Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebw-343. Show ebw-343's posts

Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!

I wish I were a girl so I could have Vick's kid.  He's much hotter than Brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I wish I were a girl so I could have Vick's kid.  He's much hotter than Brady.

The trolls are indeed coming out of the woodwork. Much like cockroaches, only uglier and not as intelligent!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Izzo if you know Vick so well that you can personally hand deliver a leter to him and read it with him while enjoying a laugh then you should be able to give us all the details. Did he work out for the Pats, since you two are such buddies you must know the answer right so why keep us all waiting? Has he sigbned his contract with teh Pats yet? how much is he looking for? Also how many times did he take it in his a ss while in jail? Did he make any shanks? And since he is clearly one of your boyfriends and you are so close how about telling us if he wears bowers of breifs since you two are clearly so close that you are sleeping together. Or were you just being a d*ckhead?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You don't make a "shank," you make a shiv.

And then you shank someone with it.

Geez, killa . . .  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Oh thats right I forgot you taught English to inmates for a while. Next time I will make sure to use it the right way. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

Hey MVP. I've been watching the NFL Network since 6:30P tonight and they reported that unless Vick has a body double, the reports that he was in NE are essentially FALSE. That's right, FALSE! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]Hey MVP. I've been watching the NFL Network since 6:30P tonight and they reported that unless Vick has a body double, the reports that he was in NE are essentially FALSE. That's right, FALSE! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

darn, you may have won this battle, but the war is still on....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gregg591. Show gregg591's posts

Go to coldhardfootballfacts.com They have a link to a confirmed story that Vick has passed through Logan and IS at Gillette at this moment...weee'lll seeeeeeee!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : darn, you may have won this battle, but the war is still on....
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

Hey N2...I'll give you this much, you are tenacious. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]Go to coldhardfootballfacts.com They have a link to a confirmed story that Vick has passed through Logan and IS at Gillette at this moment...weee'lll seeeeeeee!!!
    Posted by gregg591[/QUOTE]

Nice try, troll! The link on CHFF is the one from Barstool Sports! They are almost as legitimate as the National Enquirer! And the article states that he merely passed through Logan. Someone here posted the real reason he was in Boston earlier. He was meeting up with Whitey Bulger and Elvis. They were going to dinner with Jimmy Hoffa, who claims to know where the "alien baby" (who is supposedly related to all these guys) is hiding out! Please, do us all a favor and go out and get a life! Or at least a job! I'm sure you can master the phrase "Would you like to supersize that order, sir?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gregg591. Show gregg591's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : Nice try, troll! The link on CHFF is the one from Barstool Sports! They are almost as legitimate as the National Enquirer! And the article states that he merely passed through Logan. Someone here posted the real reason he was in Boston earlier. He was meeting up with Whitey Bulger and Elvis. They were going to dinner with Jimmy Hoffa, who claims to know where the "alien baby" (who is supposedly related to all these guys) is hiding out! Please, do us all a favor and go out and get a life! Or at least a job! I'm sure you can master the phrase " Would you like to supersize that order, sir? "
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

The Weeeell SSeeeee!!! I closed the damn two sentence post was referencing it's absurdity....and I'm a troll.....fan since 59, and I get hosed by some putz when my point wasn't absorbed.....gotta love these forums, you my friend are a tool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecapsmolly. Show ecapsmolly's posts

In Response to Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]From Yahoo Sports.  Are the writers at the LA Times high?! Mr.Kraft will get a stronly worded letter from me if this comes to pass. But I certainly can't imagine he'd even consider signing such an...ahem...individual. Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am EDT Michael Vick could end up in New England Now that Almighty NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has let it be known that ex-con quarterback Michael Vick (notes) isn't going to be suspended for the season, rumblings are starting as to where the dog lover will end up - and it isn't in the fledgling United Football League, which some previously believed would be his only chance to make some dough for throwing a ball. The Los Angeles Times is proposing that the New England Patriots may have some interest in bringing Vick in as a backup to Tom Brady (notes) . After all, the Patriots haven't been afraid to sign such controversial players as Randy Moss (notes) , who had a past history of marijuana use, knocking over a police officer with his car, and pretending to moon opposing fans, and Corey Dillon (notes) , who supposedly just had a bad attitude, in the past. The Miami Dolphins are also considered a possible landing spot for Vick, depending on whether Bill Parcells wants to bench his new prize possession, former West Virginia quarterback Pat White (notes) . And Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is always happy to give a controversial player a 14th chance. Source: Los Angeles Times

