Don Shula and all those A holes who cheered after we didnt go 19-0 it makes me want to nuke Miami lol but if I think about pretty much anything Ney York it makes me want to nuke New York so its a toss up. However it is telling that no one even cares about the Bills lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]It depends, If I think about Don Shula and all those A holes who cheered after we didnt go 19-0 it makes me want to nuke Miami lol but if I think about pretty much anything Ney York it makes me want to nuke New York so its a toss up. However it is telling that no one even cares about the Bills lol

I suppose you can always save up your money to buy TWO nukes!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hating the Jets will not be as much fun this year without Mangina.  You have to admit that he made hating them an absolute joy.  Their new coach should provide us with tons of entertainment (can't shut up), but he will not motivate me to low-crawl naked over a mile of broken glass just to buy an "I hate the Jets" t-shirt.  I'm moving most of my hatred over to the Fins now.  Parcells is molding that organization into a team we can both hate and respect.  I always liked that rivalry better anyway.

Both Vick and his younger brother Marcus have s@#t for brains.  I question whether or not Vick could even pick up our system.  He wasn't known for his cerebral abilities.  Do not interpret that comment as having any racial undertones.  It has nothing to do with his race, he simply isn't very bright.  I would say this no matter what his race was.  Take the water bottle incident at the airport that reportedly had pot hidden in it.  Although it did not end up having any weed, why the hell did he even resist giving up the bottle and creating a scene?   He didn't have the money to buy another bottle?  The answer is simple.  The kid just isn't very smart.  

His lack of smarts no doubt contributed to his failure to recognize "I'm in the NFL and making a ton of money, why the hell do I want to finance a dog fighting operation?"  He wasn't smart enough to realize he made it out of the ghetto.  A lot of NFL players come from similar backgrounds, but most of them are happy to be removed from it, and don't try to cling to it.  Notice I said "most of them".  There are no absolutes in life.  His younger brother Marcus couldn't even get through a college career without stepping on it.  He was another promising athlete.  If Vick gets a chance somewhere and he does good with it I'll be happy.  I'm all for a success story, and all for someone turning their life around.  I don't know if we'll see that however.  We figured out how to transplant some organs, but until we can conduct brain transplants, Vick and his brother are in for long and tough lives.  That's the core problem.  His poor childhood got him on the wrong road.  His s@#t for brains is responsible for him not seeing the numerous exit ramps that were on that road.  He ended up being one lucky sob livin' the dream and couldn't see it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea the Vick brothers are f*cked when the zombies come. They wouldnt even figure it out ill they came crashing through his living room windows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I'm wondering if you Vick haters heard Belicheck's response to the Vick question?  Didn't exactly sound like a "sorry, we aren't interested" to me...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Hey Izzo I will bet you anything you want to bet that the Pats dont sign Mike Vick. Anything you want, money? a funny prank? I tell you what, if the Pats sign Mike Vick I will go streaking at the first game I go to this season. Which would be the Jets game I think. I am that sure that we wont sign him. He is not smart enough to play for Bill Belichick. Bill said he was a good athalete and no one has ever said he was not a good athalete so what is your point? So Bill says the same things we have all said which is he is a good athalete and you think that means Vick will make a good fit in the ultra complicated Pats offense? You are reading into this way too much. Bill might think the guy can play but I doubt he would let him dog sit anytime soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostOfLombardi. Show GhostOfLombardi's posts

And he didn't exactly whip out the KY either. 

I'll take 'Vick-hater' as a compliment.  How do you feel about being labeled a sociopath-lover? 

[QUOTE]I'm wondering if you Vick haters heard Belicheck's response to the Vick question?  Didn't exactly sound like a "sorry, we aren't interested" to me...
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I'm wondering if you Vick haters heard Belicheck's response to the Vick question?  Didn't exactly sound like a "sorry, we aren't interested" to me...
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

BB's response did give me pause for a few seconds.  But then again, BB is quite careful about what he says.  He wouldn't say anything negative about him anyway.

Yeah, I don't care for Vick.  I didn't like him before the dog incident.  That said, if he gets a chance somewhere and he does indeed straighten his life out, I will be glad for him.  I express my doubts about that, but I'll be happy nonetheless.  Stories about people cleaning up their lives are always good.  I just hope it's a story about him joining some other team.  Like I've said on other threads, do we really appear to be hurting on offense this year?  Why even take the chance?  Are we hoping we can average 38.4 points a game instead of 38.3?  OK guys, don't rip into me for that number.  I just pulled it out of my behind as an example.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TWisch. Show TWisch's posts

Coach Bill Belichick wouldn't rule out the possibility of signing free agent Michael Vick as Patriots camp opened Thursday.
    Belichick must love winning more than dogs. "Michael is an outstanding player, you know, (but he) hasn’t played in a couple years," Belichick said. "But exactly where he is right now, I don’t know." For what it's worth, Bodog.com has set the odds of New England signing Vick at 4-to-1.

I am loving the high odds for the Pats to sign Vick!!!! LOVING IT!  Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Izzo I will bet you anything you want to bet that the Pats dont sign Mike Vick. Anything you want, money? a funny prank? I tell you what, if the Pats sign Mike Vick I will go streaking at the first game I go to this season. Which would be the Jets game I think. I am that sure that we wont sign him. He is not smart enough to play for Bill Belichick. Bill said he was a good athalete and no one has ever said he was not a good athalete so what is your point? So Bill says the same things we have all said which is he is a good athalete and you think that means Vick will make a good fit in the ultra complicated Pats offense? You are reading into this way too much. Bill might think the guy can play but I doubt he would let him dog sit anytime soon.

I don't think they'll sign him either, but I wouldn't be mad if they did.  I like Vick.  I will say this though... I bet they at least bring him in and look at him.  That right there shows "interest". 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would bet my life that he comes no where near NE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]And he didn't exactly whip out the KY either.  I'll take 'Vick-hater' as a compliment.  How do you feel about being labeled a sociopath-lover?  In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! :

Label me what you want.  You won't label me a hater though.  I grew up in Roxbury...  I know people a lot worse than vick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]I would bet my life that he comes no where near NE.

I would make that bet, but I don't want to see you lose your life...