Contract Issues Could Ground Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Contract Issues Could Ground Jets

Still grumbling over the way management handled workhorse RB Thomas Jones and OG Alan Faneca, Jets' players are keenly watching how the team deals with the contract issues of their top player and team leader, CB Darrelle Revis. Revis reportedly is seeking Nnamdi Asomugha type money ($16 million per year)...and is threatening a holdout if his demands aren't met.

Other Jet players seeking substantial increases are ILB David Harris, and center Nick Mangold: 
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/fat_citi_528JK6h4F5A8DbpIwWJNGP 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Contract Issues Could Ground Jets

Sam:

I agree that $16mil. per year is far too much money to pay a CB...even one as good as Revis. The Jets can thank ol' Uncle Al in Oakland, who agreed to pay that ridiculous money to CB Nnamdi Asomugha, for the pickle they're in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Revis is better then the guy in Oakland so I can see why he wants that money. The Jets either pay him or it will get ugly cause he is only asking for his market value here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Contract Issues Could Ground Jets:
    Yup.  Here is the difference between Pats fans and Jets fans: 1.  We are not delsuional. 2.  They are. We readily admit the NFL is tough and difficult to win games and put together back to back winning seaons. Meanwhile, they are crowning themselves diviison champs and SB champs to boot. All in a one year window, before it all goes to hell and Woody Johnson's PSL campaign proves to be the failure that mirrors Al Davis's approach in Oakland.
    Posted by russgriswold

Well said!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

can you guys see my posts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Contract Issues Could Ground Jets:
    Tex, I have a feeling we're going to see what kind of a coach Rex is this year. He has a team that looks good on paper but could easily turn on him if things aren't going well. I'm conceding the fact the Revis will sign with them. They start out with Baltimore, New England and (I think) Miami. This could easily put them 1 and 3 and could jump start the negativity regarding off season moves. My guess is by week 12 the playoff chances are gone and they'll be more like Con-Air than the Jets.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

How the Jets fare will largely depend upon the play of QB Mark Sanchez...and whether his knees will hold up. I can't understand why the Jets decided to let the dependable Thomas Jones go, and replace him with the faded Tomlinson...when they could have kept Jones for the same money that it took to sign LT.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

It wont be long and they'll be facing the same challenges BB and the Pats had to face a few years back.  All of a sudden your loaded with talented players that need to be paid. 

I'm sure they will F it up and be back to the same old Jets soon!