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : The Weeeell SSeeeee!!! I closed the damn two sentence post was referencing it's absurdity....and I'm a troll.....fan since 59, and I get hosed by some putz when my point wasn't absorbed.....gotta love these forums, you my friend are a tool
    Posted by gregg591[/QUOTE]

Well, your first post should not look so much like the other trolls on the thread! A lot of them have been saying "we'll see" about Vick signing, too. The trolls have been coming back in droves the last couple days. If you're not one, I'm sorry. But I thought the Patriots didn't start playing until 1960. Yet you claim to be a fan since 59? I don't know how you were a fan of a team who didn't exist! In any case, it may be better to note when you are being sarcastic a little clearer. We are used to trolls here, and suspicious when some new screen name appears on a thread being trolled. Also, you know what you can do with your "tool"!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

well, this all sounds the same like when there were rumors of a trade for Randy Moss in '06 and it became reality in '07.
    If Belichek isn't ruling out Michael Vick, meaning that it's a possiblity, meaning if the numbers match he's in.
    and Why Not? The guy is a superior athlete, at any given moment he's the
    fastest man on the field even with Moss on the field.
    In Belichek's mind having Vick on his team will change the game.
    Imagine, he's already has schemes to fit him in the offense with Tom Brady.
    Who's says Vick is only limited to play only at quarterback?
    If Belichek can get Vick to drink the coolaid the game will change.
    You all have to look passed everything and realize that this is a game, a sport,
    this is about winning the game, winning the Super Bowl.
    Winning is what it's all about.
    If getting Michael Vick means the Patriots go undefeated and win the Super Bowl,
    Hey, I'm all for it.
    I will feel sorry for all you fans that don't like the idea of Michael Vick as a Patriot, IF it happens. I for one will be willing to accept it if Belichek makes it happen. For the better of the team and winnning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

But Belichick will NOT sign Vick. I'm known for hating him due to his off-field actions, but let's put all that aside. The fact is, Vick is not smart enough to play for Belichick. In Atlanta they had to "dumb down" the playbook for him. As a QB his completion percentage s u c k s. He can't read defenses all that well, and he makes bad decisions. The only reason he has as many rushing yards as he does is because he can't (or won't) stay in the pocket and go through his reads. He's too quick to tuck the ball and run for it. His biggest plays have been broken ones where the opposing defense was not ready for it and he got enough room to use his speed. But if you truly follow the Patriots you would know Bill's mantra: "Do your job"! He doesn't rely on freak or trick plays to win games. He methodically attacks opponents' weaknesses and moves the ball down the field with discipline. As far as the wildcat BS goes, that was last year's news. Fads taken from the NCAA generally fade out quickly in the NFL. We all saw how a good defense such as the Ravens contained it nicely, not once but twice. With Moss, Welker, Galloway, and the other new guys they don't need any more WRs. They are also stocked at RB. So where exactly would Vick fit in? His strength is in the "backyard game" type of play. That won't fly in Foxboro. Now to move on to the next huge downside. Any team who signs this guy is going to have the media coming out of the woodwork. Especially if he went to a team such as the Patriots. Not only to be harassing Vick, but also his teammates with all the BS questions they will be wanting to edit and distort. Plus there are likely to be protesters from such organizations such as PETA who will inevitably be picketing and disturbing the peace at any game Vick plays in. This all adds up to one large distraction, no matter how hard they tried to downplay it. Robert Kraft just built a multimillion dollar complex in Foxboro. Do you think he'll want these bozos hanging around discouraging potential customers from patronizing it? I seriously doubt it. When you add it all up there are very few "pros", and a couple pages worth of "cons"! This offense set league records two years ago, and the key pieces are back in place for this season. What could Vick possibly add to it? It has been the defense which has come up short these last four years.

I believe these are all logical reasons to believe that this guy has no place in Foxboro. Belichick simply stating he won't "rule anything in or out" should not be taken as some sort of indication that he is interested in this guy. Once again, he uses his generic answer when asked about a potential FA, and everybody goes nuts thinking the man is going to join the team! I understand the media's agenda for printing this type of BS, it would be controversy on top of controversy, and that sells to the gossip-minded public. But any true fan of the team should step back, ignore the hype, and look at the facts. Then I would think it should be quite clear that bringing this guy into the mix would be a huge mistake. And this team simply does not make many mistakes when it comes to personnel.

Just one more point to make. Many here have thrown out the argument that they brought in guys like Moss and Dillon and it has turned out well. But we're talking apples and oranges here! Randy and Corey were malcontents, not criminals. Nobody was protesting them being in the league. Neither of them had just been released from prison. There was no huge media circus following them around. Comparing them to Vick is like comparing a jaywalker to an axe murderer, IMO. It simply doesn't correlate. Add to that the fact that both Dillon and Moss are more intelligent than Vick by a very large margin. The only similarity is that all these guys had fans on both sides of the fence when questioned about them joining the team. But it ends there.

I hope people can see the logic in what I've tried to say. Personally, I would never want to see Vick in Foxboro, and would be happy to see him banned for life. If I passed him on the street I would not p i s s on the man if he were on fire! But even if I were of like mind with those who wish to give him a "second chance", and were willing (and able) to forgive him his sadistic, murderous, heinous acts, I would still not want him on the Patriots. Because my logic tells me he is a bad fit, and not needed on this offense!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

[QUOTE]"I would make that bet, but I don't want to see you lose your life... " - Izzo "Good Luck in the afterlife then." - Pap Ok you two, so when we dont sign Vick can I expect to see you two on this forum talking about how bad the foot in your mouth tastes? Cause if we sign him I will be the first one on here to say I was wrong. So I hope I can trust that you two bozos will do the same WHEN Mike Vick does not sign.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Only stating that you shouldn't be so sure. Unless your boys and chat with Floyd Reese and Bill don't rule something out. Chances are slim he will sign but there is still always that chance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?! : Only stating that you shouldn't be so sure. Unless your boys and chat with Floyd Reese and Bill don't rule something out. Chances are slim he will sign but there is still always that chance.
    Posted by paparui[/QUOTE]

Also I don't care about being wrong cause it happens to everyone once in a while but for the most part I'm usually right and won't bet my life on the Pat's signing Vick if you would like to know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

In Response to Conjecture about Vick coming to New England?!:
    [QUOTE]From Yahoo Sports.  Are the writers at the LA Times high?! Mr.Kraft will get a stronly worded letter from me if this comes to pass. But I certainly can't imagine he'd even consider signing such an...ahem...individual. Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am EDT Michael Vick could end up in New England Now that Almighty NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has let it be known that ex-con quarterback Michael Vick (notes) isn't going to be suspended for the season, rumblings are starting as to where the dog lover will end up - and it isn't in the fledgling United Football League, which some previously believed would be his only chance to make some dough for throwing a ball. The Los Angeles Times is proposing that the New England Patriots may have some interest in bringing Vick in as a backup to Tom Brady (notes) . After all, the Patriots haven't been afraid to sign such controversial players as Randy Moss (notes) , who had a past history of marijuana use, knocking over a police officer with his car, and pretending to moon opposing fans, and Corey Dillon (notes) , who supposedly just had a bad attitude, in the past. The Miami Dolphins are also considered a possible landing spot for Vick, depending on whether Bill Parcells wants to bench his new prize possession, former West Virginia quarterback Pat White (notes) . And Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is always happy to give a controversial player a 14th chance. Source: Los Angeles Times

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Stauggy, do you ever actually post anything, or simply forward other posts to the bottom of the list? If you simply click in the box below the text of the one you're responding to you can add your own thoughts!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]But Belichick will NOT sign Vick. I'm known for hating him due to his off-field actions, but let's put all that aside. The fact is, Vick is not smart enough to play for Belichick. In Atlanta they had to "dumb down" the playbook for him. As a QB his completion percentage s u c k s. He can't read defenses all that well, and he makes bad decisions. The only reason he has as many rushing yards as he does is because he can't (or won't) stay in the pocket and go through his reads. He's too quick to tuck the ball and run for it. His biggest plays have been broken ones where the opposing defense was not ready for it and he got enough room to use his speed. But if you truly follow the Patriots you would know Bill's mantra: "Do your job"! He doesn't rely on freak or trick plays to win games. He methodically attacks opponents' weaknesses and moves the ball down the field with discipline. As far as the wildcat BS goes, that was last year's news. Fads taken from the NCAA generally fade out quickly in the NFL. We all saw how a good defense such as the Ravens contained it nicely, not once but twice. With Moss, Welker, Galloway, and the other new guys they don't need any more WRs. They are also stocked at RB. So where exactly would Vick fit in? His strength is in the "backyard game" type of play. That won't fly in Foxboro. Now to move on to the next huge downside. Any team who signs this guy is going to have the media coming out of the woodwork. Especially if he went to a team such as the Patriots. Not only to be harassing Vick, but also his teammates with all the BS questions they will be wanting to edit and distort. Plus there are likely to be protesters from such organizations such as PETA who will inevitably be picketing and disturbing the peace at any game Vick plays in. This all adds up to one large distraction, no matter how hard they tried to downplay it. Robert Kraft just built a multimillion dollar complex in Foxboro. Do you think he'll want these bozos hanging around discouraging potential customers from patronizing it? I seriously doubt it. When you add it all up there are very few "pros", and a couple pages worth of "cons"! This offense set league records two years ago, and the key pieces are back in place for this season. What could Vick possibly add to it? It has been the defense which has come up short these last four years. I believe these are all logical reasons to believe that this guy has no place in Foxboro. Belichick simply stating he won't "rule anything in or out" should not be taken as some sort of indication that he is interested in this guy. Once again, he uses his generic answer when asked about a potential FA, and everybody goes nuts thinking the man is going to join the team! I understand the media's agenda for printing this type of BS, it would be controversy on top of controversy, and that sells to the gossip-minded public. But any true fan of the team should step back, ignore the hype, and look at the facts. Then I would think it should be quite clear that bringing this guy into the mix would be a huge mistake. And this team simply does not make many mistakes when it comes to personnel. Just one more point to make. Many here have thrown out the argument that they brought in guys like Moss and Dillon and it has turned out well. But we're talking apples and oranges here! Randy and Corey were malcontents, not criminals. Nobody was protesting them being in the league. Neither of them had just been released from prison. There was no huge media circus following them around. Comparing them to Vick is like comparing a jaywalker to an axe murderer, IMO. It simply doesn't correlate. Add to that the fact that both Dillon and Moss are more intelligent than Vick by a very large margin. The only similarity is that all these guys had fans on both sides of the fence when questioned about them joining the team. But it ends there. I hope people can see the logic in what I've tried to say. Personally, I would never want to see Vick in Foxboro, and would be happy to see him banned for life. If I passed him on the street I would not p i s s on the man if he were on fire! But even if I were of like mind with those who wish to give him a "second chance", and were willing (and able) to forgive him his sadistic, murderous, heinous acts, I would still not want him on the Patriots. Because my logic tells me he is a bad fit, and not needed on this offense!

The fact that you hate the man cancels out any arguement you have for not wanting him signed.  You would never see any "good" in bringing him in because of your disdain for the guy.  All you did in that post is re-hash the same simple arguements that everyone else gives for not signing him.  Making statements about his past has nothing to do with his future.  PEOPLE CHANGE!  The man played 4 full seasons with 3 different coaches.  Not exactly a formula for success.  People forget that Drew Brees sucked his first few years in the league, John Elway sucked his first few years in the league, Troy Aikman sucked his first few years in the league.  Different players progress differently.  Just because Vick didn't play up to your standards doesn't mean he won't help this team win ball games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Sorry dude, it's almost a fundamental principle of psychology that people in fact DON'T change. Not their personalities, maybe they keep things under wraps better, but lokk up the statistics on how many reformed anti-social individuals there are out there and I think you'll find it shockingly low.

And I agree with bubthegrubb2 - Vick is not a good player and aside from the monster contract he'd signed with ATL and his buddy buddy with the owner should have been let go long before the dog fighting thing happened.

The reason 3 coaches and numerous WRs went through ATL was because VICK was putting up a pout that "people wouldn't catch my passes" and "this coach doesn't know how to use me". Sorry, the same system with a rookie QB - Matt Ryan, with the same WRs went to the playoffs last year in SPITE of the distraction that Vick was.

I wish I understood why people defend Vick as a QB. He was NEVER a good one. Yes they went to the championship game, but so did the bears with Grossman - are you telling me that Grossman is a quality QB that you'd want running your team?  How many other teams have had success despite their QB, and moreove how do you know that they wouldn't have won far more games with a better passing QB (i.e. one with more that a 50% completion ratio). Remember, Vick has NEVER had a 2500 yard season as a QB. Yeah, he's gained 1000 yards as a runner, but that's still 3500 yards as a QB. Half the QBs in the league get more yards in passing. Stop making excuses for a guy who is flashy but not that good.

MAYBE he would have been a decent reciever, but he's not sturdy enough to be a RB, and he's not really fast enough to be an elite WR. Also, I'd have to reserve judgement on him as either position unless I saw him play special teams...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry dude, it's almost a fundamental principle of psychology that people in fact DON'T change. Not their personalities, maybe they keep things under wraps better, but lokk up the statistics on how many reformed anti-social individuals there are out there and I think you'll find it shockingly low. And I agree with bubthegrubb2 - Vick is not a good player and aside from the monster contract he'd signed with ATL and his buddy buddy with the owner should have been let go long before the dog fighting thing happened. The reason 3 coaches and numerous WRs went through ATL was because VICK was putting up a pout that "people wouldn't catch my passes" and "this coach doesn't know how to use me". Sorry, the same system with a rookie QB - Matt Ryan, with the same WRs went to the playoffs last year in SPITE of the distraction that Vick was. I wish I understood why people defend Vick as a QB. He was NEVER a good one. Yes they went to the championship game, but so did the bears with Grossman - are you telling me that Grossman is a quality QB that you'd want running your team?  How many other teams have had success despite their QB, and moreove how do you know that they wouldn't have won far more games with a better passing QB (i.e. one with more that a 50% completion ratio). Remember, Vick has NEVER had a 2500 yard season as a QB. Yeah, he's gained 1000 yards as a runner, but that's still 3500 yards as a QB. Half the QBs in the league get more yards in passing. Stop making excuses for a guy who is flashy but not that good. MAYBE he would have been a decent reciever, but he's not sturdy enough to be a RB, and he's not really fast enough to be an elite WR. Also, I'd have to reserve judgement on him as either position unless I saw him play special teams...
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

Man, you are tripping.  First off, people do change.  Just because your "stats" (more one that later) show that people don't change, doesn't mean anything about anyone other than the individuals that these "stats" were based on.  Show me where it says "people don't change" and maybe I'll believe you.

I'll admit Vick wasn't a great QB, but what people don't understand is this.  IF Belichick signs him, IT WILL NOT BE TO REPLACE TOM BRADY!  Why don't people understand this?  He would become a back up, where he has a chance to learn the playbook and showcase his skills in camp and practices.  He may come in for a few plays here and there (not wildcat... I hope that phase is gone) but lets say we go 4 Wide outs, Brady behind center and Vick in the backfield.  You mean to tell me that wouldn't worry opposing defenses?  The fact that special attention will need to be paid to Vick means, attention isn't being focused elsewhere.  Hell, he might be in there as a decoy only... but he'll still worry defenses more that Maroney, Faulk, or Taylor would.

(gotta mention this... the bears' DEFENSE and RUNNING GAME led Chicago to the SB despite Grossman, so to compare the two is foolish on your part)

More on your "stats".  You said Vick has never had a 2500 yrd passing season.  In 02 he passed for over 2900 yrds.  Then if you add his rushing yards in, there are numerous years he went over 3500 yrds.  So so much for your "stats".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

All you did in that post is re-hash the same simple arguements that everyone else gives for not signing him.  Making statements about his past has nothing to do with his future.  PEOPLE CHANGE!

Just because I'm repeating some of the same arguments does not make them any less valid. I specifically stated that I was putting my bias aside. I'd feel the same way if the dog fighting incident never happened! And though sometimes people do change, still, YOU CAN'T CURE STUPID! And I'm talking about his football intelligence, not his off the field ignorance.

The reason 3 coaches and numerous WRs went through ATL was because VICK was putting up a pout that "people wouldn't catch my passes" and "this coach doesn't know how to use me".

Good point. Vick was basically selfish, and wanted to run the freelance type offense he ran at VT. Whether he simply couldn't read defenses and his WRs or wouldn't, he took it upon himself far too much to run with the ball. His insistence on using his athletic skills rather than employing the cerebral fundamentals of his position (much to the chagrin of those coaches) makes me question his intelligence. Hearing him speak removed any doubt I might have had on that subject!

MAYBE he would have been a decent reciever, but he's not sturdy enough to be a RB, and he's not really fast enough to be an elite WR. Also, I'd have to reserve judgement on him as either position unless I saw him play special teams...

Even if he were well above average at one of those positions, the fact remains the Patriots are not in need of either one. With guys like Moss, Welker, Galloway, Maroney, Taylor, Morris, and Faulk, where would Vick fit into the mix? He wouldn't, and that was my point to these posters. That wouldn't change whether I loved the guy or hated him. I guess the Vick supporters are too obtuse to understand that, and accuse me of fabricating reasons not to sign him based on my disdain for him as a person.

I'll admit Vick wasn't a great QB, but what people don't understand is this.  IF Belichick signs him, IT WILL NOT BE TO REPLACE TOM BRADY!  Why don't people understand this?  He would become a back up, where he has a chance to learn the playbook and showcase his skills in camp and practices.  He may come in for a few plays here and there (not wildcat... I hope that phase is gone) but lets say we go 4 Wide outs, Brady behind center and Vick in the backfield.  You mean to tell me that wouldn't worry opposing defenses?  The fact that special attention will need to be paid to Vick means, attention isn't being focused elsewhere.  Hell, he might be in there as a decoy only... but he'll still worry defenses more that Maroney, Faulk, or Taylor would.

The only reason to have a backup QB is so there is someone who can step in if the starter gets hurt (as happened with Cassel last season). If Vick isn't a good QB, why do you think he'd be of any use as a backup? That makes no sense. And if they line up with 4 wide, any of the other RBs (especially Faulk) would be a lot better option than Vick as a the lone player in the backfield. That would leave no TE to block, and I doubt Vick is going to pick up a blitzing LB! Something like the wildcat is about the only thing Vick could reasonably be useful for, but I don't think Belichick is going to waste a lot of time on a trick formation. Certainly a guy who could only be used for a "few plays" or a decoy would not warrant a roster spot.

(gotta mention this... the bears' DEFENSE and RUNNING GAME led Chicago to the SB despite Grossman, so to compare the two is foolish on your part)

And that is mainly what advanced the Falcons to the NFCCG back in 05. Yet they were beaten by McChoke and the Eagles...the only conference championship game they managed to win out of five tries!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It seems that Mr. Kraft shares some of my opinions as to the usefulness of Michael Vick!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/01/kraft-closes-door-on-vick/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]It seems that Mr. Kraft shares some of my opinions as to the usefulness of Michael Vick!!! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/01/kraft-closes-door-on-vick/

Hey Bub. Thank goodness we can finally put this mess to bed. My S.O. came home Sunday morning and said that someone at work told him that the Patriots had signed Vick (via information they heard on the NFL Network on Sirius radio). I have to tell you, my heart sank. I said "No, that just can't be possible. I think he must have heard incorrectly because there has been absolutely no indication that this occurred on any of the sports stations, etc." Then I heard later in the day about Lemon and about what Mr. Kraft had said and I felt such a huge relief! I said I knew it couldn't be true.

So now I can just get on with looking forward to the season again. lol